+ Reply to Thread
Page 4967 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 39674467486749174957496549664967496849694977501750675467 ... LastLast
Results 49,661 to 49,670 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

It would be cool to something like MLKs speech in HD. With JFK , we would have even more questions imo if that was covered. I should note that Oliver Stones movie is not a favorite of mine because of the "artistic impression" he used with actual facts. He's got a whole generation believing andwatching a film he purports to be the total truth...............not exactly , many of his facts are just not facts, Just my p.o.v.</P>

On a lighter note , imagine "The Three Stooges" in HD lol</P>

[/quote]

Oliver Stone is an interesting person. You have to be careful with him because he's very very good at making documentary-type films with his own twist and people take them as fact.

It would be nice if someone can do another JFK movie based on pure facts.....I think if they caught the assassination on HD, it would actually ANSWERS some questions. It would clearly show if there were any men in the bushes, you would probably get a better view of the driver and what the heck he was doing etc etc.... But as you said, if it does answer some questions, it might open up some more questions...

Speaking of movies, I just watched "Knowing" with Nicolas Cage. Another "2012" type movie although it takes place in 2009. But it's a very interesting movie and the ending was a complete twist that I did not foresee coming. If any of you guys haven't seen it, I would watch it.....

[/quote]</P>

I think HD WOULD open even more questions about the JFK assasinantion. That coupled with fact so many people involved are now gone. One things for sure , the theories will never go away.</P>

Have not seen the movie but I did hear from friends that it's good plus Cage almostalways gives a great preformance. I gotta check it out</P>

Read Phil Mickelsons quotes on Tiger. Maybes it's time to give him a break and hope he just gets back to playing golf. He's still the bestplayer in the world and he sure has paid the price for hisactions. Other athletes have done far worse and not been hit nearly as hard as Woods</P>

[/quote]</P>

So true, SEC. Yet, none portrayed the totally Mr. Clean personna that Tiger always had... although, not of his own creation or pronouncements, but rather that put on him by an adoring press, fan base, and the PGA.</P>

Tiger has only prolonged the anticipation and anxiety as to how this will all play out by avoiding any public appearances.</P>

Tiger needs a coming out party. Maybe Hef can hold one for him, and maybe even pass the baton to him asHef slowly creeks into his George Burns years.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

It would be cool to something like MLKs speech in HD. With JFK , we would have even more questions imo if that was covered. I should note that Oliver Stones movie is not a favorite of mine because of the "artistic impression" he used with actual facts. He's got a whole generation believing andwatching a film he purports to be the total truth...............not exactly , many of his facts are just not facts, Just my p.o.v.</P>

On a lighter note , imagine "The Three Stooges" in HD lol</P>

[/quote]

Oliver Stone is an interesting person. You have to be careful with him because he's very very good at making documentary-type films with his own twist and people take them as fact.

It would be nice if someone can do another JFK movie based on pure facts.....I think if they caught the assassination on HD, it would actually ANSWERS some questions. It would clearly show if there were any men in the bushes, you would probably get a better view of the driver and what the heck he was doing etc etc.... But as you said, if it does answer some questions, it might open up some more questions...

Speaking of movies, I just watched "Knowing" with Nicolas Cage. Another "2012" type movie although it takes place in 2009. But it's a very interesting movie and the ending was a complete twist that I did not foresee coming. If any of you guys haven't seen it, I would watch it.....

[/quote]</P>

I think HD WOULD open even more questions about the JFK assasinantion. That coupled with fact so many people involved are now gone. One things for sure , the theories will never go away.</P>

Have not seen the movie but I did hear from friends that it's good plus Cage almostalways gives a great preformance. I gotta check it out</P>

Read Phil Mickelsons quotes on Tiger. Maybes it's time to give him a break and hope he just gets back to playing golf. He's still the bestplayer in the world and he sure has paid the price for hisactions. Other athletes have done far worse and not been hit nearly as hard as Woods</P>

[/quote]</P>

So true, SEC. Yet, none portrayed the totally Mr. Clean personna that Tiger always had... although, not of his own creation or pronouncements, but rather that put on him by an adoring press, fan base, and the PGA.</P>

Tiger has only prolonged the anticipation and anxiety as to how this will all play out by avoiding any public appearances.</P>

Tiger needs a coming out party. Maybe Hef can hold one for him, and maybe even pass the baton to him asHef slowly creeks into his George Burns years.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I had enough of the Tiger bashing after I saw that picture the creepy papar***i took of him in the sex clinic or whatever ya call it. Plus , it's good ot come in late on Sunday afternoons [when footballs over]and see him laying waste and scaring the rest of field out there on the links</P>

So who do guys like in the Pro Bowl?[] lol winter just seemslike it's getting longer</P>

Mike Rowe, of Dirty Jobs fame as well as multiple Narration jobs like OCC (American Chopper) and Deadliest Catch....

anyway, this guy has been cool in my book for quite some time and then I find out he has this site:

http://www.mikeroweworks.com/

which basically is in support of people like me, maybe you, specifically Skilled Labor workers....

PS
    He's an East Coaster (B-more) so you know that counts for much......

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOhKrL5DB1Y

Tracy Morgan's a damn fool

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Mike Rowe, of Dirty Jobs fame as well as multiple Narration jobs like OCC (American Chopper) and Deadliest Catch....

anyway, this guy has been cool in my book for quite some time and then I find out he has this site:

http://www.mikeroweworks.com/

which basically is in support of people like me, maybe you, specifically Skilled Labor workers....

PS
    He's an East Coaster (B-more) so you know that counts for much......
    [/quote]</P>

He's good , Mike Rowe. I 'm abig fan of "The Deadliest Catch". Not sure if I watching the right vid in the link? His Mission statement. There's alot of truth ot what he's saying but I do disagree that we don't have the ability to fix the infrastucture because of lack of skilled workers. They could do it , money is more the issue imo</P>

GY I think you mentioned you live inChicago? Just a thought but putting your name in at constuctionunion halls might be a consideration. Let them know you are a Vet</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpe8Pt-UtQw</P>

Look out Vancouver Olmpics 2010...................here comes "The Flying Tomato" a/k/a Shaun White</P>

They had him on 60 minutes last night............this kid has no fear lol</P>

I don't get this thread..........
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

[quote user="gfanblue"]I don't get this thread..........
    [/quote]</P>

It's just a wide array of Gant MB posters who frequent TAGF andwho might initiate talk about a wide array of other topics, mostly current, on almost anything... just to see how others feel about it. You might see talk on Haiti, Iraq. Afghanistan, gold prices, Lindsay Lohan, Britney, the job market, health, war, peace, personal issues, and even a little Giant's chat.</P>

It is a thread where trash talk and denigrating others simply does not exist. There is nothing but respect given, regardless of how silly a post might get. We're all adults, and behave that way on here. Keeping this a pleasant place, under control, is just one reason why it is tolerated within TAGF. If you see a posted topicthat interests you, and prompts you to respond, go to it.</P>

Asian Giant, AG, does an excellent job of interspersing his ideas, remarks, and control of sanity. He is this threads Head Coach. He is pretty dang knowledgeable on a host of topics and does a great job of keeping it all flowing day to day.</P>

</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="gfanblue"]I don't get this thread..........
    [/quote]</p>

It's just a wide array of Gant MB posters who frequent TAGF andwho might initiate talk about a wide array of other topics, mostly current, on almost anything... just to see how others feel about it. You might see talk on Haiti, Iraq. Afghanistan, gold prices, Lindsay Lohan, Britney, the job market, health, war, peace, personal issues, and even a little Giant's chat.</p>

It is a thread where trash talk and denigrating others simply does not exist. There is nothing but respect given, regardless of how silly a post might get. We're all adults, and behave that way on here. Keeping this a pleasant place, under control, is just one reason why it is tolerated within TAGF. If you see a posted topicthat interests you, and prompts you to respond, go to it.</p>

Asian Giant, AG, does an excellent job of interspersing his ideas, remarks, and control of sanity. He is this threads Head Coach. He is pretty dang knowledgeable on a host of topics and does a great job of keeping it all flowing day to day.</p>

</p>[/quote]

well wrote Zim.

As a caveat AG is also a Moderator so if any of us gets out of line he will do what needs be done.
    We are given a certain amount of leeway given the spectrum of topics that we discuss....

Remarkable because some of them are somewhat taboo, but again as Zim stated, we do our best to be mature, respectful and intelligent one to the other.

Anyone is welcome to join but just bare in mind: maturity, respect, the Golden Rule of Life sort of thing and you'll be fine.

[quote user="SEC105"]

He's good , Mike Rowe. I 'm abig fan of "The Deadliest Catch". Not sure if I watching the right vid in the link? His Mission statement. There's alot of truth ot what he's saying but I do disagree that we don't have the ability to fix the infrastucture because of lack of skilled workers. They could do it , money is more the issue imo</p>

GY I think you mentioned you live inChicago? Just a thought but putting your name in at constuctionunion halls might be a consideration. Let them know you are a Vet</p>[/quote]

I see where money may be more the issue, but there is some merit to the workforce size.
    Many of us have been laid off and things appeared grim for much of 09.

Now we see there is a slight up-tick in the economy, but nothing as of yet on the unemployment front.
    Many, like me, hope and pray that the positive growth equates to unemployment numbers leveling off then depreciating.

I for one would jump at the chance to repair a bridge or what have you but you got to get hired first.

As far as the Union Halls goes.

No lie, no joke, the Unions in Illinois are very shady. Not all, but many. I petitioned to join the IBEW downtown chicago when I was let go of my job. Haven't heard from them yet.

While going to trade school, the IBEW came to our school and basically put it down like, "If you leave school now and come work for us as apprentices you could easily be making X by "now"."

Some left. Some stayed like me because we knew that being so close to completing the course we have something solid to put on a resume'.

the IBEW laid off hundreds and one dude who was trained in EST like me ended up working as a lineman for a Telephone Co.

They laid him off 3 months before I got laid off....

Illinois is real tight right now.

+ Reply to Thread