+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is going on in San Fran?

Re: What is going on in San Fran?

They know if they come over right now to talk smack it could blow up in their face
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

If they lose their game manager and don't get their legend, there is going to be mass hysteria in Alcatraz land. Oh what fun we will have watching.

Sounds like Peyton's officially in with Denver. So much for Teblow. Now I hope Smith goes to the Dolphins, leaving the 49ers scrambling. Tebow to San Fran? His Christianity should play really well there. Should we start placing bets on the first media blow-up with "the Gays"?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Sounds like Peyton's officially in with Denver.* So much for Teblow.* Now I hope Smith goes to the Dolphins, leaving the 49ers scrambling.* Tebow to San Fran?* His Christianity should play really well there.* Should we start placing bets on the first media blow-up with "the Gays"?
    [/quote]
    Nope Garrard signed with the dolphins so where does that leave Alex smith. Swallow pride and resign with SF? What does Tebow do sit behind Peyton for 3-5 yrs providing he has no more neck issues.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

I wonder if Alex will have his agent call on the browns or Titans.
    Who does tenn have on current roster for QBs

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</P>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</P>

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</p>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</p>[/quote]

I think what he is talking about is that the 9ers were doing their best Al Davis impersonation and picking a new coach every year, forcing Smith to adapt to different systems year after year. Personally I'm not completely against that view, but I still think Smith is little more then a game manager.

[quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</P>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</P>

[/quote]

I think what he is talking about is that the 9ers were doing their best Al Davis impersonation and picking a new coach every year, forcing Smith to adapt to different systems year after year. Personally I'm not completely against that view, but I still think Smith is little more then a game manager.
    [/quote]</P>

And if Smith were much better than what he had shown last season, there wouldn't have been a need to change staff so often.</P>

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</p>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And if Smith were much better than what he had shown last season, there wouldn't have been a need to change staff so often.</p>[/quote]

You can't put that all on a QB. This is a team sport. He went to the NFC championship game. No you don't have to be Joe Montana to do that, but you have to be good. With a few more pieces around him, they may have won the SB this year. It doesn't always have to be the QB that puts the team over the top.

Starter

[quote user="Medisleman"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="Drez"]

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And if Smith were much better than what he had shown last season, there wouldn't have been a need to change staff so often.</p>[/quote]

You can't put that all on a QB. This is a team sport. He went to the NFC championship game. No you don't have to be Joe Montana to do that, but you have to be good. With a few more pieces around him, they may have won the SB this year. It doesn't always have to be the QB that puts the team over the top.
    [/quote]

Yeah San Fran makes me scratch my head ...most Qbs get at least a little better when in the same system for multiple seasons. As close as they came last year you would think the try and keep Smith at least close to them, (but i can defiantly see why they went after Manning) sometimes it the system a player develops in that makes hom successful or not. Maybe this is the case..

+ Reply to Thread