+ Reply to Thread
Page 4992 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 39924492489249424982499049914992499349945002504250925492 ... LastLast
Results 49,911 to 49,920 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]LOL....it's weird right?

I didn't think we would be this strong.

No arrogance mind you, just genuine surprise.
    [/quote]i think Canada is just being a gracious host..it would be very rude of us if we hogged the medals lol [/quote]

I'll buy that. []
    [/quote]Canada would have to medal in every event left to beat you by one for overall lead.. sounds real easy to me lol[/quote]</P>

Canada could easily have more medals... especially in speed skating.* But, 9 for Canada and 24 for USA isn't bad when you consider your population is 1/10th ours.</P>

As time goes by the US will get less medals in half-pipe, moguls, etc.*... the newer events.**Other countries will catch up to the US in these events*in coming Olympics.</P>

The addition of these*facilities (I'm not sure if the intention is to keep them all) *will only make the Canadians stronger in the future.* I see where a lot of US athletes, especially from the Northwest, have been using the facilities a lot, too.</P>[/quote]this is worse than bad. its embarassing. there must be a curse on home feild.. we usually get 20 or so medals, they've finally invested money in these athletes so finishing below 20 may put an end to that in a hurry

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]So last night I'm sitting there waiting for Canada-USA hockey. They said 7pm. I'm waiting and waiting watching 2 ice dancers dressed up in little cowboy outfits on channel 4 NBC. I called a friend finally and asked what the deal was with game. Turn to CSNBC* the game started and was in the 2nd period before I realized what happened.* lol*** My fault for not*reading anything before I watch the event[/quote]

NBC has been getting major flak for the way they've been handling their programmning. I've barely seen any LIVE events even though it happens throughout the day. They don't show it till way later at night because they want the ratings. But because of Twitter and the internet, everyone already knows what the score is....

They should show it LIVE throughout the day, then at night show whever they want that they feel they'll get ratings for....

It's very hard to watch......at least they had an excuse with the Summer Olymics since China is half way around the world....

[/quote]
    Thanks AG I"m glad to know it was not just me. Again my fault for trying to view some of it without reading what was to be shown. I won't make that mistake again lol. Realize there is 3 hour time difference but thats no excuse not to show the events as they happen. It is very confusing to the average viewer. I may not understand all the rules in some of these events but we should be able to see it in real time. All about the money , as usual , when it comes to TV broadcasting

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]LOL....it's weird right?

[/quote]i think Canada is just being a gracious host..it would be very rude of us if we hogged the medals lol [/quote]

I'll buy that. []
    [/quote]Canada would have to medal in every event left to beat you by one for overall lead.. sounds real easy to me lol[/quote]</P>

Canada could easily have more medals... especially in speed skating.* But, 9 for Canada and 24 for USA isn't bad when you consider your population is 1/10th ours.</P>

As time goes by the US will get less medals in half-pipe, moguls, etc.*... the newer events.**Other countries will catch up to the US in these events*in coming Olympics.</P>

The addition of these*facilities (I'm not sure if the intention is to keep them all) *will only make the Canadians stronger in the future.* I see where a lot of US athletes, especially from the Northwest, have been using the facilities a lot, too.</P>[/quote]this is worse than bad. its embarassing. there must be a curse on home feild.. we usually get 20 or so medals, they've finally invested money in these athletes so finishing below 20 may put an end to that in a hurry[/quote]
    You still got this week to make up some ground. The hockey game last night was not a medal game. Anything can happen

On a lighter note I saw something one of my kids had mentioned [she had it somewhere and loved it] on channel 4 this morning. Pourcine ?sp looks like french fries covered with gravy and cheese. I'm quite surprised we have not picked up on that stuff down here. It would give our blooming onion rings at Applebees a run for the money lol

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="zimonami"]

I'll buy that. []

The addition of these*facilities (I'm not sure if the intention is to keep them all) *will only make the Canadians stronger in the future.* I see where a lot of US athletes, especially from the Northwest, have been using the facilities a lot, too.</P>[/quote]this is worse than bad. its embarassing. there must be a curse on home feild.. we usually get 20 or so medals, they've finally invested money in these athletes so finishing below 20 may put an end to that in a hurry[/quote]
    You still got this week to make up some ground. The hockey game last night was not a medal game. Anything can happen

On a lighter note I saw something one of my kids had mentioned [she had it somewhere and loved it] on channel 4 this morning. Pourcine ?sp looks like french fries covered with gravy and cheese. I'm quite surprised we have not picked up on that stuff down here. It would give our blooming onion rings at Applebees a run for the money lol[/quote]Poutine..the crazy frenchmen thought of that heartattack in a bowl.. i think its their masterplan to take over by clogging our artieries and overweight..lol

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="zimonami"]

I'll buy that. []

On a lighter note I saw something one of my kids had mentioned [she had it somewhere and loved it] on channel 4 this morning. Pourcine ?sp looks like french fries covered with gravy and cheese. I'm quite surprised we have not picked up on that stuff down here. It would give our blooming onion rings at Applebees a run for the money lol[/quote]Poutine..the crazy frenchmen thought of that heartattack in a bowl.. i think its their masterplan to take over by clogging our artieries and overweight..lol[/quote]
    I thought we had cornered the market on the heart attack on a plate stuff down here lol...................then I saw POUTINE!!! We may have the medals as of today but we sure have to upgrade our fine [junk food] cusine. We are lightweights with Taco Bell and Burger King etc. ha ha ha

All-Pro

maybe thats where your daughter had it, i'm pretty sure BK sells it up here.. i refuse to try it.. it looks disgusting..that and their french fries and mayonaise.. which i did try btw.. the french have a mayo fetish i think, its on everything lol

All-Pro

big surprise but its Canada vs USA for gold in Womens hockey..

[quote user="SEC105"]
    Thanks AG I"m glad to know it was not just me. Again my fault for trying to view some of it without reading what was to be shown. I won't make that mistake again lol. Realize there is 3 hour time difference but thats no excuse not to show the events as they happen. It is very confusing to the average viewer. I may not understand all the rules in some of these events but we should be able to see it in real time. All about the money , as usual , when it comes to TV broadcasting[/quote]

I get confused as well. I have a hard time telling what's happening right now and what isn't. Then when they do interviews with some of the athletes, I can't tell if that's live either.

I just don't understand what they are losing by showing it live during the day? Are you telling me that showing Judge Judy will get you more ratings than the Olympics!!??

They aren't saving anything, go to the web and you know who won, so there goes that excuse. Just show the thing live!!!

All-Pro

Looks like the Germans are creepin up in Medals.. they are at 21now

[quote user="bandwgn86"]Looks like the Germans are creepin up in
    Medals.. they are at 21now[/quote]

Yeah if we don't watch it they'll over-take us the way the "Thee
    Thread"
    overtook "AGfHC"......

come on AGfHC'ers, get in the game !!!! LOL

[quote user="bandwgn86"]big surprise but its Canada vs USA for gold in Womens hockey..[/quote]

no surprise to me, both Teams were kicking tons of *** .

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread