+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much will JPP eventually cost?

Yes, it's a few years away, but it's also a slow time of year so we're allowed to ponder.

I was reading this article about cliff Avril: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Avril has 30 sacks in 4 years, and the Lions are "far apart" in negotiating a long-term deal after franchising him. JPP has 21.5 sacks in 2 years. Let's say he has 40 by the end of his contract (could be a lot more if he stays healthy). Seems like the Giants will need to prepare to make JPP the highest paid defensive player in league history (until the next big contract comes along the next season) when he hits free agency.

Re: How much will JPP eventually cost?

More than Mario Williams

Whatever it will be, he will be worth every penny. I am definitely not looking forward to that day lol, although I am happy for him.

I'm not really an expert on contracts (I really couldn't care less), but I'll say that if he commands that kind of big bucks, it'll be because he's worth it.

So I hope he gets it.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Well the five-year contract he signed in 2010 is worth around 20 million all up. Provided his play doesn't drop off, that number could be closer to what he'll pull in each year once he inks a new deal.

Scary to think about.

All-Pro

Going to be most likely the most ever if he continues at this pace, but it will be worth it for this team since DE is our heart and soul to this team on defense.

[quote user="LT_was_good"]Yes, it's a few years away, but it's also a slow time of year so we're allowed to ponder.

I was reading this article about cliff Avril: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Avril has 30 sacks in 4 years, and the Lions are "far apart" in negotiating a long-term deal after franchising him. JPP has 21.5 sacks in 2 years. Let's say he has 40 by the end of his contract (could be a lot more if he stays healthy). Seems like the Giants will need to prepare to make JPP the highest paid defensive player in league history (until the next big contract comes along the next season) when he hits free agency.
    [/quote]

that question highlights very nicely why a team with cap challenges can't afford Tuck, JPP, and Osi.

It just can't.

Based on current market prices and assuming cruz remains as productive as he was in his first year, our QB, two starting WRs, and two starting DEs could account for 40% of a $130 million cap.

Each one of those players mentioned are getting $10 million + per season on the open market.

And Eli's worth probably more than $15 million.

Veteran

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Well the five-year contract he signed in 2010 is worth around 20 million all up. Provided his play doesn't drop off, that number could be closer to what he'll pull in each year once he inks a new deal.

Scary to think about.[/quote]

It might not be the end of the world. If you think about it, Eli will be getting towards the later years of his career by the time JPP signs. If his contract is back loaded in terms of the cap number, Eli may be gone by the time the real pain hits.

Not that that's a good thing in any way, just saying.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]More than Mario Williams[/quote]

+1

Its starting to feel like the Bills like to suck.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="LT_was_good"]Yes, it's a few years away, but it's also a slow time of year so we're allowed to ponder.

Avril has 30 sacks in 4 years, and the Lions are "far apart" in negotiating a long-term deal after franchising him.* JPP has 21.5 sacks in 2 years.* Let's say he has 40 by the end of his contract (could be a lot more if he stays healthy).* Seems like the Giants will need to prepare to make JPP the highest paid defensive player in league history (until the next big contract comes along the next season) when he hits free agency.
    [/quote]

that question highlights very nicely why a team with cap challenges can't afford Tuck, JPP, and Osi.

It just can't.

Based on current market prices and assuming cruz remains as productive as he was in his first year, our QB, two starting WRs, and two starting DEs could account for 40% of a $130 million cap.

Each one of those players mentioned are getting $10 million + per season on the open market.

And Eli's worth probably more than $15 million.*

[/quote]

Good thing in 2014 the cap is gonna take a HUGE jump thanks to hte new TV deal, so it wont be as much of a challenge to keep all of them.