+ Reply to Thread
Page 5370 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 4370487052705320536053685369537053715372538054205470 ... LastLast
Results 53,691 to 53,700 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

All-Pro

Re: Asian giant for HC

tell me thats not someones house!

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Anyone catch Mark Bavaro awarding Mr. Mara and Mr. Tisch with the Halas NFC Champion trophy? (Fox)

too cool. I wished they would have interviewed him or something.
    [/quote]</p>

GY....any link for that? would like to see it posted here if you can find it</p>[/quote]

generally at the end of games I flick to NFLN, this time I kept it on Fox cause I wanted see and hear Stray post-game.

so while Terry's in the locker room they flick to the Presentation and just like that the announcer says something along the lines of,"here to present the co-owners of the New York Giants with the George S. Halas NFC trophy, Mark Bavaro..."

I did a double take because right as rain there he was in a tan jacket, blue jeans and a white ballcap pulled down east coast style handing the trophy over.

I wonder if it can be You Tubed ?

__________________________________________________ _____________
    [link]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post?id=11457[/link]

Diehl: "This is Giants Stadium!"

LOL

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Bench Player

Giants fans going to Indianapolis for Super Bowl are meeting up Friday February 3rd at the Ice Ultra Lounge downtown. The party is called Aces & Angels XLVI. www.aces-angels.org

TC is the man!

Another epic post season. When the Giants went to the Superbowl in 2007-2008 the words from Joe Buck, "And the NY Football Giants are going to the superbowl!"

I remember that because I felt it was so incredibly difficult to go to the SB. This was the time to take it all in as much as possible. If there was ever a time to be "star struck" that was it.

Then the epic superbowl was just icing on the cake.

This years postseason had that same eerie feel and as to not jinx it, I didn't want to feel as if there was any connection to 2007-2008.

So after Tynes hit that FG I turned up the volume, once again waiting to hear those words from Joe Buck and he did say it again, "And the Giants are going back to the superbowl!!"

Very surreal, very strange....very out of body experience.....

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="mjg407"]Was in the TAGF game day thread earlier..... and those are Giant Fans??????* WTF is seriously wrong with some off these people on the boards?*

We were firing everyone at the end of November and now this team has exceeded everyone's expectations and is headed to the SB.... but they still beach.....
    [/quote]
    Amazing, isn't it?? To me, making the playoffs was a bonus. Winning against Atlanta was another bonus.... etc. How could you complain considering where we were after 14 games? The DB's came together (begged Fewell to run more Man coverage, and he listened... especially since Prince was lost in the zone), Boley and Blackburn bolstered the LB's., and the OLine improved slightly in run blocking. It all came together at the end, and we've been hot... but, these MB Jamokes think all our guys should be perfect on every play. Every incomplete pass is, somehow, a black mark on Eli's character and any missed tackle should put you on the bench and get you traded. Ludicrous, but this is the 'instant gratification' generation. They have no familiarity with reality until it smacks them in the face. They would shrivel and be useless if they had to wear your shoes, mjg.[/quote]
    Well said. You missed the part on banging on how the online sucks.

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Another epic post season. When the Giants went to the Superbowl in 2007-2008 the words from Joe Buck, "And the NY Football Giants are going to the superbowl!"

I remember that because I felt it was so incredibly difficult to go to the SB. This was the time to take it all in as much as possible. If there was ever a time to be "star struck" that was it.

Then the epic superbowl was just icing on the cake.

This years postseason had that same eerie feel and as to not jinx it, I didn't want to feel as if there was any connection to 2007-2008.

So after Tynes hit that FG I turned up the volume, once again waiting to hear those words from Joe Buck and he did say it again, "And the Giants are going back to the superbowl!!"

Very surreal, very strange....very out of body experience.....

[/quote]
    I got chills down my spine and felt all choked up. Was texting with my wife during the whole game. I feel like in many ways this is a better team than the 07 team. Eli is a lot better, I'll take nicks, Cruz and MM over the other group, online is a bit weaker. Dine ..."...hmmmm. No stray but JPP. Prob even other than in 07 nobody was worried on the Pats about this guy named tuck.

[quote user="mjg407"]Well said. You missed the part on banging on how the online sucks.[/quote]

DD, Baas and Kareem are suspect though...seriously

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]Well said. You missed the part on banging on how the online sucks.[/quote]

[/quote]
    Yes, very seriously. More OL draft pix at #'s 2 and/or 3 this year? I've wanted a REAL stud LB for a long time... I was spoiled by the Kelley, Van Pelt, Carson, LT, banks, Reasons, Pepper, Armstead, et als that we've had and would really like another enforcer in our LB crew... which compels me to compliment the job that Blackburn has done, coming off of the couch. He makes mistakes, but his experience and vet leadership have contributed nicely.

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]Well said. You missed the part on banging on how the online sucks.[/quote]

[/quote]
    Yes, very seriously. More OL draft pix at #'s 2 and/or 3 this year? I've wanted a REAL stud LB for a long time... I was spoiled by the Kelley, Van Pelt, Carson, LT, banks, Reasons, Pepper, Armstead, et als that we've had and would really like another enforcer in our LB crew... which compels me to compliment the job that Blackburn has done, coming off of the couch. He makes mistakes, but his experience and vet leadership have contributed nicely.[/quote]

agreed about wanting a LBer we as giants fans got used to great leber play but honestly Kiwi has played very well against the run this year..boley has been excelent imo...and the kid Williams is a player...we get John Goff back next year, I think we are set at backer...with our 1st round pick being late I wouldnt mind seeing an interior lineman in the first a guard or center type...I def see us going o-line in the first 2 rounds.

+ Reply to Thread