+ Reply to Thread
Page 4874 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 38744374477448244864487248734874487548764884492449745374 ... LastLast
Results 48,731 to 48,740 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]Man are the Japanese strange... or is it Genius?

LINK
    [/quote]lol

I'd help her find her ball in the woods []

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="TooEasy"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="TooEasy"][quote user="bansaw"]golf simulator eh?

Zim, you should see what happens when a Canadian soldier's body comes back from Afghanistan

They land at CFB Trenton and the family has their time, then they have a procession along the 401(major highway) 50 miles to the coroner in Toronto. There are dozens of people on every overpass along the route. Its a great site, I've driven a few times and seen it first hand, even the cars honking as the hearst goes by the other side. The government did that part of this whole mess right imo. They even renamed that stretch of the 401 the Highway of Heros...but to see every overpass with people and flags, and the firetrucks with the ladders raised and big Canada flags waving must make the families feel a little bit better on that day. 135 times so far......
    [/quote]

I'm a Navy guy - really Canada does a great job on Remembrance Day

It's always a great day for me. Ceremony is always good to be a part of and spending the day with the vets is always great.

Our Highway of heroes actually made the American national news last year. Theres lots of videos on YouTube for those who wanna check it out.
    [/quote]
    What did you do, or do you do in the Navy, I was in for 16 years.
    [/quote]

Just FYI I am Canadian -

But to answer your question, I'm an officer. 4 types of naval officers in Canada: Combat systems engineer, marine systems engineer, logistics, and Marine Surface/Sub-Surface (MARS). I'm MARS.

I'm new and don't have my watch ticket yet, but I'm hoping to eventually be a navigator or clearance diver.

Did 2 years Army Reserve before I switched full-time to go Navy.
    [/quote]So I gather your MARS are like the USN line officers? Only line officers can command a combat ship, squadron, submarine. I was a LCDR (actually selected Commander) when I got out.
    [/quote]

Yeah that's the idea, MARS are the fellas that get command.

Basically emcompasses all the jobs that aren't covered by engineers and the Log O.

From everything I've heard the career path of an officer in the USN is quite different than here. We had a couple of ROTC kids with us doing a summer exchange and they were saying kinda what they were planning to do and how things were going to shake out for them as they continued and then finished university.

Heheh they all wanna be pilots. Only airforce guys can fly up here.

hard to land planes on a frigate (my Canadian Navy joke)

So how did the browns get a MNF game last night? What an awful game.....complete opposite of SNF's game. LOL....

Here's the FY09 military pay table not quite 10K a year

http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/mili...yPayTables.pdf

So the bottom would be 16K a year and with dependents 7K in housing, which (scary thought here) better than what a regional airline pilot starts off at.

[quote user="AsianGiant"]So how did the browns get a MNF game. What an awful game.....
    [/quote]
    The last time the Browns won a home game is when they beat us on MNF. That seems soooo long ago.

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="AsianGiant"]So how did the browns get a MNF game. What an awful game.....
    [/quote]
    The last time the Browns won a home game is when they beat us on MNF. That seems soooo long ago.
    [/quote]</P>

didn't they have a MNF'er against Buffalo last year too.. i wonder what the ratings for last nights game were </P>

Veteran

[quote user="bansaw"]hard to land planes on a frigate (my Canadian Navy joke)

[/quote]

Lol we got choppers though. Soon new ones too.

The frigates are actually the best thing we got going.

The destroyers are awful, and the tankers are very old (not a bad posting tho, lots of space!).

And we're not going to talk about the submarines.

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]Here's the FY09 military pay table not quite 10K a year

http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/mili...yPayTables.pdf

So the bottom would be 16K a year and with dependents 7K in housing, which (scary thought here) better than what a regional airline pilot starts off at.
    [/quote]

That is one complicated pay table.

That's sad you guys get an allowance for uniform, we don't pay for it and we get points every year to spend on replacement items if you need to.

Only thing we pay for work related is rations and quarters, unless you being sent out of area (temporary duty) then that's covered too.

Canadian Forces Pay Scales
    <a href="http://www.forces.ca/html/index.aspx?m=0&amp;lang=en&amp;sid=236&amp;sm1=2&a mp;sm2=3&amp;sm3=0&amp;tab=5">
    http://www.forces.ca/html/index.aspx?m=0&amp;lang=en&amp;sid=236&amp;sm1=2&a mp;sm2=3&amp;sm3=0&amp;tab=5</a>

Officers get one initial ration and the rest is out of your pocket, Enlisted get the uniform allowance. And in the Navy, there are a butt ton of uniforms.

+ Reply to Thread