+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How often do you wonder how lucky you are?

I'm only 20 and I've seen the Giants win 2 Superbowls. Fans of some teams have probably been waiting 40 years for an appearance never mind a trophy to show for it. I'm pretty grateful for it, in a league of 32 where only one team can be left standing, to take two in five years is unbelievable. I just hope people cherish it while it lasts, I've noticed some people getting picky about the lack of free-agents, but jesus we could be a perennially losing team who wins four or five games every year, that is a real problem to moan about. I think about it all the time, its memories you cannot buy, fans of a lot of teams would love to have half the success our team has had.

Re: How often do you wonder how lucky you are?

[quote user="Juanito"]I'm only 20 and I've seen the Giants win 2 Superbowls. Fans of some teams have probably been waiting 40 years for an appearance never mind a trophy to show for it. I'm pretty grateful for it, in a league of 32 where only one team can be left standing, to take two in five years is unbelievable. I just hope people cherish it while it lasts, I've noticed some people getting picky about the lack of free-agents, but jesus we could be a perennially losing team who wins four or five games every year, that is a real problem to moan about. I think about it all the time, its memories you cannot buy, fans of a lot of teams would love to have half the success our team has had.
    [/quote]I prefer the word fortunate but I hear you.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran

Unfortunately I'm greedy and want more.

Veteran

You will only realize how great these years were when years of mediocrity go by.

1990 was my first year watching football (7 years old)...and I thought every season ended in glory. Unfortunately, it took 17 years to win again. That 1990 team remained in my heart for all those years. I can appreciate these last 2 Super Bowls much more now...But I still feel like I am riding on cloud 9...even from the 2007 championship...

[quote user="Pakman"]Unfortunately I'm greedy and want more.[/quote]
    +1. I'm a Mets fan so this is my only sports enjoyment.

I've been fortunate enough to witness all 4 SB victories. They've been one of the best and most consistent franchises in that time period. During that time they've been to 5 SBs and only NE has been to more (6 SB).

But I want more.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="Pakman"]Unfortunately I'm greedy and want more.[/quote]
    +1. I'm a Mets fan so this is my only sports enjoyment.

I've been fortunate enough to witness all 4 SB victories. They've been one of the best and most consistent franchises in that time period. During that time they've been to 5 SBs and only NE has been to more (6 SB).

But I want more.[/quote]Agreed. I to watched all five of out SBs. He is right. We need to be thankful. Fans of Some teams have never been able to see what it feels like for their team to be in the SB cause they never made it there. Other fans just know the feeling of frustration as their teams have got there several times and lost each time (Vikings & Bills). We are somewhat spoiled. But not only winning but winning with story book endings in 07 and 11
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

lol i thought this was going to be a thread of our 2 "lucky" Superbowl wins.

when i was your age i saw 2 giant superbowls also.

good times.

As a fan of the Giants its a fortune to have witness this team win 2 superbowls. I been a hardcore Giants Fan since 2006 but you can say I started following them in 2004 when Eli got drafted. 2007 happened so quick because I shortly become a fan before, its a fortune.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

[quote user="Pakman"]Unfortunately I'm greedy and want more.[/quote]I remember when my Cousin said he was satisfied with 5 Superbowls ( he was a 49er's fan) and I thought he was crazy in the head. Then some stupid fool told me that I was greedy because I told him that I was mad that the Giants couldn't repeat in 09 and I wanted to ask him does he belong to a ******ed center.