+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MANNINGHAM PROBABLY MESSED UP HIS CARRER BY SIGNING WITH SAN FRANCISCO

It appears that Mario Manningham probably messed up his career they way things are shaping up in San Francisco. It appears he signed a contract with a team who has no established QB since it appears Smith is leaving San Francisco. According to Rotoworld and other sports news sources, Alex Smtith is really pissed off at both the 49ers and his agent and is now on the verge of signing with Miami. Also no way Manning goes to San Francisco and it appears he is heading to Tennessee. Now San Francisco has no QB if Smith pulls the trigger and signs with Miami. Manningham you did not think this through. The money blinded your thought process. Should have stayed home with us for aless or went to St. Louis where they have a very good QB. Instead he goes to a team with no QB to throw to him.

HERE IS THE STORY:

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.

The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost as if the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback.

Source: Denver Post

Mar 18 - 8:00 PM

Re: MANNINGHAM PROBABLY MESSED UP HIS CARRER BY SIGNING WITH SAN FRANCISCO

Dolphins are dumb too

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Dolphins are dumb too[/quote]

+1. You got that right

peyton manning will be a whiner...

I wouldn't sleep on Kaepernick. I think Harbaugh could put him in a manager role, and Kapernick has all the tangibles. Better arm than Smith, and more mobility.

Smith, I just don't think much of him.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I wouldn't sleep on Kaepernick. I think Harbaugh could put him in a manager role, and Kapernick has all the tangibles. Better arm than Smith, and more mobility. Smith, I just don't think much of him.[/quote]

Your right. Anyone could develop, but Manningham left a team with an elite QB and two top notch Recievers for a few million more to go to this mess. Makes no sense. His career is going to tailspin while Kaepernick learns the ropes. To bad for Mario. I liked him and now he is walkng into a minefield.

Veteran

If anything, I'd think not having Smith as the QB can only make things better for MM

(If you can't tell, I don't think much of Smith lol)

[quote user="NYGiantsFan56"]

[quote user="gmen0820"]I wouldn't sleep on Kaepernick. I think Harbaugh could put him in a manager role, and Kapernick has all the tangibles. Better arm than Smith, and more mobility. Smith, I just don't think much of him.[/quote]

Your right. Anyone could develop, but Manningham left a team with an elite QB and two top notch Recievers for a few million more to go to this mess. Makes no sense. His career is going to tailspin while Kaepernick learns the ropes. To bad for Mario. I liked him and now he is walkng into a minefield.

[/quote]It should be interesting to see how this unfolds, but I can see Mario Manningham become more of a consistent deep threat, and with Kaepernick, they will probably develop a more vertical type offense (especially with Moss there as well).

I don't see why Peyton doesn't go to SF other than the NFC part of it. It is a really good fit and that is a stable franchise. Good coach, excellent GM. Their arrow is pointing up, even if they can't duplicate last years win total.

He got a pay rise. I don't see how that's messing up his career.

You don't always need an elite QB to have good numbers as a receiver.