+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marvin Austin taking Starter Snaps in Denver

Marvin Austin Making A Name For Himself At Training Camp

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/08/0...training-camp/

Looks like Denvers line is gonna be soft in the middle

Good for him

So that's what the third ex giant resurfacing on another team. We heard about Barden signing on with the Jags and last week we heard about Ojomo trying out with the cowboys.

Let's be odds makers. I say one of the three make their respective teams & two get cut. I'm going with Barden being buried Deep on the jags D. Chart and hardly every seeing the field. The other two become camp casualties and are released
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    So that's what the third ex giant resurfacing on another team. We heard about Barden signing on with the Jags and last week we heard about Ojomo trying out with the cowboys.

Let's be odds makers. I say one of the three make their respective teams & two get cut. I'm going with Barden being buried Deep on the jags D. Chart and hardly every seeing the field. The other two become camp casualties and are released
    Austin's on his third team since leaving the Giants; Barden's on his second and Ojomo is on his fifth. The odds are definitely stacked against them.

What other WR's they have in jacksonville? Blackmons gone, Allen Robinson is currenlty hurt, that leaves Marques Lee and Shorts, can't name anyone else off the top of my head. I bet Barden sticks around just because of the lack of talent.

I actually see Barden the heavy favorite. The Jags WRs, Blackmon and Sanders, suspended. Then Robinson and Lee are Rookies. Shorts is the only option as a vet. Barden could be a starter there.

Well we will see
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Im not sure if anyne read the article but

He underwent surgery to remove a herniated disc in his lower back and to take out part of the vertebral arch in order to decompress the corresponding spinal cord or spinal nerve root. The surgeon also “took out some of the bone in my spine to open up my spinal canal because I was born with a little bit of stenosis,” Austin said.
    “I feel 10 million times better now,” he said.
    He said his surgeon told him his back was in such bad shape it’s a wonder he wasn’t paralyzed. “And I played with that for two years,”

Austin was very talented but he was pretty much doomed when he got hurt his rookie year making it 2 seasons without playing. I thought last training camp he looked like he was coming on some and was hoping we would hang on 1 more season to him. I hope he does well in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im not sure if anyne read the article but

He underwent surgery to remove a herniated disc in his lower back and to take out part of the vertebral arch in order to decompress the corresponding spinal cord or spinal nerve root. The surgeon also “took out some of the bone in my spine to open up my spinal canal because I was born with a little bit of stenosis,” Austin said.
    “I feel 10 million times better now,” he said.
    He said his surgeon told him his back was in such bad shape it’s a wonder he wasn’t paralyzed. “And I played with that for two years,”

Austin was very talented but he was pretty much doomed when he got hurt his rookie year making it 2 seasons without playing. I thought last training camp he looked like he was coming on some and was hoping we would hang on 1 more season to him. I hope he does well in Denver
    Did they do any surgery on his work ethic or his lazy bone?