+ Reply to Thread
Page 4884 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 38844384478448344874488248834884488548864894493449845384 ... LastLast
Results 48,831 to 48,840 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone!

Wow....this team is bad...sad
    [/quote]

They just looked very lifeless, no urgency. Now Osi on the sidelines was good to see all fired up.

Also, they only had 4 days rest but still, they were shut out in the 1st half? Come on!!

The bronco's weren't all that. They were very beatable......but their defense was stellar last night though I have to give them that....I'm not afraid of Orton one bit.....
    [/quote]

Nice that Osi was fired up....but that does nothing for me. He needs to start screaming at himself too, cuz he's not doing much. [:P]

I still can't believe they lost to the Broncos last night...what a bad game all around

If they lose to Dallas, it'll be time to call the funeral home...[]

AG I think this dude needs avatar help from ya:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/1569863/ShowThread.aspx#1569863

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]AG I think this dude needs avatar help from ya:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/1569863/ShowThread.aspx#1569863
    [/quote]

Thanks, he's all set.

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

heh AG that sure was rough to watch. but i think we walked into a
    buzsaw they were a desperate team (not that we are not) but everything
    lined up for them.. i don't view this the same way i view the 4 losses
    in a row.. </p>

short week against a team we don't really know with confusing zone
    schemes..plus you add in traveling.. and vs a desperate for a win team.</p>

i'm writing this one off. next week is the tell imo. </p>[/quote]

You kept waiting for something to happen and it didn't. When Thomas got that interception, I knew right away that he HAD to score a TD, otherwise we would have to settle for a field goal. And that's what happened. If we can't get up for next weeks game FULLY rested, then it is truly over. Our next 2 games are crucial considering they are divisional games. We really need to win BOTH of them to get ourselves back in the front...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

Nice that Osi was fired up....but that does nothing for me. He needs to start screaming at himself too, cuz he's not doing much. [:P]

I still can't believe they lost to the Broncos last night...what a bad game all around

[/quote]

I think he's had 7 sacks so far? He's been pretty silent all season. We're not hearing Osi's name as much as we used to. As I said earlier, our season is either completely over in 2 weeks or we can be in the front in 2 weeks. Win against both Dallas/Philly and we're back in the mix. Lose both and it's over, and that's unacceptable at HOME.
    We're the desperate team now and have an advantage playing at home. I don't know what it's going to take to get BJ on track, but he sure shouldn't be used for short yardage situations, at least not without a blocker....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

heh AG that sure was rough to watch. but i think we walked into a
    buzsaw they were a desperate team (not that we are not) but everything
    lined up for them.. i don't view this the same way i view the 4 losses
    in a row.. </p>

short week against a team we don't really know with confusing zone
    schemes..plus you add in traveling.. and vs a desperate for a win team.</p>

i'm writing this one off. next week is the tell imo. </p>[/quote]

You kept waiting for something to happen and it didn't. When Thomas got that interception, I knew right away that he HAD to score a TD, otherwise we would have to settle for a field goal. And that's what happened. If we can't get up for next weeks game FULLY rested, then it is truly over. Our next 2 games are crucial considering they are divisional games. We really need to win BOTH of them to get ourselves back in the front...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

[/quote]

I think he's had 7 sacks so far? He's been pretty silent all season. We're not hearing Osi's name as much as we used to. As I said earlier, our season is either completely over in 2 weeks or we can be in the front in 2 weeks. Win against both Dallas/Philly and we're back in the mix. Lose both and it's over, and that's unacceptable at HOME.
    We're the desperate team now and have an advantage playing at home. I don't know what it's going to take to get BJ on track, but he sure shouldn't be used for short yardage situations, at least not without a blocker....

[/quote]

Osi really has been kinda invisible this season. To be fair though, coming back from his injury....it's gonna take time for him to "be back".

This next game vs. the Cowboys is HUUUUGE....
    All I'm picturing is Romo to Austin lighting up our D

I imagine we are going to do some of the same playcalling. Jacobs on the end, pass 3/4s of the game, and an impotent defense. I think this year really shows what a great D playcaller the little man was last year. Next two games are critical.

Anyone notice the irony?

There was a time when teams stacked the line because they believed Eli couldn't beat them...thus giving up the pass plays.

Denver dropped 8 into pass coverage because they KNEW Eli could beat
    them BUT our Running game is so bad they dared us to beat them via the
    Run.

So in a way, Eli's finally getting his respect...

that said, as JG21 wrote, this team is sad....i know most of you here HATE the fire this guy or that guy thing but;

we need NEW Co-Ordinators. on either side of the ball. period.

My Draft Wish List:
    RB (we need that 3-headed monster look again), OL, OLB (MUST be Athletic with a Motor), NT/NG big Shaun Rogers type.

the linemen (D &amp; O) and LBs in multiples by the way...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Anyone notice the irony?

There was a time when teams stacked the line because they believed Eli couldn't beat them...thus giving up the pass plays.

Denver dropped 8 into pass coverage because they KNEW Eli could beat them BUT our Running game is so bad they dared us to beat them via the Run.

So in a way, Eli's finally getting his respect...

that said, as JG21 wrote, this team is sad....i know most of you here HATE the fire this guy or that guy thing but;

we need NEW Co-Ordinators. on either side of the ball. period.

My Draft Wish List:
    RB (we need that 3-headed monster look again), OL, OLB (MUST be Athletic with a Motor), NT/NG big Shaun Rogers type.

the linemen (D &amp; O) and LBs in multiples by the way...

[/quote]</P>

Pretty much agree with you her, GY76.</P>

There's something missing in the heart of our team this year. </P>

When they posted 12-4 last year, I think we all thought this was a really special team, and with our youth and depth, that would stay there for a long time. Even after the Eagles loss in the playoffs, we were all confident, with the only question mark being the WR's.</P>

So, what needs shaking?</P>

I don't think it's Coughlin, although he ultimately is responsible for his OC and DC. And, I won't say it is definitley Sheridan or Gilbride because execution oon both sides of the ball is poor. But, they are the ones who are also responsible for motivating their guys to play, like LT's 'crazed dogs. You can tell when football players play all out... and, we are not doing it week after week. But, maybe it's the schemes, too, that they just aren't confidant in... and this comes from Gilbride and Sheridan. I'd be happy to see one, or both go.</P>

How do you explian the inability of this OL to create the same kind of holes that we've become accustomed to these past 3 years? That, to me, is the most baffling. You can critize Jacobs, but only a blind man, with no memory, could miss the lack of nice, initial holes that Jacobs was used to in past years. Thursday night I saw David Diehl play like a lost rookie. How does that happen? </P>

The tree needs some shaking.</P>

I'd put the need for a stud LB as a top choice.... first round. Someone with attitude. I don't know yet howmuch effect Boley and Sintim will have on the LB corp... maybe they'll bring some 'tude to the group. But, another young stud would surely be welcome. I like our LB's, they are all OK is how I'd put it. But, we need a Carson, Taylor, Van Pelt, Banks, Pepper type guy in the mix. A Dominant LB with attitude, results, and pride in the Giant LB legacy. Not one of our current guys can even be considered as solid as Reason's was... and poor, underappreciated Reasons was only the 4th best on our squad back then. He'd definitely be our best on today's squad.</P>

I think we have a good nucleus of RB's, with BJ, AB, Ware, and a promising Brown back from IR. I wouldn't pick another RB before the 3rd or 4th rounds. I'd rather go OL 2nd, or another 1st to get a stud for our future. :Probably someone to take over for Mckenzie, cuz I think he's breaking down a bit... signs that he might only have 1 or 2 more seasons in him. I hope I'm wrong.</P>

Finally, I don't think it's Coughlin, and I wouldn't be unhappy to see him return next year, WITH a new OC and DC. But, I sure would like to see ourfuture HC being Cowher. From known, availablequantities, my 2nd choice would be Gruden.</P>

</P>

I'd love a defensive minded former HC as our DC...kind of like Dom Capers in GB...

if, if SF got ticked and let Singletary go...man would I love him here (there, NY).

I mean some ingredient is missing from the soup.

You guys realize that statistically Eli is having one of his best seasons so far? So it figures that his foot injury would potentially do him in....

This year is on life-support....we might see 8-8 but...

lastly, with the next 3 games being what they are; THIS would be the occasions for the Jints to not only shake the crappies but surge from behind and TAKE the East.

all the bandwagoners would return with fury!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

IMHO, we miss spags, and Killdrive sucks something awful. How many games were we throwing the deep ball on 3rd and short? Why is BJ running sweeps? Where is Boss? Our LBrs lack athleticism, but more than that we are really missing Kenny Phillips and Butler. I agree with getting rid of Butler with Kenny there, but now Kenny is gone, and our secondary is hurting. I don't know if our line just got old and slow in the past year, but something isn't right.

+ Reply to Thread