+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MARIO MANNINGHAM'S DEPARTURE FROM GIANTS NOT LIKELY TO HAVE SERIOUS NEGATIVE IMPACT

MARIO MANNINGHAM'S DEPARTURE FROM GIANTS NOT LIKELY TO HAVE SERIOUS NEGATIVE IMPACT

"The current wide receiver situation is what is and no one in the front office
    is thinking within miles of a negative effect. Michigan product, Mario
    Manningham
    , has decided to move on to the west coast and into San Francisco.
    Be New York Giant-like and wish him well.

General Manager Jerry
    Reese
    and the Giants coaches were prepared for this and if you really
    thought they were surprised, then you may not know this franchise. They don’t
    wait until March or April and the parting of ways to figure out the next move.
    Plan A, Plan B and a Plan C had already been drawn up and set to go into effect
    if deemed necessary. There’s still over a month left before the 2012 NFL Draft and
    the continuance of Free Agency. Teams will also proceed with their roster cuts
    through August.

Currently on the New York
    Giants
    roster are: Hakeem
    Nicks
    , Victor
    Cruz
    , Domenik
    Hixon
    , Jerrel Jernigan, Ramses Barden, and Practice Squad players Isaiah
    Stanback and Dan DePalma. Missing are, of course, Manningham and two remaining
    UFA, Devin
    Thomas
    and Michael
    Clayton
    . Many will say that this isn’t threatening. Many made that same
    statement last season while also forgetting that there’s always something that
    the front office knows that the fan base doesn’t.

This receiving corps is dependent not only on themselves, their talent and
    their coaching, but on their quarterback. At this point a gentle, yet quite
    important reminder will be tossed directly at you. Get open. This quote was
    taken from an interview that Eli Manning had during the regular season (on the
    NFL Network)
    with former NFL quarterback,
    Kurt Warner. Warner led the questioning back into Manning’s mistake-riddled 2010
    season (shocker) and brought up the Giants Offensive Captain’s
    “inconsistencies.” An excerpt on #10’s answer:

“…He’s (receivers) doing the wrong thing, but I can still throw it in
    there. And THAT’S where interceptions come from. I told my receivers: If you
    make a mistake, you’re not getting the ball, so learn what to do. You’ll get
    more catches. We give you the options to get open. If you do something I’m not
    expecting, I’m not gonna throw it to you…”

There’s a pretty simple philosophy coming from a major cog in the offensive
    machine. Everything happens for a reason. Cruz surpassed Manningham for a
    reason. #82 was let free in search of a #1 receiver position for a reason. Reese
    has his reasons and he knew them back during the regular season…guaranteed.

One last reminder of a time when a record-holding running back retired and
    the New York Football
    Giants did nothing in the way of big name in free agency or high round in the
    draft to replace him. Remember?"

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: MARIO MANNINGHAM'S DEPARTURE FROM GIANTS NOT LIKELY TO HAVE SERIOUS NEGATIVE IMPACT

Call me crazy, I'm just not concerned about losing Mario. Yes he had a great playoff run but we seem to forget all the issues we had over the last few years. All the bad routes that led to int's and that infamous manning "wtf?" look. We had cruz come in and show him how its done. Maybe our offense was to complicated for him, maybe he'll thrive somewhere else. We can find someone who can do what he did and cruz proves we can find better that Mario Manningham.

Re: MARIO MANNINGHAM'S DEPARTURE FROM GIANTS NOT LIKELY TO HAVE SERIOUS NEGATIVE IMPACT

I think there are very few receivers in the league who could make the top 5 or 6 plays Manningham made this season. At the same time, I think there are plenty receivers that can have the same production or better as the 3rd receiver in an offense featuring Nicks, Cruz, and Eli.

Thanks Roanoke. Thanks Mario for the memories, but not concerned either. Already looking forward to the competition on this with what we have in-house even before the draft. Still pulling for Hixon and hoping we will see the gazelle doing some great things again.

All-Pro

it's a tough loss ... playmakers don't grow on trees ... some spin coming from the Giants, but certainly the handwriting was on the wall ... we simply could not justify paying him big $$ with Nicks and Cruz

and the fun part is ... somebody else will now have to emerge in a similar role that MM hadand i feel pretty confident that will happen

[quote user="jparmer"]Call me crazy, I'm just not concerned about losing Mario. Yes he had a great playoff run but we seem to forget all the issues we had over the last few years. All the bad routes that led to int's and that infamous manning "wtf?" look. We had cruz come in and show him how its done. Maybe our offense was to complicated for him, maybe he'll thrive somewhere else. We can find someone who can do what he did and cruz proves we can find better that Mario Manningham.[/quote]

you're not crazy at all.

he contributed to our success, but i have to say alot of what i saw with MM i really didn't like.

and given what other WRs have been getting this season in FA, the market spoke pretty loud and clear with a 2 year deal.

Not concerned. Once we get our running game back on track, the PA will open up more frequently, and we'll watch another reciever blossom for us.

The only thing that concerns me is who will be the next #3 to stand up.

So far I haven't seen a thing from Barden and Jernigan to make me excited by either of those and Hixon is one torn ACL away from wearing a peg leg.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]The only thing that concerns me is who will be the next #3 to stand up.

So far I haven't seen a thing from Barden and Jernigan to make me excited by either of those and Hixon is one torn ACL away from wearing a peg leg.[/quote]

*knocks on wood, throws salt over shoulder* to drive away the karma gods []

I don't see any negative impact at all.