+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Community Draft Room

[quote user="rainierjef"]but if we do decide on trading down. personally i'm not to thrilled with Theenigma's idea of the Rams 2nd and their early 4th i think were short changing ourselves on this one.

any other suggestions ?
    [/quote]I just looked up trades around the 32nd area in the last two drafts for reference.

In 2011, Denver traded their 36 (2nd) to San Francisco for their 45 (2nd), 108 (4th), and 141 (5th).

In 2010, Minnesota traded their 30 (1st) and 128 (4th) to Detroit for their 34 (2nd), 100 (4th), and 214 (7th).

The trade demands you request from the 32nd spot just aren't fair for the other team. Look it up on the value chart I linked earlier and you'll see what I mean. MAYBE they would be willing to throw in a 5th as well or instead of a 4th and 5th, they will throw in a 2nd rounder from 2013 but that's probably it.

This draft has some good talent in the mid rounds like Keenan Robinson, Tommy Streeter, Nate Potter, and so forth. Dropping down from 32nd to 39th would be worth it in my book for just one mid selection but an extra like an early 5th would be icing on the cake.

I'd be fine with Fleener if it ultimately comes down to that if more people vote that way but I still think getting additional selection in the middle rounds is the best way to go for this team.

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="rainierjef"]but if we do decide on trading down. personally i'm not to thrilled with Theenigma's idea of the Rams 2nd and their early 4th i think were short changing ourselves on this one.

any other suggestions ?
    [/quote]I just looked up trades around the 32nd area in the last two drafts for reference.

In 2011, Denver traded their 36 (2nd) to San Francisco for their 45 (2nd), 108 (4th), and 141 (5th).

In 2010, Minnesota traded their 30 (1st) and 128 (4th) to Detroit for their 34 (2nd), 100 (4th), and 214 (7th).

The trade demands you request from the 32nd spot just aren't fair for the other team. Look it up on the value chart I linked earlier and you'll see what I mean. MAYBE they would be willing to throw in a 5th as well or instead of a 4th and 5th, they will throw in a 2nd rounder from 2013 but that's probably it.

This draft has some good talent in the mid rounds like Keenan Robinson, Tommy Streeter, Nate Potter, and so forth. Dropping down from 32nd to 39th would be worth it in my book for just one mid selection but an extra like an early 5th would be icing on the cake.

I'd be fine with Fleener if it ultimately comes down to that if more people vote that way but I still think getting additional selection in the middle rounds is the best way to go for this team.[/quote]

arrgghhh damn your logic... i want to be the jerry jones mentality in all this **** whats fair greed, greed and more greed!!! lmao but i understand and your right.

okay if im down only if its the 2nd / 4th and the 5th. but i don't think that St. Louis has a 5 to give up i think they gave it to Denver. Do think miami would be willing to move up to get a QB i mean we can pimp them for a ransom.. got a couple of teams before them that might go the QB route in the Early 2nd round K.Cousins and B.weeden might be there i'm thinking Tannehill might be reached by someone in the first. they have a couple of 3rd's a 4th anda 5th not saying we get all that but they have more picks to negotiate with.

i just wanna see all angles before i sign off on this, im really diehard on Fleener but i understand if it would be better for the organization to move out of the first round

*People get in on this its actually fun. Enigma is making me think man ****

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg …

I'd be down for getting the extra fifth and second and trading down and grabbing Doug martin and bobby massie then trade up in the third to get Greg child's with that extra fifth, BC we already have an extra fifth I think(compensatory). Fourth get ladarius green or demario Davis. With the two fifths get Brandon brooks and Justin bethel. Rd six kelcie McCray, rd seven Julian miller
    So it'd look like this
    2.a. Doug martin
    2.b. bobby massie
    3. Greg child's
    4.ladarius green or demario davis
    5. Demario Davis or Brandon brooks
    5.b. Justin bethel
    6. Andrew datko or kelcie McCray
    7.Julian miller or d Angelo peterson

Miami is a possibility but 39 to 42 could kick out some potential prospects and I could see Doug Martin possibility being off the board. Also, the just signed Garrard to compete with Moore so you have to wonder if they are content with those two for this year and possibly have their eyes set on Barkley in next year's draft.

What about Jacksonville? They have the 38th selection and if Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams are still on the board, they could really use a good linemen to protect Gabbert.

So it would be the Giants trading their 32 for the Jaguars 38, 101, and 134.

What do you gentlemen think of that?

Veteran

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]I'd be down for getting the extra fifth and second and trading down and grabbing Doug martin and bobby massie then trade up in the third to get Greg child's with that extra fifth, BC we already have an extra fifth I think(compensatory). Fourth get ladarius green or demario Davis. With the two fifths get Brandon brooks and Justin bethel. Rd six kelcie McCray, rd seven Julian miller
    So it'd look like this
    2.a. Doug martin
    2.b. bobby massie
    3. Greg child's
    4.ladarius green or demario davis
    5. Demario Davis or Brandon brooks
    5.b. Justin bethel
    6. Andrew datko or kelcie McCray
    7.Julian miller or d Angelo peterson[/quote]

Lol i like your enthusiasm Blu but were going round by round its hard enough for me to swallow trading down, but it seems like the necessary move right now i like both your round 2 picks though i might go the same route, if this trade down is finalized

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Miami is a possibility but 39 to 42 could kick out some potential prospects and I could see Doug Martin possibility being off the board. Also, the just signed Garrard to compete with Moore so you have to wonder if they are content with those two for this year and possibly have their eyes set on Barkley in next year's draft.

What about Jacksonville? They have the 38th selection and if Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams are still on the board, they could really use a good linemen to protect Gabbert.

What do you gentlemen think of that?[/quote]

i think i'm okay with this one sir, the Jags are not to far down where we sacrifice talent and that extra 5th is the icing on the cake for me for this trade. if no one else comes in with something new or a fleener pick @ 32 by tomorrow at the posted times then sign me up.

Unless Blu or Kruunch has a different trade opportunity, just need one of them to cosign as well and its a majortiy vote.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Round 1. Pick 32 New York Giants trade 1st to St. Louis Rams for their 2nd (Pick 39) and 4th (Pick 97). I believe that the Browns will select Blackmon at Pick 4, leaving the Rams to take either Claiborne, Richardson, or Reiff. This still leaves the Rams without a decent receiving option. One possibility that could present itself is that Coby Fleener and Stephen Hill both will be available at 32 but they have interest in both prospects. Due to the recent Martellus Bennet signing, selecting a TE might nor occur and since we have no immediate need at WR, we'll likely go mid round there as well. This trade lines us up for the following prospects: 1. Doug Martin (RB) / Stephon Gillmore (CB) / Kendall Reyes (DT) 2. Dropped prospect - Mark Barron (S) 3. Round 2. Pick 39: Tackle / Running Back / Tight End 4. Doug Martin (RB) Need for depth Outside of Bradshaw, we have no one else to be confident in at this position. Ware? He's just been a warm body for us on the depth chart who can do decent pass blocking. Brown? Former practice squad guy that you can't really rely on to become a star. Scott? He has a case of the fumbles this past season but he has potential. Still, we need better talent regardless. Martin offers the Giants a receiving/screen type of RB who is also powerful between the tackles. The only knacks in his game are not having elite speed and being a bit raw in pass protection. This depends a lot if we end up resigning Jacobs. If we do, I'd select someone else.[/quote] I don't know if the browns will take blackmon, but i think if they don't, there completely stupid!!!lol If they take Ryan Tannehill, i will just continue to laugh at them as a franchise.. Blackmon has a chance to be a Larry Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson type impact WR, and u just don't pass on one of those, for a guy who i believe is a 3rd rd prospect, in Tannehill...

Anyhow, i like the trade with St louis that u chose, and i would be so down with that.. U still have a chance to get the player you were gonna take at 32 anyways, and worst case scenario, your getting a guy when u drop down that u could certainly make a arguement to why he's better then whoever got taken at 32 anyways... So i'm going with your Trade which lines us up with these prospects...

1. Andre Branch DE Clemson/ Doug Martin RB Boise St/ Amini Silatolu G Midwestern St.

2. Dropped Prospect- Peter konz C Wisc- I just think sometimes teams under value C's, and Konz could possilby slip

3. RD 2/Pick 39- TE/RB/Oline

4. Doug Martin- This kids a complete back, and also can return kicks if need be, and with jacobs gone, we could use another back to challenge Darrell Scott and whoever else is there at the positon going into the season..

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Miami is a possibility but 39 to 42 could kick out some potential prospects and I could see Doug Martin possibility being off the board. Also, the just signed Garrard to compete with Moore so you have to wonder if they are content with those two for this year and possibly have their eyes set on Barkley in next year's draft.

What do you gentlemen think of that?[/quote]

i think i'm okay with this one sir, the Jags are not to far down where we sacrifice talent and that extra 5th is the icing on the cake for me for this trade. if no one else comes in with something new or a fleener pick @ 32 by tomorrow at the posted times then sign me up.

Unless* Blu or Kruunch has a different trade opportunity, just need one of them to cosign as well and its a majortiy vote.
    [/quote]

When was the last time the Giants traded out of the first round?

I don't see them trading back.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

This is not my original idea it was a great plan by GGTM_1977 to get everyone to collectively map out a solid blueprint for how we as fans would like to see our organization select its future in the upcoming draft.

Read the bold part Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Miami is a possibility but 39 to 42 could kick out some potential prospects and I could see Doug Martin possibility being off the board. Also, the just signed Garrard to compete with Moore so you have to wonder if they are content with those two for this year and possibly have their eyes set on Barkley in next year's draft. What about Jacksonville? They have the 38th selection and if Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams are still on the board, they could really use a good linemen to protect Gabbert. So it would be the Giants trading their 32 for the Jaguars 38, 101, and 134. What do you gentlemen think of that?[/quote]

Unless Blu or Kruunch has a different trade opportunity, just need one of them to cosign as well and its a majortiy vote.
    [/quote] When was the last time the Giants traded out of the first round? I don't see them trading back.[/quote]

I Dont remember the giants ever trading out of the first.
    but the community mock is not about what we think the giant's would do
    its what we would do if the decision was ours, and the negoitiaons amongst each other to come to a common ground
    I agree though i rather not trade out of the first i still think there is value at 32 that's drops off going into the later rounds
    but it's a majority rules thing and if trading down is the majority
    i rather trade with the JAGS for their 2nd 4th and 5th.

but Kruunch if you can get other people to agree with your pick you only need two people to over rule the trading down.
    Fleener is my guy, i think people are skeptical of him cuase he didn't run the forty at the combine some people are even saying
    hes as slow as 4.7-4.8 I Think he surprises all at his pro day. pro style ready, can block, can be an asset to running downs and is an upgrade to the line as well, the eagles got good outside Corners we need someon to exploit their weakness which is the middle, same with Cowboys. we gotta win the division gentlemen Fleener helps us do that.

@Katdaddyjay 17h