+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Veteran

Re: Community Draft Room

[quote user="Neverend"]Despise Green. Too, too damn small. He is a WR

Great speed, but zero quickness. And for someone who is supposed to be great at towering over small defenders and coming up with jump balls, doesnt seem to be elite in that area. Loses some battles. I'm not impressed. Hopefully the giants don't draft that guy[/quote]

Lmafo " too damn small" lol i agree hes not your prototypical every down TE, i think he can max out his frame a little more add a little muscle and i think he will spread the middle for any team. with that said he wasn't my first choice he wasn't even in my prospect selections. i wanted the OT Mosely, but Enigma brought up a great point and the way the mock was looking for that past rounds the Drop off in TE talent was noticable. plus round 4 i think all the Good TE's are gone way before we pick.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg …

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="rainierjef"]NY GIANTS Recap community mock.

Round 1 : * Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech

Round 2 : Doug Martin RB Boise State

Round 3: Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette[/quote]Id be borderline ANGRY with that draft

[/quote]

Should of voiced your opinion earlier, i wanted Fleener in the first and was possibly thinking of trading out of it which was Theenigma's idea ( good one at that )

and i sincerely doubt Green goes past Mid round 4th late 3rd the Falcons are also looking for Gonzales replacement
    [/quote]Honestly I didnt stumble upon this thread til later, but I think we're looking at the RT spot in the first 2 rounds, its really our only spot of need on offense.*

We have 2 TEs (I think everyone forgot about Pascoe) that are healthy and can play just fine.

With a strong OL we can have a revolving door at RB with Bradshaw leading the way

WR could be argued for, but it seems that our coaching staff and FO is high on Jerrnigan and even Barden, hell a healthy Hixon couldnt hurt either

All that being said we only have 2 DTs who have played football in the past 2 years and we only have 3 safetys signed.

I know RBs and WRs are the 'sexy' positions but I doubt we look that way so early in the draft
    [/quote] we need a third wide out to stretch the field and I don't think jerrnigan can play on the outside he's a slot guy. Its not the sexy pick its the value pick. Wr and dt will be the value positions most likely when we pick at 32. I agree about right tackle bu twith the way this thread was structured Doug martin was the value pick. I like green I think in a couple years he could be that jimmy Graham type te, but I'm not sure the giants want that. Agree about the online we need to address it early. That being said Doug martin won't be there and we will more then likely select a lineman there.

4a. Demario Davis MLB
    4b.matt mccants or jaye Howard.

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Kruunch"]VERY doubtful Doug Martin is there at the end of the 2nd round.

But anyways ... fourth round pick (we get two 4th round picks remember) ...

Keenan Robinson's stock is rising (he's a borderline 3rd round pick now) and Datko and Donte Paige-Moss are 6th round picks so we can wait on them ...

Choices: Nate Potter (OT) / Coryell Judie (CB) / Tauren Poole (RB) / Derek Wolfe (DT) / Chris Rainey (RB) / Janzen Jackson (FS)

We stay on the offensive side of the ball for the first 4th rounder with ...

Nate Potter (OT)

And then we go defense and go secondary depth with ...

Coryell Judie (CB)[/quote]
    i agree with the nate potter pick thats who i was going to select yas well and i definitely was going with a CB or DB with the comp pick. Do you think coryell judie is a better prospect than asa jackson or do you feel asa wont be there.
    And what do you think about the safety brandon taylor from LSU[/quote]

Brandon Taylor I thought might be interesting but everyone seems to be cooling on him (by "everyone" I mean the official draft pundits, not us).

Asa Jackson doesn't do a think for me ... I like Coryell Judie much better at this pick.

P.S. - Brandon Taylor in the 5th could be an interesting choice if he falls that far.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Since you guys went WR, RB, and then TE (shakes head) in the 1st three rounds ya HAVE to go either OT or Defense with the 2 fourth rounders.

Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Veteran

[quote user="Kase-1"]Since you guys went WR, RB, and then TE (shakes head) in the 1st three rounds ya HAVE to go either OT or Defense with the 2 fourth rounders.

[/quote]

Not necessarily but i can understand why you feel this way.
    Its about adding strength or depth at these rounds
    maybe the coaching staff is okay with the O-Line guys they have now you have to remember they drafted petrus / brewer a year ago. Boothe proved hes serviceable at 2 spots, their adamant on moving Deihl over to RT. and their committed to keeping baas at center.
    I like anyone else would love for a Good OT in the 2nd round but it doesn't look that way imho.
    DB/CB's defnitely you need to add those. where not spread thin but we have a lot of recovering players at that position.
    WR you can always add more depth there we are spread thin there. due to the fact that outside of cruz and nick we don't know what we have. Streeter or Mccnutt in this round is not outside the realm of reason.
    But i would like too see your prospects and who your choices would be

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Kruunch"]VERY doubtful Doug Martin is there at the end of the 2nd round.

But anyways ... fourth round pick (we get two 4th round picks remember) ...

Keenan Robinson's stock is rising (he's a borderline 3rd round pick now) and Datko and Donte Paige-Moss are 6th round picks so we can wait on them ...

Choices: Nate Potter (OT) / Coryell Judie (CB) / Tauren Poole (RB) / Derek Wolfe (DT) / Chris Rainey (RB) / Janzen Jackson (FS)

We stay on the offensive side of the ball for the first 4th rounder with ...

Nate Potter (OT)

And then we go defense and go secondary depth with ...

Coryell Judie (CB)[/quote]
    i agree with the nate potter pick thats who i was going to select yas well and i definitely was going with a CB or DB with the comp pick. Do you think coryell judie is a better prospect than asa jackson or do you feel asa wont be there.
    And what do you think about the safety brandon taylor from LSU[/quote]

Brandon Taylor I thought might be interesting but everyone seems to be cooling on him (by "everyone" I mean the official draft pundits, not us).

Asa Jackson doesn't do a think for me ... I like Coryell Judie much better at this pick.

P.S. - Brandon Taylor in the 5th could be an interesting choice if he falls that far.[/quote]

and thats why i feel we should take a look at him in this round i think the 4th is as far as he stretches down the draft. i don't believe he will be there in the 5th

@Katdaddyjay 17h