+ Reply to Thread
Page 5060 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 4060456049605010505050585059506050615062507051105160 ... LastLast
Results 50,591 to 50,600 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]while i am not liking the oil leakage here are some other world events that should be mentioned

[link]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37309788/ns/world_news-asiapacific[/link] the RoK (north) was exposed as having deliberately intending to sink/kill all those S. Korean sailors....we just Saber-rattled them a little under 3 hours ago

[/quote]

Yeah this is starting to get pretty bad. Just read an article, Obama told the military to get ready for N. Korea.....

I don't know how many US troops are stationed in S. Korea but can the U.S. really be apart of 3 wars at the same time?
    [/quote]</P>

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/nort...oil_spill.html</P>

Just some theory out there [posted this in another thread]. If anybody did do something like this ,it would be right up theNorth Koreans alley. Personally I doubt it but..............</P>

Tensions between North and South have remained since the end of the Korean war. Well over 50 years ago. Economic sanctions , imo , seem the best for the immediate future. We are stretching our military as it is between Iraq and Afghanistan...............the South might have to go at it with North on their own for the time being. We already take care of much of the border between the 2</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]while i am not liking the oil leakage here are some other world events that should be mentioned

[link]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37309788/ns/world_news-asiapacific[/link] the RoK (north) was exposed as having deliberately intending to sink/kill all those S. Korean sailors....we just Saber-rattled them a little under 3 hours ago

[/quote]

Yeah this is starting to get pretty bad. Just read an article, Obama told the military to get ready for N. Korea.....

I don't know how many US troops are stationed in S. Korea but can the U.S. really be apart of 3 wars at the same time?
    [/quote]</p>

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/nort...oil_spill.html</p>

Just some theory out there [posted this in another thread]. If anybody did do something like this ,it would be right up theNorth Koreans alley. Personally I doubt it but..............</p>

Tensions between North and South have remained since the end of the Korean war. Well over 50 years ago. Economic sanctions , imo , seem the best for the immediate future. We are stretching our military as it is between Iraq and Afghanistan...............the South might have to go at it with North on their own for the time being. We already take care of much of the border between the 2</p>[/quote]

I have heard about this rumor too..... I think it's "reaching" a bit. I'm not completely against the possibility but I'd need to see more. Plus BP's PR is so bad, they would love to jump at the chance to say they were torpedoed! And the US gov't would love to say the same thing so that the entire blame could be on NK. Why would they want to protect NK's image?

That's like saying al-queda had nothing to do with 911 just because we don't think the world can handle that news...

I also read that there are about 28,000 US troops in S. Korea with about 1 million Korean soldiers at the border...

I think the fear right now isn't so much getting into war with NK, because everyone knows, between S. Korea, U.S. and its allies, we can take out NK very easily, but they are crazy. So they may just go out swinging and launch every single missile in their arsenal before they go bye bye.

At that point, it doesn't really matter does it? S. Korea would be wiped out....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/nort...oil_spill.html</P>

Just some theory out there [posted this in another thread]. If anybody did do something like this ,it would be right up theNorth Koreans alley. Personally I doubt it but..............</P>

Tensions between North and South have remained since the end of the Korean war. Well over 50 years ago. Economic sanctions , imo , seem the best for the immediate future. We are stretching our military as it is between Iraq and Afghanistan...............the South might have to go at it with North on their own for the time being. We already take care of much of the border between the 2</P>

[/quote]

I have heard about this rumor too..... I think it's "reaching" a bit. I'm not completely against the possibility but I'd need to see more. Plus BP's PR is so bad, they would love to jump at the chance to say they were torpedoed! And the US gov't would love to say the same thing so that the entire blame could be on NK. Why would they want to protect NK's image?

That's like saying al-queda had nothing to do with 911 just because we don't think the world can handle that news...

I also read that there are about 28,000 US troops in S. Korea with about 1 million Korean soldiers at the border...

I think the fear right now isn't so much getting into war with NK, because everyone knows, between S. Korea, U.S. and its allies, we can take out NK very easily, but they are crazy. So they may just go out swinging and launch every single missile in their arsenal before they go bye bye.

At that point, it doesn't really matter does it? S. Korea would be wiped out....

[/quote]</P>

Thats the problem with crazy leaders of certain countries [ the guy from Iran another example] with nukes or about to get nukes. Very unpredictable. Nut jobs who will push the button just make a point or for what they believe in. Torpedoing a SK military ship with no thought of the lives they are taking..........not a far stretch to see this guys one upping themselves if provoked or what they see as being provoked. Can't China lean on NK into seeing some sense?</P>

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/nort...oil_spill.html</p>

Just some theory out there [posted this in another thread]. If anybody did do something like this ,it would be right up theNorth Koreans alley. Personally I doubt it but..............</p>

Tensions between North and South have remained since the end of the Korean war. Well over 50 years ago. Economic sanctions , imo , seem the best for the immediate future. We are stretching our military as it is between Iraq and Afghanistan...............the South might have to go at it with North on their own for the time being. We already take care of much of the border between the 2</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Thats the problem with crazy leaders of certain countries [ the guy from Iran another example] with nukes or about to get nukes. Very unpredictable. Nut jobs who will push the button just make a point or for what they believe in. Torpedoing a SK military ship with no thought of the lives they are taking..........not a far stretch to see this guys one upping themselves if provoked or what they see as being provoked. Can't China lean on NK into seeing some sense?</p>[/quote]

Abdinijad(sp) and Kim Jong's son...add in Al Qaeda and the Taliban, stir with Red China interests with a sprinkle of old USSR (there is an existing Communist Party that wants to re-establish the old ways) = WWIII ???

btw, while i was stationed in Germany i was a little surprised to know that there was a New Nazi Party in full effect.....

point is some ppl can choose to bury their heads up their *** all they want to but at the end of the day we have many enemies

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="SEC105"]

Thats the problem with crazy leaders of certain countries [ the guy from Iran another example] with nukes or about to get nukes. Very unpredictable. Nut jobs who will push the button just make a point or for what they believe in. Torpedoing a SK military ship with no thought of the lives they are taking..........not a far stretch to see this guys one upping themselves if provoked or what they see as being provoked. Can't China lean on NK into seeing some sense?</p>[/quote]

You're right about that. These leaders are crazy and will start a war to make a point. I'm concerned about where Russia and China is in all this....

No one even knows what the reason was for taking down that ship right? They just went ahead and did it...

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

Abdinijad(sp) and Kim Jong's son...add in Al Qaeda and the Taliban, stir with Red China interests with a sprinkle of old USSR (there is an existing Communist Party that wants to re-establish the old ways) = WWIII ???

btw, while i was stationed in Germany i was a little surprised to know that there was a New Nazi Party in full effect.....

point is some ppl can choose to bury their heads up their *** all they want to but at the end of the day we have many enemies
    [/quote]

What??? Is this still true today?

I'm watching a series on WW2 coincedentally, it's on History Channel on Monday nights so if you guys want to catch it, it's on tonite I believe. I think they are on episode 4?

Anyways, it has really opened up my eyes how the Nazi's came into power. I learned NONE of this in high school. I am soooo amazed how the Nazi's literally annhilated their enemies. If they just left USSR alone for awhile and focused on Europe, things could have totally been different today.

Sorry, it's not History Channel it's the Smithsonian Channel, it's called Apocolypse: The Second World War.

Here's the link.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/si....do?series=694

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]

What??? Is this still true today?

I'm watching a series on WW2 coincedentally, it's on History Channel on Monday nights so if you guys want to catch it, it's on tonite I believe. I think they are on episode 4?

Anyways, it has really opened up my eyes how the Nazi's came into power. I learned NONE of this in high school. I am soooo amazed how the Nazi's literally annhilated their enemies. If they just left USSR alone for awhile and focused on Europe, things could have totally been different today.

[/quote]</P>

I grew up in the 50's and had a lot of Nazi History. Then there were my Mother's parents who moved to the US from Germany around 1910, and constantly wrote to their parents, relatives and friends, and went back as often as possible to visit. So, they were always in tune with the changing political climate in Germany. They often talked about how powerful the Bolshevik party/influence was becoming, and it was run by thugs. The German people feared and hated it. So, when Hitler came along many people jumped on his growing band wagon to help squash Bolshevism. The days of the Kaiser were coming to an end, but the people were now thrustinto choosing between the lesser of two evils.Bolshevism they knew and feared. So Hitler, to many, was a savior. They never imagined what evil they were spawning.</P>

In our political system, I think the chances of getting a real, Hitler type of President is incredibly slim... but, every time I vote I always feel like I'm choosing the lesser of two evils.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

I grew up in the 50's and had a lot of Nazi History. Then there were my Mother's parents who moved to the US from Germany around 1910, and constantly wrote to their parents, relatives and friends, and went back as often as possible to visit. So, they were always in tune with the changing political climate in Germany. They often talked about how powerful the Bolshevik party/influence was becoming, and it was run by thugs. The German people feared and hated it. So, when Hitler came along many people jumped on his growing band wagon to help squash Bolshevism. The days of the Kaiser were coming to an end, but the people were now thrustinto choosing between the lesser of two evils.Bolshevism they knew and feared. So Hitler, to many, was a savior. They never imagined what evil they were spawning.</p>

In our political system, I think the chances of getting a real, Hitler type of President is incredibly slim... but, every time I vote I always feel like I'm choosing the lesser of two evils.</p>[/quote]

I honestly wish I had more time to study history. So I am stuck with History Channel/Smithsonian and anyone else that wants to present a documentary on our history. Hoping that it is unbiased and true to how things really occured. I don't want any cover up...

I think in a way you're right, back then, those days seemed simpler and more innocent, today we as a society almost seems to "defensive" to really allow something like that to happen but hey, you never know....

One thing I know for sure is that you probably won't get much help from MSM....

AG:
    Germany has I want to say 5 political parties.

In our terminology, 3 are Liberal, 1 is Conservative and the 5th would be the Nazi one....NPZ? or NPF something like that.....

I was stationed between Regensburg and Nurnburg (yes that Nurnburg, we write it Nurenburg but the Autobahn signs clearly read: Nurnburg)....

anywho, I can remember from time to time on a Friday at Close of Business, we would be issued safety briefs. Occasionally we were flat out told that Nurnburg, Berlin and a few other places had planned organized rallies and that "Joe" better not step foot in that city or town.

Punishable by an Article 15 should you be caught.

One guy from my platoon had a girlfriend from Berlin, one 3-day weekend he went to visit her. That following Monday one side his face was purplish-blue and a eye somewhat shut.

he claimed he fell off her loft but....Joe likes to talk.....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread