+ Reply to Thread
Page 5241 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 4241474151415191523152395240524152425243525152915341 ... LastLast
Results 52,401 to 52,410 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_Summer_(book)</P>

Gil Hodges Jackie Robinson Pee Wee Reese etc</P>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</P>

How could you not worship players like that?</P>

[/quote]</P>

My grand father brought me to my 1st Dodger game in '53. He got me a ball signed by all the '53 Bums... I treasured it and was so danged proud that summer when my buddies and me needed a ball for a pick-up game in the park... we all ooohed and aaahed at all the sigs... Furillo, Snider, Campy, Newcome, Erskine, Jackie, Pee Wee, Gil... and then we used it until the cover literally came off. Who knew back then?</P>

[/quote]

Chuck Norris knew.
    [/quote]</P>

lol</P>

Yes, he knew, but he wasn't telling cuz he was the odd kid out of our game.</P>

</P>

[quote user="jmike"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs[/quote]</P>

a cinch to win all the awards next year... I can't wait.</P>

AG !

Please check your inbox

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]AG !

Please check your inbox
    [/quote]

Responded!

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</P>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</P>

[/quote]</P>

My grand father brought me to my 1st Dodger game in '53. He got me a ball signed by all the '53 Bums... I treasured it and was so danged proud that summer when my buddies and me needed a ball for a pick-up game in the park... we all ooohed and aaahed at all the sigs... Furillo, Snider, Campy, Newcome, Erskine, Jackie, Pee Wee, Gil... and then we used it until the cover literally came off. Who knew back then?</P>

[/quote]

Chuck Norris knew.
    [/quote]</P>

Chuck Norris never sleeps............................he waits.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea...My Dad grew up in Brooklyn before joining the Air Force[ Army Air Corp] during WWII. They moved to Levittown after the war. He never lost his enthusiasm for"Dem Bums" {Brooklyn Dodgers] till they moved to L.A...........He always despised Walter O'Malley [owner] ,as didthe entire Brooklyn fanbase, for moving the team out west</P>

"Walter O'Malley is a"BUM" was one of his favorite quotes lol</P>

</P>

Guess wewill have tobe fans of this Brooklyn [Decker] till the Dodgers come home</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="SEC105"]

Guess wewill have tobe fans of this Brooklyn [Decker] till the Dodgers come home</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

sign me up on the lifetime fan membership plan, thank you...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

[quote user="SEC105"]

Guess wewill have tobe fans of this Brooklyn [Decker] till the Dodgers come home</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]yummy

+ Reply to Thread