+ Reply to Thread

"I played on several teams and the New York Giants is by far the best franchise I ever played for"

That comment was made by our ex kicker John Carney. Pretty awesome to hear that players love this organization.

Re: "I played on several teams and the New York Giants is by far the best franchise I ever played for"

The Giants are the only team that doesn't give the kickers atomic wedgies
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: "I played on several teams and the New York Giants is by far the best franchise I ever played for"

It was great seeing him and Feagles showing the young guys how it's done.
    I think they both made the Pro Bowl that year? I know Carney did, but I can't remember if Feagles did as well.

Anyway, for someone who played for as long a time, and for as many teams as he did, that's a pretty cool thing to hear. Where did he say it?

All-Pro

[quote user="Flip Empty"]I think they both made the Pro Bowl that year? I know Carney did, but I can't remember if Feagles did as well.

[/quote]

???

All-Pro

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"][quote user="Flip Empty"]I think they both made the Pro Bowl that year? I know Carney did, but I can't remember if Feagles did as well. [/quote] ???[/quote]

2008:

Carney was 35 of 38 for FGs and 2 were blocked. 38 of 38 in XPs. Age 43

Feagles averaged 44.0 yards a punt, 2nd best in career (1997 he averaged 44.3), and had a career best 40.2 net yards, which I believe led the NFL. 23 of 64 punts were inside the 20, which is a great %. Age 42

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"][quote user="Flip Empty"]I think they both made the Pro Bowl that year? I know Carney did, but I can't remember if Feagles did as well.

[/quote]

???[/quote]
    What do you mean?

Yes, they both made it in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Pro_Bowl

And just yesterday idiots were complaining on the NYG Facebook page that Weatherford signed a multi-year deal, but they couldn't figure out why we couldn't sign Manningham.

"Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Morten Andersen said the same in his book... Actually he dedicated an entire chapter to the giants calling it "The New York Giants - a classy organisation"
    He explains how everything is dealt with professionally and how the owners are truly dedicated (he mentions Wellington). I don't remember everything but I'll see if I can find it

All-Pro

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="nygfanmaybe"][quote user="Flip Empty"]I think they both made the Pro Bowl that year? I know Carney did, but I can't remember if Feagles did as well.

[/quote]

???[/quote]
    What do you mean?

Yes, they both made it in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Pro_Bowl[/quote]

Sorry, my bad...for some reason I thought you were talking about last year.