+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burfict Busting Out of the Draft Entirely

Burfict Busting Out of the Draft Entirely

At Arizona State, the downward spiral continues for linebacker Vontaze Burfict. The one-time highly rated linebacker, who struggled through a disappointing 2011 campaign then ran poorly at the combine, looked no better today. Scouts thought Burfict looked poorly conditioned and out-of-place in drills. He was not smooth changing direction, dropped passes in drills and generally looked like a free agent compared to the first-round pick most predicted just six months ago. Several scouts said they felt bad for Burfict, who'll have another chance to redeem himself on March 30.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1pagFfcZK
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: Burfict Busting Out of the Draft Entirely

Wow. This guy will draw a lot of interest in FA then.

If hes there in the 5th round.... you grab him.

Brandon Spikes ran a really poor 40, and he is turning out to be a decent NFL Linebacker.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Brandon Spikes was known to be a heady linebacker tough, Burict the complete opposite

[quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Brandon Spikes was known to be a heady linebacker tough, Burict the complete opposite[/quote]

Spikes also produced big vs big time competition. You could doubt his athleticism based on the combine but you could never doubt his production, or his leadership.

Burfict hasnt produced, has proven less the athlete, and by all teammates and coaches account was a detriment to his team.

Many of the regulars on the draft forums(Slip, NYC, Redye, a few others and I) all said long before the combine that this kid has huge red flags. But, too many people think the cooler the youtube video the better the player.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Brandon Spikes was known to be a heady linebacker tough, Burict the complete opposite[/quote]

Spikes also produced big vs big time competition. You could doubt his athleticism based on the combine but you could never doubt his production, or his leadership.

Burfict hasnt produced, has proven less the athlete, and by all teammates and coaches account was a detriment to his team.

Many of the regulars on the draft forums(Slip, NYC, Redye, a few others and I) all said long before the combine that this kid has huge red flags. But, too many people think the cooler the youtube video the better the player.
    [/quote]

Its too bad pointing at the QB isn't a drill at the combine. Then Burfict wouldn't be disrespected like this!

(that's right, broke out the red font)

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]If hes there in the 5th round.... you grab him. Brandon Spikes ran a really poor 40, and he is turning out to be a decent NFL Linebacker.[/quote]

If by "you" you mean the Raiders, I totally agree . . . .

I would not speculate too much. This kid is a gamer. He may be bombing all off this work out stuff to be drafted by a better team!!! He will not get past the first round.

[quote user="jaxnygmen"]I would not speculate too much. This kid is a gamer. He may be bombing all off this work out stuff to be drafted by a better team!!! He will not get past the first round.[/quote]

lol . . . first round.

He may not get drafted at all . . .

[quote user="jaxnygmen"]I would not speculate too much. This kid is a gamer. He may be bombing all off this work out stuff to be drafted by a better team!!! He will not get past the first round.[/quote]

Was he bombing his play on the field all year for the same reason?

Completely take out all the interviews and workouts, just going purely off how he played in college, hes probably somewhere around a 3rd-5th round prospect.

+ Reply to Thread