+ Reply to Thread
Page 5072 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 4072457249725022506250705071507250735074508251225172 ... LastLast
Results 50,711 to 50,720 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

Australia and their people are going to be paying for the rescue of that girl lost at sea.

Is it me or does something seem wrong about that. They've already done a fantastic job search and rescue. But now they pick up the tab too?

I think her parents should have picked up the tab no?

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Australia and their people are going to be paying for the rescue of that girl lost at sea.

Is it me or does something seem wrong about that. They've already done a fantastic job search and rescue. But now they pick up the tab too?

I think her parents should have picked up the tab no?
    [/quote]</P>

Yes. A thorny topic. The immediate family rarely pays in these sea rescues.</P>

no that's why countries have budgets for these situations....I'm sure there have been many other sea rescues this year in that area we've heard nothing about. Plus it's excellent training and media to entice others into their countries Coast Guard

Ok, so here's a thought. Does anyone know if her trip was insured?

What if for future expeditions like this, families would have to buy insurance. Whichever company insures them could use this as a marketing tool to help pay for the costs. Whoever goes out to do expeditions would have to do commercials etc etc to help market and pay for their insured trip, if anything goes wrong.

It's a win win for everyone. They get a little famous and so does the company insuring them.

Now, here's a wrench thrown in, what if future families pass up on paying insurance and go without it?

Obviously any country in the position to save someone would do it, but this would leave for great debate no?

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Ok, so here's a thought. Does anyone know if her trip was insured?

What if for future expeditions like this, families would have to buy insurance. Whichever company insures them could use this as a marketing tool to help pay for the costs. Whoever goes out to do expeditions would have to do commercials etc etc to help market and pay for their insured trip, if anything goes wrong.

It's a win win for everyone. They get a little famous and so does the company insuring them.

Now, here's a wrench thrown in, what if future families pass up on paying insurance and go without it?

Obviously any country in the position to save someone would do it, but this would leave for great debate no?
    [/quote]</P>

I'd love to see something like that. I'm real curious if the Companies would or would not consider a solo expedition by a 16 year old to be uninsurable, or just have rates so high that most would eschew it, as you say. </P>

how does one let their attractive &amp; <font color="#000000">beautiful </font><font color="#000000">child</font><font color="#000000"> </font>go alone around the world where these days with all the rampant anti-Americanism and Piracy and other bad things; sail by herself?

she's a child, kid, young adult.

she was blessed that good people found her first or else her irresponsible parents might be mourning right now.

this world is getting more and more F'd up.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]how does one let their attractive &amp; <font color="#000000">beautiful </font><font color="#000000">child</font><font color="#000000"> </font>go alone around the world where these days with all the rampant anti-Americanism and Piracy and other bad things; sail by herself?

she's a child, kid, young adult.

she was blessed that good people found her first or else her irresponsible parents might be mourning right now.

this world is getting more and more F'd up.
    [/quote]

Yeah I absolutely agree with that. I was thinking the same thing, you have these pirates out there stealing ships. You don't think one of them might go rogue and have a little fun with a 16 year old chick? And we saw how long it took authorities to find her and they were lucky she was in the boat!
    All they would have to do is kidnap her, set the beacon off on the boat, they find the empty boat with a ransom note asking for millions!!!

There was controversey about this before it began, groups were against and felt this was close to child abuse/endagerment....

I'd have to agree with these groups.....

[quote user="zimonami"]

I'd love to see something like that. I'm real curious if the Companies would or would not consider a solo expedition by a 16 year old to be uninsurable, or just have rates so high that most would eschew it, as you say. </p>[/quote]

I doubt any insurance company even has a category for this, or maybe they have an "extreme" miscellaneous category. Whatever the case, it's going to be expensive. So I figured that they can team up with who they are insuring and do commercials to help pay for the costs. The individual would make their circuits and talk about insurance companies, or wear their shirts, just like sports....it would basically be kind of a sponsorship role...

Now the debate that comes in is when a family says they aren't interested! This is the debate that I would like to see....

If in the event their kid does need to be saved, and it is known the family didn't want to pay insurance, and the hosting/saving country and their people have to foot the bill, you know this would cause ruckus!!!

Ok so the father of this 16 year old chick is now doing a Reality TV show. I think it's pretty clear where her parents desires are and perhaps why they pushed her to do this sail around the world.

(June 14) -- Laurence Sunderland has been stung with criticism for
    allowing his 16-year-old daughter, Abby, to set sail alone in her quest
    to become the youngest person to circumnavigate the globe -- a failed
    effort that left her stranded in dangerous 30-foot waves.

Now as she heads home, word comes that Laurence Sunderland has jumped onto the reality-TV bandwagon.

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Ok so the father of this 16 year old chick is now doing a Reality TV show. I think it's pretty clear where her parents desires are and perhaps why they pushed her to do this sail around the world.

(June 14) -- Laurence Sunderland has been stung with criticism for
    allowing his 16-year-old daughter, Abby, to set sail alone in her quest
    to become the youngest person to circumnavigate the globe -- a failed
    effort that left her stranded in dangerous 30-foot waves.

Now as she heads home, word comes that Laurence Sunderland has jumped onto the reality-TV bandwagon.

[/quote]

remember the wackos with the supposed run-a-way hot air balloon?

what the (freak) man!!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread