+ Reply to Thread
Page 5330 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 4330483052305280532053285329533053315332534053805430 ... LastLast
Results 53,291 to 53,300 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

definitely time to bring the troops home from Afghanistan.. been time for a very long time actually.... </P>

.. we may not get involved in every war (Veitnam/Iraq2) but wedo stay to clean up, provide healthcare for the wounded, offer our servicesfor trainingof police, special forces, politicsetc etc.. i'm very proud of that and we should continue doing.. </P>

whats the top 1%? money earners? </P>

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

whats the top 1%? money earners? </p>[/quote]I think its going to define this century
    the century where the belittled and overused say enough and stand up those getting everything for nothing, just sucking money out of everyone never giving ant back
    be it a corrupt government or corrupt business practices that bankrupt governments, the people have had enough
    why can Exxon Mobile make nearly $1B/week in profit the first quarter this year ...they were on pace for $47B profits for the year they said back then
    why is just one company allowed to suck so much out of the economy? why dont the oil companies ever have to take a risk? always gets passed down to us, they never lose nowadays, I don't understand how its legal...and I think thats just one little part of a rebellion that is coming, hopefully my kids generation, not these morons down there now

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

whats the top 1%? money earners? </P>[/quote]I think its going to define this century
    the century where the belittled and overused say enough and stand up those getting everything for nothing, just sucking money out of everyone never giving ant back
    be it a corrupt government or corrupt business practices that bankrupt governments, the people have had enough
    why can Exxon Mobile make nearly $1B/week in profit the first quarter this year ...they were on pace for $47B profits for the year they said back then
    why is just one company allowed to suck so much out of the economy? why dont the oil companies ever have to take a risk? always gets passed down to us, they never lose nowadays, I don't understand how its legal...and I think thats just one little part of a rebellion that is coming, hopefully my kids generation

[/quote]not saying i agree with the way it is but i can see why it is? they have the leverage..

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]I think its going to define this century
    why is just one company allowed to suck so much out of the economy? why dont the oil companies ever have to take a risk? always gets passed down to us, they never lose nowadays, I don't understand how its legal...and I think thats just one little part of a rebellion that is coming, hopefully my kids generation

[/quote]not saying i agree with the way it is but i can see why it is? they have the leverage..[/quote]</P>

Ban, you make some excellent points. Using our vets to rebuild the infrastructure is a definite.need. These vets will go from putting their life on the line to joining the unemployment line. We have hundreds of bridges nationwide that are dangerously crumbling.</P>

One thing I will note, IMO... the mobs that typically run construction are people I trust more than our politicians. You might not know... it was the mob that built our Meadowlands, Giant Stadium... well before deadline, and well under budget. Plus, they got to give Jimmy Hoffa the finalburial spot he deserved... under the goal line...lol. They at least have a broader base of people they care about... their family, and extended families... whereas our politicians only care about themsleves. Heck, most of them even toss their wives in the gutter... you don't see that happeningwith mobsters. Mobsters ask you politely (well, at least at first) for your money. Politicians line their pockets with the wages of the elderly andour hardest working people.</P>

</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]not saying i agree with the way it is but i can see why it is? they have the leverage..[/quote]</P>

Ban, you make some excellent points. Using our vets to rebuild the infrastructure is a definite.need. These vets will go from putting their life on the line to joining the unemployment line. We have hundreds of bridges nationwide that are dangerously crumbling.</P>

One thing I will note, IMO... the mobs that typically run construction are people I trust more than our politicians. You might not know... it was the mob that built our Meadowlands, Giant Stadium... well before deadline, and well under budget. Plus, they got to give Jimmy Hoffa the finalburial spot he deserved... under the goal line...lol. They at least have a broader base of people they care about... their family, and extended families... whereas our politicians only care about themsleves. Heck, most of them even toss their wives in the gutter... you don't see that happeningwith mobsters. Mobsters ask you politely (well, at least at first) for your money. Politicians line their pockets with the wages of the elderly andour hardest working people.</P>

</P>[/quote]i hear yah Zim, either way it stinks.. Hamilton, my city, had a huge fiasco over a new stadium for its football team (fyi Bans favourite team lol) budget came in around 145millionish in tax payers money, how much would that figure been if there wasnt politicians and "unions" skimming off the top..

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

</P>

[/quote]i hear yah Zim, either way it stinks.. Hamilton, my city, had a huge fiasco over a new stadium for its football team (fyi Bans favourite team lol) budget came in around 145millionish in tax payers money, how much would that figure been if there wasnt politicians and "unions" skimming off the top..[/quote]</P>

Valid point, BW. Yes, the costs would definitely be higher, with either entity. But, the politicians tell us they're helping us.</P>

with respect:

the Gov't intends to downsize our overall Military.

example by 2015 they intend to reduce my Army to 50K +/-

Pay attention, while not on the mainstream propaganda feeds, numerous miltary commanders, at this time, mainly Naval and Marine are getting "canned" with a "Loss In Confidence" smearing.

me thinks Political Correctness and all its BS is weakening the already diminished infrastructure of our GREAT men and women of the Armed Forces.

as a Veteran, I am sad that I opted to leave rather than re-up for another tour. I really, really like Military folk, civilians not so much.

we have to be cautious with the political talk but I'll say this, I like BALANCE, but I won't occupy a damn thing...I am NOT a racist, bigot or homophobe but some **** need never have changed/ evolved.

it's a different world and frankly a more frightening one.

Communism was a palpable and tangible threat.

Terrorism and subversives not so much.

PS
    this country should have been a Martial one much like Ancient Rome.
    Serve and secure your Citizenship.

too many ******* in politics, too many punks with "voices."

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]with respect:

the Gov't intends to downsize our overall Military.

example by 2015 they intend to reduce my Army to 50K +/-

Pay attention, while not on the mainstream propaganda feeds, numerous miltary commanders, at this time, mainly Naval and Marine are getting "canned" with a "Loss In Confidence" smearing.

me thinks Political Correctness and all its BS is weakening the already diminished infrastructure of our GREAT men and women of the Armed Forces.

as a Veteran, I am sad that I opted to leave rather than re-up for another tour. I really, really like Military folk, civilians not so much.

we have to be cautious with the political talk but I'll say this, I like BALANCE, but I won't occupy a damn thing...I am NOT a racist, bigot or homophobe but some **** need never have changed/ evolved.

it's a different world and frankly a more frightening one.

Communism was a palpable and tangible threat.

Terrorism and subversives not so much.

PS
    this country should have been a Martial one much like Ancient Rome.
    Serve and secure your Citizenship.

too many ******* in politics, too many punks with "voices."
    [/quote]</P>

50K? That's incredibly low. I don't want any more Viet Nams, Iraq's, or Afghanistan's... they are all politician's conflicts... but Military Preparedness is vital to our country's health. We are falling into the web of ***** politicians. If we're at peace we need to find ways to take advantage of their (our Military personnel) capabilities. They can do a lot more for our country than fire weapons, but they need to be ready for that mission at a moment's notice. You can't just suddenly mobilize an army out of thin air, and 50K doesn't nearly cover the potential need in a crisis.</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]

50K? That's incredibly low. I don't want any more Viet Nams, Iraq's, or Afghanistan's... they are all politician's conflicts... but Military Preparedness is vital to our country's health. We are falling into the web of ***** politicians. If we're at peace we need to find ways to take advantage of their (our Military personnel) capabilities. They can do a lot more for our country than fire weapons, but they need to be ready for that mission at a moment's notice. You can't just suddenly mobilize an army out of thin air, and 50K doesn't nearly cover the potential need in a crisis.</p>[/quote]

http://www.military.com/

one of my sources and one to be respected.

created by both active and former Military service-people with much to say about everything. good or bad, both that reflects well and poorly on the real Services.

I'm a member, but a "lurker."

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

Personally, and I'm on the outside looking in obviously, if that's true about losing 50k I think that's a pretty good idea. I don't know the #'s for total personnel in the US army but I'd imagine it won't be devastating.. It's not like anyone is going to invade you** and I can't see fighting 2 wars at a time going forward, lessons learned one would hope..

** other than Canada that is.. You've been warned.

+ Reply to Thread