+ Reply to Thread
Page 4870 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 38704370477048204860486848694870487148724880492049705370 ... LastLast
Results 48,691 to 48,700 of 55172

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

I think Matsui is gone..........At least if he does go , he finally got his ring and he put a new meaning to "going out on top" would'nt be shocked to to see Damon return though. He can still contribute both ways even if he makes us hold our breath when he's in the outfield lol

The Yankees were hoping all the joy associated with being a champion Yankee would motivate Johnny Damon to accept a one- or, at the most, two-year deal to return.
    However, his representative, Scott Boras, flushed the notion of a hometown bargain. Instead, he compared his client to Derek Jeter
    and sounded as if he wants a three- or four-year deal for Damon.
    Damon has just concluded a four-year deal worth $13 million per year,
    and generally Boras does not want his clients to take pay cuts. If that
    is indeed the case, then the Yankees and Damon are heading for divorce.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]The Yankees were hoping all the joy associated with being a champion Yankee would motivate Johnny Damon to accept a one- or, at the most, two-year deal to return.
    However, his representative, Scott Boras, flushed the notion of a hometown bargain. Instead, he compared his client to Derek Jeter
    and sounded as if he wants a three- or four-year deal for Damon.
    Damon has just concluded a four-year deal worth $13 million per year,
    and generally Boras does not want his clients to take pay cuts. If that
    is indeed the case, then the Yankees and Damon are heading for divorce.[/quote]

This is what I don't understand from players. Damon has more than enough money that it shouldn't even be a factor anymore. At his AGE, it should be about getting as many chances at the world series as possible. Of course that's my opinion, maybe Damon is all about money.

Think about the logic, a 2 year deal would be perfect considering he's teetering off on his productivity. It gives him 2 solid years to get back to the world series and end his career with WS rings from both Yankees and Redsox. Then after 2 years, if he wants to be like Emmitt Smith and other ailing athletes and join teams just for some extra money, then by all means go for it. I honestly think Damon still has 2 decent years left in him. Play for the Yankees! Don't waste your last 2 years on a mediocre team...

[quote user="SEC105"]I think Matsui is gone..........At least if he does go , he finally got his ring and he put a new meaning to "going out on top" would'nt be shocked to to see Damon return though. He can still contribute both ways even if he makes us hold our breath when he's in the outfield lol[/quote]

He probably will be gone, especially after all the excitement is gone. He would be one of the best examples of going out on top so it really wouldn't be too bad. He seems like a geniunely good guy and I'm glad he was a MAJOR part of winning the world series. Not just a guy on the roster inheriting it, he can actually say he was part of it and that MVP award proves that.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]The Yankees were hoping all the joy associated with being a champion Yankee would motivate Johnny Damon to accept a one- or, at the most, two-year deal to return. However, his representative, Scott Boras, flushed the notion of a hometown bargain. Instead, he compared his client to Derek Jeter and sounded as if he wants a three- or four-year deal for Damon. Damon has just concluded a four-year deal worth $13 million per year, and generally Boras does not want his clients to take pay cuts. If that is indeed the case, then the Yankees and Damon are heading for divorce.[/quote]</P>

Boras doesn't want his clients to take pay cuts cause its a pay cutfor him.................which in my book is a direct conflict of interest on his clients behalf.....he's a jerk He should be asking whats BEST for his client , that will never happenimo</P>

Boras is to Baseball what Rosenhaus is to Football.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]I think Matsui is gone..........At least if he does go , he finally got his ring and he put a new meaning to "going out on top" would'nt be shocked to to see Damon return though. He can still contribute both ways even if he makes us hold our breath when he's in the outfield lol[/quote]

He probably will be gone, especially after all the excitement is gone. He would be one of the best examples of going out on top so it really wouldn't be too bad. He seems like a geniunely good guy and I'm glad he was a MAJOR part of winning the world series. Not just a guy on the roster inheriting it, he can actually say he was part of it and that MVP award proves that.
    [/quote]</P>

Cashman has proven he holds no sentimental ties to any player , ask Bernie. That's good for the Yankees imho but is somewhat tough on the fans at times. If Matsui does not come back he will always have my respect.......any man that apologises for getting injured [remember when he tore up his wrist] is A OK in my book No matter what happens , he willalways be a true Yankee and he EARNED it I was happy for him also this year</P>

[quote user="SEC105"] If Matsui does not come back he will always have my respect.......any man that apologises for getting injured [remember when he tore up his wrist] is A OK in my book No matter what happens , he willalways be a true Yankee and he EARNED it I was happy for him also this year[/quote]

echo my sentiments exactly...some know that i have been on his bandwagon for quite some time.

last year, when he was hurt, I read this autobiography of him:
    <h1 class="parseasinTitle"><font size="3"><span id="btAsinTitle" style="">Hideki Matsui: Sportsmanship, Modesty, and the Art of the Home Run</span></font></h1>now, honestly, it was written by a Japanese writer who may be accused of idol worship, BUT, i rather enjoyed the book and came away with the understanding of just how important he and Ichiro Suzuki really are to the Japanese Sports Fan.

<table class="productImageGrid" width="240" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="100%"><table style="text-align: center;" width="240" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td id="prodImageCell" width="240" height="180">
    </td></tr><tr><td class="tiny">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="100%">
    </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="100%">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

so I was traveling today and ended up at a small town ... poulation around 20,000. So I always have to go to the cemetaph on November 11, or at least watch the national Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa on TV if it's lousy weather.
    So here I am coming into this town at 10:40...knowing the ceremony is at 11 am so I park and walk to the cemetaph and there has to be 2,000 people there...I was shocked...well pleasantly shocked at the turnout. So I had a busy day so after the Last Post and the 2 minute silence I went on my way as they started laying wreaths.
    Now it's just past 11:30 and I'm pulling into an even smaller town population 2,500 and there had to be 600-1000 people out for their ceremony.
    Maybe the nice weather had some part in it but I was so Proud to see such a diverse cross section of people out today paying repects for our fallen.

LEST WE FORGET

[quote user="bansaw"]so I was traveling today and ended up at a small town ... poulation around 20,000. So I always have to go to the cemetaph on November 11, or at least watch the national Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa on TV if it's lousy weather.
    So here I am coming into this town at 10:40...knowing the ceremony is at 11 am so I park and walk to the cemetaph and there has to be 2,000 people there...I was shocked...well pleasantly shocked at the turnout. So I had a busy day so after the Last Post and the 2 minute silence I went on my way as they started laying wreaths.
    Now it's just past 11:30 and I'm pulling into an even smaller town population 2,500 and there had to be 600-1000 people out for their ceremony.
    Maybe the nice weather had some part in it but I was so Proud to see such a diverse cross section of people out today paying repects for our fallen.

LEST WE FORGET

[/quote]</P>

That's pleasantly surprising, and encouraging.</P>

Would you venture to guess at an age distribution? I'd be really encouraged to hear that there was a significant &lt; 30 showing.</P>

</P>

+ Reply to Thread