+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burfict Busting Out of the Draft Entirely

Re: Burfict Busting Out of the Draft Entirely

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]. He may be the most physically gifted LB in this years class but there's too many red flags w/ this guy.
    [/quote]

In what aspect? Finger pointing performance?

He is the least athletic LB in this draft.[/quote]Look, I'll be the first one to tell you this guys got issues (red flags) but you can't deny his talent. It's all there, he's got all the physical tools to be a great LB in the NFL. I've seen tape on him going all the way back to his days in HS, and talent like his is rare. There's no excuse for why he showed up at the combine out of shape & posting piss poor results in damn near every drill. Same goes for his Pro Day. I've said it before, his story is a damn shame. Hopefully for his sake, he can take all this negative criticism from the press & use it as motivation to change his ways at the next level. If Vontaze Burfict can somehow get his act together, he'll be a terror in the NFL.[/quote]

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]. He may be the most physically gifted LB in this years class but there's too many red flags w/ this guy.
    [/quote]

In what aspect? Finger pointing performance?

He is the least athletic LB in this draft.[/quote]Look, I'll be the first one to tell you this guys got issues (red flags) but you can't deny his talent. It's all there, he's got all the physical tools to be a great LB in the NFL. I've seen tape on him going all the way back to his days in HS, and talent like his is rare. There's no excuse for why he showed up at the combine out of shape & posting piss poor results in damn near every drill. Same goes for his Pro Day. I've said it before, his story is a damn shame. Hopefully for his sake, he can take all this negative criticism from the press & use it as motivation to change his ways at the next level. If Vontaze Burfict can somehow get his act together, he'll be a terror in the NFL.[/quote]

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.[/quote]Not sure what this means? Translation please

Starter

Let the jestors have him.rexy can handle any player or situation .LOL

This kid needs help... He is super talented and and his combine performance is not this kids best.

There is no doubt that he will be on an NFL team next year, but I think it is more important that he is on a team with a solid foundation and a team that has a core group of veterans. A locker room like the Giants have, could be just what this kid needs. Starting from the ownership down, there is a great deal of structure, professionalism and a standard of excellence that only a few teams can say they have. This kid needs discipline, guidance and mentors.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]He is super talented and and his combine performance is not this kids best. [/quote]

Its far more than his combine performance. Hes lazy, out of shape, blames everyone else for his problems, and he just plain ISNT a good football player.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]He is super talented and and his combine performance is not this kids best. [/quote]

Its far more than his combine performance. Hes lazy, out of shape, blames everyone else for his problems, and he just plain ISNT a good football player.[/quote]

The CBS Sports draft boards have him dropped to between the 5th and 6th rounds now.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Id take a shot on him with a 3rd day pick, maybe the 6th or so. If Herzlich went undrafted, I could DEF see this kid going undrafted as well and if thats the case Id ink him.

The only way he's gonna make it in the NFL is if he gets under a team with solidarity and a strong coaching staff just like us. If he gets drafted by a team like Miami, Jacksonville, or one of those kinda teams he'll be playing in Canada in no time
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]If hes there in the 5th round.... you grab him.

Brandon Spikes ran a really poor 40, and he is turning out to be a decent NFL Linebacker.[/quote]

The difference is that Brandon Spikes lacked athleticism this kid doesn't he could well have ran a 4.5 40 I'd say if he put in the work some of the other guys put in.

I think this guy showed up at the combine without doing any work what so ever since the season ended.

To me that is a much bigger red flag than spikes' lack of speed.

After saying all that you never know the guy could turn out to be a very good player if he gets to work.

+ Reply to Thread