+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvin Austin

Marvin Austin

Marvin Austin is coming back he will be in 2nd season, he missed all of last season with a torn pectoral muscle.

Anyone here excited to see what Marvin Austin can bring to the Giants?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: Marvin Austin

Hes been out of football for the past 2 years and had a lot of off the field issues in North Carolina and people act as if hes the second coming of Warren Sapp. We just have to wait and see....but I dont see him producing much because Its been a while sense he sniffed the field.

I hope he just stays healthy, getting into the dline rotation shouldn't be very hard for him then we all can get a good look at him playing
    The Gigalo with the most below

Honestly, it's going to be like getting an extra draft pick in this draft class because we really can't count last year because he did not play a single snap last year. He has had an entire year to study, prepare, rehab, and get in shape for this season. Yes, he hasn't played a down of football in two years, but he is a 23-year-old kid that many considered a first round talent in last year's draft with a whole lot to prove. I think we already got two very capable starters at DT with Canty and Joseph, so another capable young body can never hurt. The Giants have several of 25 and under players that I think will be stars in this league for a lot of years: Nicks, Cruz, and JPP. I think Austin, along with Amukamara, can join that list if they show up to play this year.

Veteran

Probably need to split the difference here.

Linval was a second rounder and had full ota's and training camp and was almost never active.

Austin will get ota's and training camp - had a small one last year.

Right now our D tackle rotation is small - Benard is an FA (may come back again on the cheap) but im sure the hope is Austin can rotate in, but there is no guarantee he can. Next year will be a big learning year for him.

Austin has great potential, think it will take a little time for him to achieve it. I think he will see significant playing time in the rotation; however, I don't think it will be a break out year. Probably more like Joseph who's second year was excellent.

[quote user="T-Murda84"]had a lot of off the field issues in North Carolina[/quote]

According to the giants, who know far more about these things than us or the media, he was actually relatively clean off the field.

[quote user="Antwuan"]Marvin Austin is coming back he will be in 2nd season, he missed all of last season with a torn pectoral muscle.

Anyone here excited to see what Marvin Austin can bring to the Giants?[/quote]

i was excited last year

now im just interested....

i think its hard to come back after missing ur senior year in college, rookie year in pros and be effective
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="T-Murda84"]Hes been out of football for the past 2 years and had a lot of off the field issues in North Carolina and people act as if hes the second coming of Warren Sapp. We just have to wait and see....but I dont see him producing much because Its been a while sense he sniffed the field.[/quote]

The NCAA wants to know who paid for travel and lodging formultiple trips toMiami, travels which were first mentioned on Austinís Twitter account. Austin has since taken down the Twitter account.

Weíre told that Saunders was also on at least one trip to Miami as well as several other players.

The NCAA is also interested in Austinís travel back and forth to Washington, D.C., his hometown.

Austin has been questioned by investigatorsabout driving a car that belongs to former North Carolina defensive tackle Kentwan Balmer, a San Francisco 49ers 2008 first-round draft pick.

Oh my God! He got plane tickets paid for and drove a car from a friend/ former player! What a bad person with crazy charater concerns!

It may take him some time to get back to normal no doubt, but when he does, he will be better then Joseph.

[quote user="TuckYou"]It may take him some time to get back to normal no doubt, but when he does, he will be better then Joseph.

[/quote]

Joseph and Austin are completely different types of players.