+ Reply to Thread
Page 4926 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 39264426482648764916492449254926492749284936497650265426 ... LastLast
Results 49,251 to 49,260 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

It's Weird that things have seemedto be not the same since Plax popped that cap into his leg</p>[/quote]
    Not sure the exact record but we are under .500

I think we are 10-12 since that horrible Saturday.

Also as we know. At least 5 of those wins came against horrible teams. How sad!!!

Steve Smith and Nicks will be great for years to come however. Not all bad came out of this.

I honestly hope Plax gets another chance to wear Giants blue.

[quote user="zimonami"]If it's true, we didn't get much for our money.

[/quote]</p>

It looks like a basic stadium. We could have done something cool architecturaly. Everyone says the Cowboys Stadium looks like a spaceship or something. I guess it's a place to play football and that is pretty much it. I don't remember if this was the thread we talked about it in or not but I hate the gray seats also. I liked the color of the red from the top of the stadium. It just looks bland.
    </p>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]If they call it Meadowlands Stadium, that's lame.

No matter what corporate moniker gets stuck on it... I'll always call it Giants Stadium
    [/quote]

As long as the Giants continue to bring home the Lombardi home, it will be "Giants" stadium, as we would be the team to own the pride and glory.
    [/quote]</P>

I have a feeling it's always going to be called Giants Stadium by all Giant Fans and most Jet Fans. [no matter what coporate name they give it] It's just so ingrained in almost everyones mind........I still call the place where the Devils play [across the highway from Giants Stadium ] the Brendan Byrne Arena.......guess I'm too "old school" lol</P>

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="zimonami"]If it's true, we didn't get much for our money.

[/quote]</p>

It looks like a basic stadium. We could have done something cool architecturaly. Everyone says the Cowboys Stadium looks like a spaceship or something. I guess it's a place to play football and that is pretty much it. I don't remember if this was the thread we talked about it in or not but I hate the gray seats also. I liked the color of the red from the top of the stadium. It just looks bland.
    </p>[/quote]

I agree completely. We have gotten ripped off. It's a boring gray bland stadium, it has NO personality at all. Hard to get very excited about it I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I like having new stuff, so it will be fun to enjoy a new stadium, but it doesn't have the red/blue personality of the current stadium...

[quote user="SEC105"]

guess I'm too "old school" lol</p>[/quote]
    Wise []

I wish they would do the endzone like this again also...

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="zimonami"]If it's true, we didn't get much for our money.

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]

I agree completely. We have gotten ripped off. It's a boring gray bland stadium, it has NO personality at all. Hard to get very excited about it I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I like having new stuff, so it will be fun to enjoy a new stadium, but it doesn't have the red/blue personality of the current stadium...
    [/quote]</P>

The color of those seats is a big turnoff.............the least they could have done was have bright red and green seats to Christmas looking for the designers? </P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]If they call it Meadowlands Stadium, that's lame.

No matter what corporate moniker gets stuck on it... I'll always call it Giants Stadium
    [/quote]

As long as the Giants continue to bring home the Lombardi home, it will be "Giants" stadium, as we would be the team to own the pride and glory.
    [/quote]</p>

I have a feeling it's always going to be called Giants Stadium by all Giant Fans and most Jet Fans. [no matter what coporate name they give it] It's just so ingrained in almost everyones mind........I still call the place where the Devils play [across the highway from Giants Stadium ] the Brendan Byrne Arena.......guess I'm too "old school" lol</p>[/quote]

For us it's Giants stadium but later generations it unfortunatley won't be. Kinda like the Sears tower in Chicago. It's called something else now but there's no way anyones calling it but Sears Tower. But 2-3 generations removed, people will call it whatever it's called now.

If the Giants can win 2-3 Lombardi's in that statement, we will have bragging rights. We'll all know as fans, who "owns" that stadium.

Love or Hate the Yankees, the owners have too much pride to call it anything but Yankee Stadium. In today's world, that's unique now to have your stadium the same name as your team.

Now that I think about it, is there ANY other stadium in NFL or MLB that has the same name as the team?

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Love or Hate the Yankees, the owners have too much pride to call it anything but Yankee Stadium. In today's world, that's unique now to have your stadium the same name as your team.

Now that I think about it, is there ANY other stadium in NFL or MLB that has the same name as the team?

[/quote]
    Just to play Devil's Advocate:

The Yankees probably keep that name because they don't need the money that they would get for the rights. I think that plays somewhat of a part in it but I see where you are coming from.

Cowboys Stadium is what it has been called, but no one will pay for the rights to name it. That will change eventually I am sure.

<p class="MsoNormal">
    <span>Recently,
    27-year-old Kong Lin of Putian, China decided it would be a GOOD
    idea to use a pair of four-inch nail scissors . . . to pick some
    food out of his teeth after eating. But while he was using the
    scissors as a toothpick, one of Kong's friends told a joke and
    he started laughing . . . which caused him to accidentally
    SWALLOW the scissors. According to his doctor, quote, "When
    [Kong] came in, his face was twisted, pale, and sweating. [He]
    was having difficulty swallowing, and blood was mixed with his
    saliva. "The entire surgery took around 30 minutes. Luckily Mr.
    Lin does not have much of a wound left inside his throat."
    </span></p>
    <p class="MsoBodyText" align="center">
    </p>

+ Reply to Thread