+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Community Draft Room

I like Fleener but I see a guy like Doug Martin who is the best all-around weapon in this draft (exception of Richardson) that can benefit our offense in so many ways.

Power running game to pound the ball and tire the defense? Check

Ability to perform screens (that none of our RB's are good at) to neutralize pass rushes? Check

Receiving threat from the backfield or slot like Ray Rice or Tiki? Check

Both Fleener and Martin are a bit raw in pass protection but the latter already has the build for it and just needs coaching. Fleener's current blocking isn't going to cut it plus he does need more mass to add.

Doug Martin doesn't have elite speed but we already have Scott who runs a 4.3 to be the change of pace back.

This pick also helps protect Eli better since we need to get better at running the football not only with linemen selections but a better backfield as well. We would be screwed if we lost Bradshaw to an injury. We proved last year that TE isn't that big of a deal with Eli making Ballard look good.

Getting more balanced on offense makes us less predictable and takes off some of the heat on Eli and in turn, less chance of him getting injured. That San Francisco game was great but we can't afford to allow that to happen too many times.

Don't get me wrong. I think Fleener is a great prospect and good kid but there are other TE's further down the draft you can develop to bring the same skillset he has at the moment.

There's also good RB's as well but most of them would fit better in a committee system or only bring one thing to the table.

Gents i am honored that my idea was actually considered for this.....here we go:

Mark Barron (SS) /Stephen Hill (WR) / Mike Adams (OT)

Dropped to us: Cordy Glenn OG

Round 1: Oline / DB / WR

Stepeh Hill (WR) BPA

Veteran

Stephen Hill is an interesting choice. i would love that pick but i don't see him going past one of the Pats picks / or in the top 20.

I Think out of your list Barron might be the one there at 32.

but GGTM my man.. it looks like were trading out of the 1st its majority right now and we only got a couple hours till close out of the First, Unless i can talk you into going with Fleener lol

i think its down to

The rams or the jags unless otherwise.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg …

[quote user="rainierjef"]

Stephen Hill is an interesting choice. i would love that pick but i don't see him going past one of the Pats picks / or in the top 20.

but GGTM my man.. it looks like were trading out of the 1st its majority right now and we only got a couple hours till close out of the First, Unless i can talk you into going with Fleener lol

i think its down to

[/quote]

Oh so you are saying for our "community draft" here on the boards we are trading out of the round?

Veteran

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="rainierjef"]

i think its down to

[/quote] Oh so you are saying for our "community draft" here on the boards we are trading out of the round?[/quote]

well this is how it looks right now as far as the community selection goes

got one vote for Fleener @ 32 : Me

2 For Stephen Hill @ 32 : you and Blu

2 for trading out of the First with the Rams well i don't know i think i talked Enigma into the looking outside of the rams,
    i said miami he said jags which is a better deal. : TheEnigma,nycsportzfan

(Trading picks)

Hey Enigma are you willing to trade with the Rams or Jags?

Nycsportzfan choose the rams

*kruunch is the tie braker here he has Mark Barron & Stephen Hill as his picks @32. if he choose Stephen Hill, then

Our First round pick will be stephen Hill

if hechooses Mark Barron then either him or I would be the tie breaker in that decision

I already said if the majority rule is trading out then i'm fine with it and i choose the Jags to trade with for their 2nd 4th and 5th

Trading with the rams looks like their 2nd and the early 4th thats a Late 3rd.

got 2 more hours till end of first round. i don't know what we would do if the decisons are split like this.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

Round One has Officially Timed out.

Since Kruunch has selected Stephen Hill / Mark Barron as his BPA @ 32 picks. and GGTM_1977& Blu also choose Stephen Hill .

thats a 3 over 2 majority of Hill over trading down into the 2nd round, versus my one pick of Fleener which never stood a chance.

Our 1st Round Mock Selection Pick is Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants have the 63rd Pick in Round 2

Same format as the first

1. 3 propects that will be there at our pick of 63 in the 2nd.

2. 1 prospect that you see dropping in that round to our spot ( if you can give an explanation of why you feel they drop nothing long just a quick summary)

3. positions of need in order of most important to least

example mineswould beRB/ OL / LB

4. then out of the 3 prospects and the one dropped prospect your pick for this round.

* If you want to trade out of the round then state that and who your willing to trade with and what picks will be traded. no need to add who you would choose in the 3rd were going round by round.

Remember This is NOT! what we think the giants will do in the Draft. this is meant for how we as individuals; Fans in a decision making position would debate and collectively agree on the outcome of the Draft as we see it. No idea is a stupid one feel free to throw anything out there.

*Round 2 closes outSaturday March 24th at 9:30PM ET/8:30PM CT/3:30PM Pacific get your ideas in before then.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Katdaddyjay 17h

[quote user="rainierjef"]

Round One has Officially Timed out.

Since Kruunch has selected Stephen Hill / Mark Barron as his BPA @ 32 picks. and GGTM_1977*& Blu* also choose Stephen Hill .

thats a 3 over 2 majority of Hill over trading down into the 2nd round, versus my one pick of Fleener which never stood a chance.

Our 1st Round Mock Selection Pick is Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants have the 64th Pick in Round 2

Same format as the first

1. 3 propects that will be there at our pick of 64 in the 2nd.

2. 1 prospect that you see dropping in that round to our spot ( if you can give an explanation of why you feel they drop nothing long just a quick summary)

3. positions of need in order of most important to least

*** example mines*would be*RB/ OL / LB

4. then out of the 3 prospects and the one dropped prospect your pick for this round.

* If you want to trade out of the round then state that and who your willing to trade with and what picks will be traded. no need to add who you would choose in the 3rd were going round by round.

Remember This is NOT! what we think the giants will do in the Draft. this is meant for how we as individuals; Fans in a decision making position would debate and collectively agree on the outcome of the Draft as we see it. No idea is a stupid one feel free to throw anything out there.

*Round 2 closes out*Saturday* March 24th at 9:30PM ET/8:30PM CT/3:30PM Pacific get your ideas in before then.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

Dude this is kinda fun......I love how you post the deadline in bold at the end of the posts.......feels so official.....

Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

6'4", 215lbs, 33 3/8" Arm Length, 9 3/8" Hands

40 YD Dash: 4.36 Sec

Bench Press: 14

Vertical: 39.5 Inch

Broad: 133.0 Inch

3 Cone: 6.88 Sec

20 YD Shuttle: 4.48 Sec

60 TD Shuttle: 11.43 Sec

Overview:Hill is an early-entry junior receiver out of Georgia Tech who started consistently for the past two years and was the sole deep threat in a run-first offense. He has great length and an outstanding catch radius, which along with his speed makes him a serious deep-threat option in the NFL. He has a thin frame and will be hurt by the fact that he ran a very basic route tree at Georgia Tech, and teams won't be able to utilize him for much more than go routes at this point in his career. He is a splash player who was No. 1 in the nation in yards per catch; he has fourth-round value based off his all-around body of work but could impress a team with his size and speed enough to ascend significantly throughout the pre-draft process. If the rest of his game can catch up to the ability he shows in the deep passing game, Hill could be the sleeper of this year's draft.

Enigma's thoughts: Even though he's very inexperienced with his route tree, this team has plenty of depth so that he doesn't have to be rushed onto the field the 1st game of the season. He's a great run blocker, has elite speed for the position, and great height that he can use to his advantage against cornerbacks. This also gives us a little more leverage when we have to deal with the contracts of Nicks and Cruz in the future.

Also, it's now the 63rd pick since the Saints lost their 2nd.

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Also, it's now the 63rd pick since the Saints lost their 2nd.[/quote]

Lmao word makes it more interesting im doing my due diligence now on this next round

@Katdaddyjay 17h