+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Tebow

Re: Tim Tebow

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="jjj45"]You are going to find a lot more hate here. It is what it is.
    [/quote]

I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't get the Tebow hate here in Giant's nation. The man meant nothing to us. My cousin hates him as well, but as I told him it's not his fault that the media can't shut up about him.

The other argument against him is that he got the spotlight, well the media looked down on Eli. The sad truth is that the media wasn't going to do more then mock Eli until he shut them up by what he did on the field. Tebow had nothing to do with that.
    [/quote]

Plain and simple (and this is solely my opinion) it's his public profession of his christianity which cause people to ostracize him. Believe me - my husband and I are born again Christians and I can tell you first hand how differently view you because they think you're religious freaks who only want to talk about Jesus 24/7. (Hint: we don't!)

It doesn't bother me when he 'thanks his Lord and Savior' before every interview, because...well.....I'd rather that than, "I'd like to give my most wicked gratification to the Prince of Darkness, Satan (snark)

Professionally - he's an okay QB with the potential to be great. And he very well can't do that under Peyton's shadow in Denver. Why that franchise took a chance on an aged QB with a yet-to-be-seen-how-he-bounces-back-from neck injury for FIVE years over a young, big, strong, popular guy like Tebow is beyond me. Nothing against Peyton - I think the guy is a class act, but I personally think he should've retired. I heard that no other sports figure ever had an injury such as his so they couldn't gage how quick (if at all) one bounces back from it. Does Denver really want to take that chance? Peyton's one QB sack from a 23 y/o, 300lb lineman from being carted off the field on a stretcher (God forbid!)

Oh, and someone on my FB who's a Denver fan posted, "Peyton's a Bronco. Superbowl here we come!" Er....it's not just the QB but who he's throwing to and I think Peyton had a better receiving corp with the Colts than he'll have with Denver.[/quote]

Actually there have been players with his kind of injury. I am glad Manning is back, he is the finest QB to play the game. His football IQ is one of the best. Broncos WR must be going nuts to play with this guy. I think that the Bronco just got a whole lot better.

I just hate the media. Tebow sucks.

I didn't say "I hate him", I said "he sucks".

Am I lying here?

I really enjoyed watching Tebow last season and routed for him. I hope he finds a team who needs somebody and treats him right. If given a chance with a full training camp and a coach behind him he may find success. If he doesn't, well then he won't be the first failed QB. I think he has at least earned an opportunity to be given a chance.

Veteran

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I just hate the media. Tebow sucks.

I didn't say "I hate him", I said "he sucks".

Am I lying here?[/quote]Well if someone says that "Eli sucks", wouldn't you call them a hater? Its the same thing with Tebow in that regard.

So by saying he sucks thats basically hating on Tebow.

I agree with several other posters on this topic. First, the media, especially ESPN, was non-stop with all the the hype on Tebow. But that is todays society---with social networking, internet, 24/7 sports channels etc.</P>

</P>

He went to a big school in Florida, won a Heisman and a couple National championships. So there were probably a lot of expectations put on this kid coming into the NFL, especially when McDaniels and the Broncos traded up to get him in the 1st rd.</P>

</P>

In my opinion, he is not a great QB in the NFL so far. Good maybe, average, more likely. But he is a hell of an athlete, with a solid work ethic and that fire, heart and soul, that many players in todays sports lack. Maybe over the next couple of years he will become a solid NFL QB, who knows. Now I say solid, not a hall of famer etc.</P>

</P>

But as for his faith---I have no problem with any of that at all. He seems to be a great young man with a good head on his shoulders. I think he is good for the younger kids today in sports. He sets a good example. Its a breath of fresh air considering most of the time all we as fans hear, is all of the negatives stories with athletes ie: drugs, DUI, assaults. </P>

</P>

I wish him well wherever he goes, maybe Miami, Jacksonville? </P>
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

I cannot wait for Tim to shut up a couple of mouths. Tim takes over a failed QB, goes on a winning streak, that only the Tom Brady Patriots stopped, and then Denver's in the playoffs. ( A team who had no business being there ) He beats the Steelers, in His first playoff game and the Broncos are going to jettison Him as if He were garbage. ( You see if He were some beer swilling, profanity lacing braggart the media would love Him ) However He spends His day offs in soup kitchens and talking to students in their schools.