+ Reply to Thread
Page 5159 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 4159465950595109514951575158515951605161516952095259 ... LastLast
Results 51,581 to 51,590 of 55168

Thread: Asian giant for HC

All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]
    No matter how many "real" fans say otherwise, this was the fear of anyone who cheers Big Blue. Maybe next year we'll trash those *** monkeys for a change. Maybe.
    [/quote]am i reading this wrong.. are you sayin i'm not a real fan.. those are fightin words sir </P>

and yes those *** monkeys have a lot coming to them.. they'll get theirs soon enough </P>[/quote]

no, no Bandy....I know you tend to avoid TAGF most of the time, but I've been slumming there frequently the last few weeks.

Apparently anyone who didn't desire for the Giants to make the post-season, despite knowing we'd be embarrassed on a National stage again, would be summarily lambasted as either a no-nothing, bandwagoner (no pun intended) or a fake fan.

Read: Realist vs Homer argument infinitum.

I was one of those who thought maybe they'd turn on that "Road Warrior" persona if they made the play-offs though deep inside I feared we'd be the butt of jokes once again come the WC weekend.

Here's hoping that the Pack can send those fools to Summer vacation 1 week after the Giants !!!
    [/quote]lol.. just messin around.. TAGF scares me most times [:|]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="SEC105"]

Good luck with school</P>

oh.......and Steve Jobs has an action figure![]</P>

</P>

[/quote]

Why do I get the feeling it's going to be worth something one day?

[/quote]</P>

you in any office pools AG?...........[]</P>

LOL, no kidding.

But you know how it is especially in this economy. I'd like to be a Network Technician at minimum but at this point I'll settle for A+ PC Tech in the interim.

And so this year, the first few months, I plan to grind on the CompTIA on Saturdays while doing everything else.

One question, I will also get an Introduction Course to Linux over the next year.

I'd love to have both CCNA and Linux Certifications what's your take on either ?

(I know Linux is non-GUI and all Command Lines, but to a degree so is the Cisco Router stuff.. Privalege Mode etc.)
    [/quote]

Linux and Cisco make a good combo. I've been using linux for years. I'm no master at it though as I've never desired to really know it inside and out. It depends on how much you can stomach because they are two completely different worlds.

Linux is more on the server/application side and Cisco is networking. Within the Cisco world there are so many specialties that you can definitely make a living on just being a Cisco guy.

It is good to be well rounded but not too much that you can't be good at anything....

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

No matter how many "real" fans say otherwise, this was the fear of anyone who cheers Big Blue. Maybe next year we'll trash those *** monkeys for a change. Maybe.
    [/quote]am i reading this wrong.. are you sayin i'm not a real fan.. those are fightin words sir </P>

and yes those *** monkeys have a lot coming to them.. they'll get theirs soon enough </P>

[/quote]

no, no Bandy....I know you tend to avoid TAGF most of the time, but I've been slumming there frequently the last few weeks.

Apparently anyone who didn't desire for the Giants to make the post-season, despite knowing we'd be embarrassed on a National stage again, would be summarily lambasted as either a no-nothing, bandwagoner (no pun intended) or a fake fan.

I was one of those who thought maybe they'd turn on that "Road Warrior" persona if they made the play-offs though deep inside I feared we'd be the butt of jokes once again come the WC weekend.

Here's hoping that the Pack can send those fools to Summer vacation 1 week after the Giants !!!
    [/quote]lol.. just messin around.. TAGF scares me most times [:|][/quote]</P>

Nothing to be afraid of Bandy.........cept losing your sanity!!! lol</P>

How have you been?</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

and yes those *** monkeys have a lot coming to them.. they'll get theirs soon enough </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]lol.. just messin around.. TAGF scares me most times [:|][/quote]</P>

Nothing to be afraid of Bandy.........cept losing your sanity!!! lol</P>

How have you been?</P>[/quote]i've been well Mr 105.. how'd the hollidays treat you and the fam

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

It is good to be well rounded but not too much that you can't be good at anything....

[/quote]

good advice. I just want to know enough to first get my foot in the door and to continue in the Field in spite of the Economy...

[quote user="SEC105"]
    bandwgn86, "... just messin around.. TAGF scares me most times" [:|]

<font color="#0000ff">Nothing to be afraid of Bandy.........cept losing your sanity!!! lol</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">How have you been?</font></p>[/quote]

I mean it's crazy that as Giants' fans we have to feel like you can't post on the Main MB's without such a huge backlash of "everything".

There are definitely Quality posters "up there"but for every 2 Quality there's like 6 to 8 Garbage posters...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

good advice. I just want to know enough to first get my foot in the door and to continue in the Field in spite of the Economy...

[/quote]

I don't know what the economy is like in your area for IT. My company just hired another IT guy this week. But I don't think we will be hiring anymore at all this year unless we suddenly get a blast of customers.

Being well rounded will make you look more seasoned, I do noticed that within the IT world, just like anything else there are keywords that HR uses to find potential candidates. When I was looking for a job, it was ridiculous what employers were asking from people in terms of skillsets.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I am one of the most well rounded IT guys around. I can cover programming, web design, network infrastructure design and configuration, SQL programming, video conference configs you name it. Does it burn me out? Yes it does....

Within the Cisco world you have specialties. Are you going to be a routing/switching expert? Wireless? Voice? Security? Service provider for BGP/MPLS? The list goes on....

If possible, try to begin working somewhere as you go to class???

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]

I don't know what the economy is like in your area for IT. My company just hired another IT guy this week. But I don't think we will be hiring anymore at all this year unless we suddenly get a blast of customers.

Being well rounded will make you look more seasoned, I do noticed that within the IT world, just like anything else there are keywords that HR uses to find potential candidates. When I was looking for a job, it was ridiculous what employers were asking from people in terms of skillsets.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I am one of the most well rounded IT guys around. I can cover programming, web design, network infrastructure design and configuration, SQL programming, video conference configs you name it. Does it burn me out? Yes it does....

Within the Cisco world you have specialties. Are you going to be a routing/switching expert? Wireless? Voice? Security? Service provider for BGP/MPLS? The list goes on....

If possible, try to begin working somewhere as you go to class???

[/quote]

Well that's kind of why I wanted to at least pick up a PC Tech gig in the meantime...

As far as Cisco goes, my course of study is overall IT Network Admin and Manager, a Bachelor's...

Personally I'd be O.k with being a Cisco Network Tech in terms of setting up an dconfiguring routers and servers, of course including switches and end user devices...

I guess as my Studies progress and I touch more aspects of IT, I may begin to focus in on what I really like.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

</P>

This isTom Bradys friend.......she hopes the Jets lose this week.......smart girl!!! [] </P>

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"]

</P>

This isTom Bradys friend.......she hopes the Jets lose this week.......smart girl!!! [] </P>[/quote]i guess shes pretty if you're into long legged, tight bodied beauties.. lol

+ Reply to Thread