+ Reply to Thread
Page 4869 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 38694369476948194859486748684869487048714879491949695369 ... LastLast
Results 48,681 to 48,690 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/.../the-andy-reid

made me spit coffee all over my keyboard

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]LOL...this one:

[/quote]
    That is the one. I love it. Now if it can only turn out like the Yanks did. That is what I was sayin AG. lol

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]LOL...this one:

We should all use it!

[/quote]

Remember when everyone was on the ledge earlier this season when it came to the Yankees? lol....
    [/quote]

OMG...I swear.
    Various ledges were filled with Yankee fans ready to jump....lol

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]LOL...this one:

[/quote]
    That is the one. I love it. Now if it can only turn out like the Yanks did. That is what I was sayin AG. lol
    [/quote]

Yeah I like that animated gif, too funny....I was looking back just now earlier this year what people were saying about the Yanks, I was LOL....

It's going to be a fun off season to see who we pick up, who we keep, and how they can make the team even better for the repeat....

I wonder if Phil Hughes / Joba are going to be 100% full time starters now?

I expect Wang to be in the rotation. I am positive he's going to have a great year 19 game winning season.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]LOL...this one:

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Yeah I like that animated gif, too funny....I was looking back just now earlier this year what people were saying about the Yanks, I was LOL....

It's going to be a fun off season to see who we pick up, who we keep, and how they can make the team even better for the repeat....

I wonder if Phil Hughes / Joba are going to be 100% full time starters now?

I expect Wang to be in the rotation. I am positive he's going to have a great year 19 game winning season.

[/quote]

I looked and got a giggle.
    I'm sure 2010 will be filled w/ even more over-reactions....panic...and screams to fire everyone and their mother. [:P]

I don't think Wang is gonna be back w/ the Yankees to be honest, unless he comes back cheap.

I think it may be
    CC
    AJ
    ANDY/or maybe they try and get Lackey(and he would be #2)
    Joba
    Hughes

W/ Mitre, Kennedy, Gaudin and Wang(if they do sign him...he won't be ready till May I think)

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

I looked and got a giggle.
    I'm sure 2010 will be more over-reactions....panic...and screams to fire everyone and their mother. [:P]

I don't think Wang is gonna be back w/ the Yankees to be honest, unless he comes back cheap.

I think it may be
    CC
    AJ
    ANDY/or maybe they try and get Lackey(and he would be #2)
    Joba
    Hughes

W/ Mitre, Kennedy, Gaudin and Wang(if they do sign him...he won't be ready till May I think)
    [/quote]

Wang already is paid cheaply! It wouldn't be a horrible loss though if he didn't come back. We obviously won without him.
    Lackey would be a very good pick up. I don't know if Andy has enough left to go a full long season next year. He might make a fuss again about his contract?

Do you think Po is going to DH next season?

Did you know that Mo was hurt in the postseason but didn't tell anyone? Not even Joe G...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
    Wang already is paid cheaply! It wouldn't be a horrible loss though if he didn't come back. We obviously won without him.
    Lackey would be a very good pick up. I don't know if Andy has enough left to go a full long season next year. He might make a fuss again about his contract?

Did you know that Mo was hurt in the postseason but didn't tell anyone? Not even Joe G...

[/quote]

I like Wang and I do hope he comes back and your right, he is already paid nothing when compared to some other players.

Here's what Sherman had to say about Wang:

The Yanks intend to bring back both Mitre and Chad Gaudin, they
    think Kennedy will be at full strength in spring training after ending
    well and going to the Arizona Fall League, and their initial plan is to
    ask Aceves, Chamberlain and Hughes to come to spring ready to be
    starters. As for Wang, the Yanks almost certainly will not tender him a
    contract, which would cost $5 million at the least.
    </p>

But there is belief in the industry that Wang makes a lot of money
    back in Taiwan due to his association with the Yankees. Therefore, Wang
    would probably be more amenable to signing a contract with the Yanks
    for a low base, say about $1 million, with incentives than any other
    team. The Yanks still have to give Wang an offseason physical to
    determine his status, but the initial read is that he would not be back
    in the majors after shoulder surgery before next May.
    </p>

I think we will see Po more at the DH..

Mo is just not human...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]

I like Wang and I do hope he comes back and your right, he is already paid nothing when compared to some other players.

Here's what Sherman had to say about Wang:

The Yanks intend to bring back both Mitre and Chad Gaudin, they
    think Kennedy will be at full strength in spring training after ending
    well and going to the Arizona Fall League, and their initial plan is to
    ask Aceves, Chamberlain and Hughes to come to spring ready to be
    starters. As for Wang, the Yanks almost certainly will not tender him a
    contract, which would cost $5 million at the least.
    </p>

But there is belief in the industry that Wang makes a lot of money
    back in Taiwan due to his association with the Yankees. Therefore, Wang
    would probably be more amenable to signing a contract with the Yanks
    for a low base, say about $1 million, with incentives than any other
    team. The Yanks still have to give Wang an offseason physical to
    determine his status, but the initial read is that he would not be back
    in the majors after shoulder surgery before next May.
    </p>

I think we will see Po more at the DH..

Mo is just not human...
    [/quote]

Ok I'm wrong. That doesn't sound good at all for Wang. If I were him, I would just wait it out, and maybe sign with another team after May. I wouldn't take a payday of $1million. Maybe go to the Dodgers or something and pitch for Torre again.

I'm not sure the Yanks would know what to do with him now if he even did resign, where would they put him, especially if they go after Lackey.

Oh wow! Jeter and Tex just won gold gloves yay!!!

call me crazy...but we know Chien was already being low-balled on his pay....I think he deserves one more Season to make or break his career.

remember a season ago? Jeter was gimpy, hitting into all those DP's especially with RISP?

Now this year he wins a Golden Glove and was an OBVIOUS Yankees team MVP...

Besides Wang I hope we shore up our bullpen and find a true day 5 starter.

example:
    Randy Wolf (LAD) is a free-agent, same with Fernando Rodney (DET) a closer....but how about him as a Reliever?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]call me crazy...but we know Chien was already being low-balled on his pay....I think he deserves one more Season to make or break his career.

remember a season ago? Jeter was gimpy, hitting into all those DP's especially with RISP?

Now this year he wins a Golden Glove and was an OBVIOUS Yankees team MVP...

Besides Wang I hope we shore up our bullpen and find a true day 5 starter.

example:
    Randy Wolf (LAD) is a free-agent, same with Fernando Rodney (DET) a closer....but how about him as a Reliever?
    [/quote]

Wang has always been lowballed. When he first came up, I think he was making under $400K. He never really made that much money with the Yanks and other than this season, and his foot injury last season, he pitched really well with his power sinker.
    Compare his contract to others like Pavano, Wright, Igawa and you'll see how lopsided it is.

They should give him another shot but it is a business and if it doesn't make business sense, then they won't bring him back.

I'm not sure who's FA on the market but I do hope we figure out what we do with Damon and Matsui.
    I know they want to go younger, I hope the replacements can be just as clutch and won't disappear under pressure in the postseason...

+ Reply to Thread