+ Reply to Thread
Page 4981 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 39814481488149314971497949804981498249834991503150815481 ... LastLast
Results 49,801 to 49,810 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="bandwgn86"]they really should just light the torch already!!!![/quote]
    No ****, I can't believe all those people danced the whole time all those people came in.
    [/quote]have you seen the crash video... dude was travelling at 144 km an hour slammed into solid steel structure.. not sure why they showed it on the news i thought that wasn't in good taste at all[/quote]
    I have not seen it yet. Not sure I want to. Horrible design on the course by the way, who the hell puts steel beams right by the track? I am sure they thought nothing would happen but still...

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bigblue4417"]This is a little odd...
    [/quote]what is?[/quote]
    The violin thing
    [/quote]i must have missed it. atleast they got the right guy to light the torch thingy..

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="bandwgn86"]they really should just light the torch already!!!![/quote]
    No ****, I can't believe all those people danced the whole time all those people came in.
    [/quote]have you seen the crash video... dude was travelling at 144 km an hour slammed into solid steel structure.. not sure why they showed it on the news i thought that wasn't in good taste at all[/quote]
    I have not seen it yet. Not sure I want to. Horrible design on the course by the way, who the hell puts steel beams right by the track? I am sure they thought nothing would happen but still...
    [/quote]steel beams or not he wasn't going to survive..i'd imagine with our sick society that'll the most viewed venue this Olympics..

too bad that 4th beam didn'r rise. A nice torch, unique, keeping the 5 rings/Continents in play. It really looked nice at the outdoor torch wherethey allworked right.</P>

Some electricians or hydraulics peoples have red faces tonight. They'll get it fixed.</P>

</P>

I still don't have the torch lit yet. []

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="bandwgn86"]they really should just light the torch already!!!![/quote]

my wife thought it was in poor taste....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

The opening ceremony was pretty bad last night sorry to say. Some of the special effects were good but that's just about it. The singing was bad...and I didn't understand the opera part.

Have you guys noticed this olympics has a pretty bad start?

First the death, then the 4th column didn't budge.....

I think any news outlet that shows it is in poor taste, I haven't seen it and I most likely won't. It is way too sad to see....

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"]The opening ceremony was pretty bad last night sorry to say. Some of the special effects were good but that's just about it. The singing was bad...and I didn't understand the opera part.

Have you guys noticed this olympics has a pretty bad start?

First the death, then the 4th column didn't budge.....

I think any news outlet that shows it is in poor taste, I haven't seen it and I most likely won't. It is way too sad to see....
    [/quote]wasn't a fan of the ceremony (with exception of Gretz lighting the torch) but i did think the singing was great..that young girl who did the anthem has a great voice, mind you they made her sing it the wrong way but it did show off her vocals..but Nelle Furtado with Brian Adams?? thought they'd do better with Celine Dion and Adams.
    a couple of events are scheduled today..Speed Skating, Moguls and Womens hockey.. down hills been canceled till monday

haha I wasn't the only one who thought of bleeding Gums Murphy

<h3>Moment No. 1: Bleeding Gums Murphy does O Canada</h3> <span class="photo right" style="width: 133px;">Nikki
    Yanofsky sings O Canada -- the extended version.
    <em class="credit">(Harry How/Getty Images) [/i]</span>

Credit to CBC
    colleague Tony Care for the Simpsons reference. If you've seen
    that episode of the venerable cartoon, you know that Bleeding Gums
    Murphy did a soulful rendition of the U.S. national anthem before the
    Springfield Isotopes baseball team took the field.</p>

It lasted 26 minutes, while a tired-looking Simpsons clan (except for
    Lisa) tried to remain standing at attention.</p>

For a time, Nikki Yanofsky's version of O Canada early in
    the ceremony threatened to break that record.</p>

It didn't. But people standing at attention in the stands or at home
    were probably wishing they had stretched beforehand.</p>
    <div class="fullbar"> <h4>Running CoverItLive commentary:</h4>

"It is
    a NATIONAL DISGRACE to ruin this anthem for the world." — Doug</p>

"I like Nikki Yanofsky's strapless Valentino-red dress with the
    origami folds. Pitch-perfect for a 15-year-old vocal prodigy: fresh,
    young and classy. Her slo-mo schmaltzy stretched-out version of the
    Canadian national anthem? Not so much." —Nathalie Atkinson, National

"Calling it an embarrassment is a bit much. She has a lovely voice
    and did a great job." —Sheba</p>

"That was an incredibly awful rendition of O Canada. I wish
    that singers would just sing it as it is written. It is a national
    anthem, not a pop song." —Toni</p>

"…at least it wasn't Celine Dion singing it. LOL!"—ACEF</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

lol Gretzky in the back of a pickup, in the rain, for 15 minutes....reminded me of an SCTV sketch tbh
    </p> </div>

I don't care what you say...that "anthem" was an insult. Would have been WAY better if she'd just sang it and let the crowd drown her out...still can't believe how bad that was

+ Reply to Thread