+ Reply to Thread
Page 5010 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 40104510491049605000500850095010501150125020506051105510 ... LastLast
Results 50,091 to 50,100 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]Speaking of hosting big events , it looks like Giants Stadium might just get the Super Bowl in 2014. After the winter we've had you have to wonder what would happen if a blizzard zeroed in on us the night before ....or worse yet the afternoon of the SB.If someone is going they better havea room in the Marriot? across the street from the Stadium......and snowshoes![][/quote]</P>

In support of their bid, the Giants have promised the services of 1,000 volunteers with blow torches, and a drainage system to handle the overflow.</P>

I went to the '86 ('87) post SBXX1 celebration at Giant stadium. The day before the area got 20" of snow dumpoed on it.Everyone wasdown on the field because you couldn't get to a seat. They plowed about 75% of the field for the crowd and the platform to hold the players. There were 8-10 ft. piles of snow where the team would normally be standing. The parking lot was a disaster. I'd say there were only 5-10,000 there because of the weather.</P>

It would have been one of the best days ever except that we had all our best guys in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.</P>

No tickets needed, you just walked right in and went right to the field. No one cared that I was standing on the field, along with hundreds of others, swigging from flasks. It was bitter cold. I got blitzed, mixing vodka and blackberry brandy to keep me warm. Immediately afterwards I had to make a business call, and was mortified as I was sure you could smell it on me. My only salvation was that the engineer I was visiting was a huge Giant fan and wished he had gone, and seemed to understand. In 35 years of business calls, that was the first and last time... but, I'll never forget it.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Blackberry brandy AND vodka......................well it was SB Championship celebration[&lt;)]. I hear the winds in the new stadium are going to effect the crowd much more so than they did in the old stadium</P>

[/quote]</P>

lol... I didn't want straight vodka, but wanted more kick than my blackberry, so I mixed them. It was good. </P>

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]Speaking of hosting big events , it looks like Giants Stadium might just get the Super Bowl in 2014. After the winter we've had you have to wonder what would happen if a blizzard zeroed in on us the night before ....or worse yet the afternoon of the SB.If someone is going they better havea room in the Marriot? across the street from the Stadium......and snowshoes![][/quote]</P>

In support of their bid, the Giants have promised the services of 1,000 volunteers with blow torches, and a drainage system to handle the overflow.</P>

I went to the '86 ('87) post SBXX1 celebration at Giant stadium. The day before the area got 20" of snow dumpoed on it.Everyone wasdown on the field because you couldn't get to a seat. They plowed about 75% of the field for the crowd and the platform to hold the players. There were 8-10 ft. piles of snow where the team would normally be standing. The parking lot was a disaster. I'd say there were only 5-10,000 there because of the weather.</P>

It would have been one of the best days ever except that we had all our best guys in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.</P>

No tickets needed, you just walked right in and went right to the field. No one cared that I was standing on the field, along with hundreds of others, swigging from flasks. It was bitter cold. I got blitzed, mixing vodka and blackberry brandy to keep me warm. Immediately afterwards I had to make a business call, and was mortified as I was sure you could smell it on me. My only salvation was that the engineer I was visiting was a huge Giant fan and wished he had gone, and seemed to understand. In 35 years of business calls, that was the first and last time... but, I'll never forget it.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Blackberry brandy AND vodka......................well it was SB Championship celebration[&lt;)]. I hear the winds in the new stadium are going to effect the crowd much more so than they did in the old stadium</P>

[/quote]</P>

lol... I didn't want straight vodka, but wanted more kick than my blackberry, so I mixed them. It was good. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Blackberrys always a good deterent against the cold and I would imaginevodka just gives it that little kick!!! lol</P>

Back before security checked everything these 2 guys next to me use to bring in milk gallon jugs of scotch and water. Those guys were a hoot walking by the newbies..........."excuse me...excuse me" as hauled thier booty totheir seats. I brought vodka andOJ in small container [thermos]. I'd tell security it was just OJ.............they would never test it and I knew it [].....good ole Giant stadium</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]It's embarrassing to be a citizen of NY State and have others look on say this is the best elected officials you could find? Bring back Spitzer and his hookers!.........at least he was on top of his job[/quote]BFD the guy used a call service..... Its not like he did it when he was home, only on the road. And we'd HAVE to forgive him if the girl looked remotely like his wife....... LOL
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="SEC105"]It's embarrassing to be a citizen of NY State and have others look on say this is the best elected officials you could find? Bring back Spitzer and his hookers!.........at least he was on top of his job[/quote]BFD the guy used a call service..... Its not like he did it when he was home, only on the road. And we'd HAVE to forgive him if the girl looked remotely like his wife....... LOL
    [/quote]</P>

I'm not sure it's why he did it, with whom he did it, where or when. It's a function of the times we're in, and the ever increasing intrusion of the media in the lives of public figures. When this kind of thing hits a politician... they're toast. The media will find everything the politician has said and done in his career, plus the appearance he portrayed as a family man,and show the hypocricy of their acts. They'll say, "Here's a guy who cracked down on prostitutes, and there he is using them."</P>

Everyone knows they lie, and are full of BS, and expect that it extends to their peronal lives... just don't get caught.</P>

Then theyare micro-scrutinized to see what else the bad boy could have done. Look at old Tiger... same thing. There are probably some that are still digging to find more dirt on him.</P>

So, they say JFK entertained Marilyn, and probably several other beautiesin the White House.. big difference in the times, and scrutiny by the media. Old Bill Clinton got nailed, and humiliated. I think if he had another term to run for, The Dems would have found a way to dissuade him from running. </P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="SEC105"]Speaking of hosting big events , it looks like Giants Stadium might just get the Super Bowl in 2014. After the winter we've had you have to wonder what would happen if a blizzard zeroed in on us the night before ....or worse yet the afternoon of the SB.*If someone is going they better have*a room in the Marriot? across the street from the Stadium......and snowshoes![][/quote]</P>

I went to the '86 ('87) post SBXX1 celebration at Giant stadium.* The day before the area got 20" of snow dumpoed on it.**Everyone was*down on the field because you couldn't get to a seat. They plowed about 75% *of the field for the crowd and the platform to hold the players. There were 8-10 ft. piles of snow where the team would normally be standing. The parking lot was a disaster. I'd say there were only 5-10,000 there because of the weather.</P>

No tickets needed, you just walked right in and went right to the field. No one cared that I was standing on the field, along with hundreds of others, swigging from flasks. It was bitter cold.* I got blitzed, mixing vodka and blackberry brandy to keep me warm.* Immediately afterwards I had to make a business call, *and was mortified as I was sure you could smell it on me.* My only salvation was that the engineer I was visiting was a huge Giant fan and wished he had gone, and seemed to understand.* In 35 years of business calls, that was the first and last time... but, I'll never forget it.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Blackberry brandy AND vodka......................well it was SB Championship celebration[<)]. I hear the winds in the new stadium are going to effect the crowd much more so than they did in the old stadium</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Blackberrys always a good deterent against the cold and I would imagine*vodka just gives it that little kick!!!* lol</P>

Back before security checked everything these 2 guys next to me use to bring in milk gallon jugs of scotch and water. Those guys were a hoot walking by the newbies..........."excuse me...excuse me" as hauled thier booty to*their seats. I brought vodka and*OJ in small container [thermos]. I'd tell security it was just OJ*.............they would never test it and I knew it [].....good ole Giant stadium</P>[/quote]

in the late 70s my wife and I brought 2 of her friends to a game.....we get to our seats and I look over and the wife has a bottle of wine......the woman snuck in a bottle of wine!!!!.....that always amazed me.....she was never much of a rule breaker...

I still tell that story when we have company

they sat there and slugged out of a bottle of red wine....I had my beer I was happy.....

speaking of drinking at games.....my son sometime in the 90s came up with this invention he called the " Casual Catheter".....

he drew it up with a Giants logo and swore fans would buy it and not have to wait in bathroom lines.....

you just strap it to your leg and..........well you get the idea......

the kid is nuts.....the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

during long road marches in our tanks, us drivers were told to keep a 64 oz empty gatorade bottle handy....

no lie.

and yes I did. Many times.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]during long road marches in our tanks, us drivers were told to keep a 64 oz empty gatorade bottle handy....

no lie.

[/quote]
    hell i've done that going 70mph across the top of Toronto on the 401 lol

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]during long road marches in our tanks, us drivers were told to keep a 64 oz empty gatorade bottle handy....

no lie.

[/quote]

[/quote]

one's has to do what one has to do.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]during long road marches in our tanks, us drivers were told to keep a 64 oz empty gatorade bottle handy....

no lie.

[/quote]

[/quote]

one's has to do what one has to do.
    [/quote]cruise control is one of the best inventions....along with tinted windows lol

AG I sent you a thread move request in a PM....my photoshop thread getting no love, we need it in General .... it's going to be good []

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]during long road marches in our tanks, us drivers were told to keep a 64 oz empty gatorade bottle handy....

no lie.

[/quote]

[/quote] i'm picturing the scene frm dumb and dumber..

whats up fellas..

+ Reply to Thread