+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JPP, Nicks, Cruz

If you could only keep two out of these three players...who would it be and why? Personally, Id pick JPP and Nicks.

Re: JPP, Nicks, Cruz

Me too and this is why I like the Giants to go after an early pick at WR, a stud that will develop from the get go with Eli and will give the Giants leverage to sign Cruz nexy year. Either way I can't count on JJ and Ramses at this point to deliver and Hixon still a question mark. This is the Giants way the last couple of yeas drafting high quality talent in the early rounds at WR, ( since 06 only one year, 10 they haven't darfted a WR in the first 3 round ), this is a trend that will continue this year, I'm almost sure of it.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

It depends on what happens this year. Will Nicks stay healthy or miss a few games? Will Cruz continue to make huge plays?

I would definitely keep JPP.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

[quote user="Roxersboxers"]If you could only keep two out of these three players...who would it be and why? Personally, Id pick JPP and Nicks.[/quote]

I might go JPP and Cruz if Cruz does in 2012 what he did in 2011.

Nicks seems to always get hampered by leg injuries (not enough to keep him out of games, but enough to effect performance) and Cruz can play outside and the slot making him more versatile.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

JPP and whichever receivers is healthier and/or more productive at the time.

Veteran

Rough question, but I'd have to agree

[quote user="Axels15"]Rough question, but I'd have to agree[/quote]

Holycrap... Im pooping thinking about loosing anyone of them. Jpp is amust and between those two I rather not think about it..my feeling is crux the better of the two but nicks personality has me wanting him to remain a giants for life

Not worried. Realistically, the older higher paid players or expendable back-up players will get shown the door to keep the rising young talent if it had to really come down to that. JPP is pretty much a shoe-in. This is really a question on Nicks or Cruz? and that's really tough at this point...

Veteran

Have to go with Nicks over Cruz. The other one (JPP) is obviously a lock as one of the two choices.

right now Cruz is just a flash in the plan - he had one incredible year, but plenty of receivers have had an incredible year and faded. Next year, team's will have a full season's worth of tape on him. And he had a bunch of hard to repeat short receptions turned into monster gains. Eli will be breaking in a new 3rd receiver. We have to see Cruz have another great year before we know what we really have.
    Nicks, however, has been steadily improving over the past 3yrs. He's a true #1.
    JPP is the obvious keeper - he's irreplaceable.