+ Reply to Thread
Page 3492 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 249229923392344234823490349134923493349435023542359239924492 ... LastLast
Results 34,911 to 34,920 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]On my way to work, I came up with a theory about Tiki.

Basically, Tiki has always been a goal oriented person, never letting anyone or so it seems,
    get in the way of his goals. He literally did everything he could as a player to put the Giants
    on his shoulders to get them to the promise land. You can't ask for anything more out of a player.
    Strahan essentially has done the samething for the team as a defensive player.

The way he retired from the team was not what he had in mind, issues with the coach, perhaps
    issues with players and the constant media rumors of his retirement(although that was his fault).

So now as a commentator(not journalist) he has the opportunity to allow some of his bitterness about
    the ended relationship flow through.

I admit the early criticism on Eli before season has even started is a bit mind boggling but again that
    is due to the manner in which he left the team.

In his eyes, he hoped that releasing the "retirement" rumors would allow his team to pick up the
    slack and play hard one last time for that beloved ring. But with an 8-8 record, it was very much
    half ***-ed...

So in all his glory and hard work, his team did not return the same effort...

Thoughts?

[/quote]Well since if I answer back on TAGF I get flamed and it's the big Tiki hate fest over there... I like what I read in Ralphie's blog....</P>

Barber also seemed surprised by the reaction (or overreaction) to his comments.</P>

“I just saw it on <SPAN class=caps>ESPN</SPAN> News and I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me?’” Tiki said. “Five sentences on a half-hour halftime show and now all of a sudden I’m going to be back page news? You’ve got to love New York.”</P>

Which is true, and I read Eli's comments the way Tiki did, in that Eli was saying Tiki quit on the team. I do think Tiki is trying to break from the mold of being a Giant Homer and did it poorly this first outing. He needs to script his words better on how he describes Eli's leadership. Saying "Comical" is unprofessional and he should recant that. To say that Eli was uncomfortable in the leadership role is something all of us have observed. I would bet money, that if this took place in some other city not in the Northeast, nobody would have even noticed....</P>[/quote]

more from Ralphie......

<DIV class=entry id=entry-15041>
    <H3 class=entry-header>Tiki: Don't Question My Heart</H3></DIV>While I was dining at one of greater Albany's finest eateries last night (no, not T. G. I. Fridays … a real, honest-to-goodness Italian restaurant), Tiki Barber did have more to say (surprise) about his war of words with Eli Manning long after I stopped listening to his Sirius <SPAN class=caps>NFL</SPAN> Radio show.

Tiki seemed particularly bothered that Manning allegedly questioned his heart.</P>

“He also said that I didn’t have any heart and he could see it on the field,” Tiki said on The Barber Shop. “I guess I really would have been a Hall of Famer if I had played with heart instead of rushing for 1,650 yards with no heart. Who knows?</P>

“(One) thing that I think every Giants fan knows and why, in some ways, some things ring hollow that Eli said, is I have never, ever, ever not left 100% of myself on the football field. And you can say whatever you want but don’t say that because that’s offensive.”</P>

Actually, though I hate to quibble with a fellow media member -- especially one who makes considerably more than I do -- that’s not exactly what Eli said. He never said Tiki played with no heart. He was criticizing Tiki for saying Tiki lost the heart to play last year.</P>

“I guess I could have questioned his leadership skills last year with calling out the coach and having articles about him retiring in the middle of the season, and (how) he’s lost the heart (to play),” Manning said yesterday. “As a quarterback you’re reading that your running back has lost the heart to play the game and it’s about the 10th week. I can see that a little bit at times.”</P>

That last line (“I can see that a little bit at times”) is certainly debatable, but I don’t see Eli saying anywhere in that statement that Tiki didn’t have any heart.</P>

It’s just another example of a reporter taking an athlete’s words out of context, I guess.</P>

[/quote]</P>

And this is WHY I feel the way that I do...when ppl open their mouths, they open up so much and for what, what is all of this about really? NOTHING! And Tiki is wrong...the article says that Eli states he didn't say anything when he READ (another media thing) after he announced his retirement that he lost his heart to play last year. </P>

But you see Tiki, this is why ppl are angry, b/c now we have to read about our former star RB and our QB's war of words. When all he had to do was leave the personal stuff out of the interview and just talk football...</P>

I'm pissed!</P>

I think these are valid thoughts, i for one still believe that in his World of Tiki, he must have thought that the troops would rally to his cause (possible retirement), they didn't, he painted himself into a corner and pride got him in the end.</P>

how goofy will he feel if this team were to go deep or more?</P>

these grown men have become subsumed by greed and ego and have really lost sight of what a team really is and made of.</P>

Eli and Tiki need to let the crap run down the drain and move on. only thing that will come from this stupid episode of the melo-drama: The Jints be Burning, is more needless and useless chatter.</P>

Frankly and REALISTICALLY Tiki DID carry this team in the final stretch and that's a hard fact that many can't swallow. So did he not give his all out there? Stop smokingcrack...you know he did.</P>

Meanwhile the other 31 NFL teams concentrate on the upcoming season and what they have to do to get a Championship...</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

I think these are valid thoughts, i for one still believe that in his World of Tiki, he must have thought that the troops would rally to his cause (possible retirement), they didn't, he painted himself into a corner and pride got him in the end.</p>

how goofy will he feel if this team were to go deep or more?</p>

these grown men have become subsumed by greed and ego and have really lost sight of what a team really is and made of.</p>

Eli and Tiki need to let the crap run down the drain and move on. only thing that will come from this stupid episode of the melo-drama: The Jints be Burning, is more needless and useless chatter.</p>

Frankly and REALISTICALLY Tiki DID carry this team in the final stretch and that's a hard fact that many can't swallow. So did he not give his all out there? Stop smokingcrack...you know he did.</p>

Meanwhile the other 31 NFL teams concentrate on the upcoming season and what they have to do to get a Championship...</p>[/quote]

totally.......Tiki did carry this team...anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves......we owe a lot to him for what he did on the playing field........

So Eli seems to be willing to let the crap run down the drain and move on with football...
    http://insidefootball.com/blog/

<span>Today for instance, he was cornered by reporters for reactions to
    Barber’s comments last evening and to his credit, the young signal
    caller didn’t duck the issue, saying, “What I said…this is kind of a
    done issue for me. I made some comments (on Wednesday) and now it’s
    over in my eyes. I don’t want to make it into a bigger deal, so I’ll
    try to end it as soon as possible.”</span>

Will Tiki? Based on his track record....I'm not too sure about that......but we will see........

But if any good did come from this....the team actually seems to be united in a strange way....something that has surprised me...................

But....this week's episode of As The Sh*t Turns will come to an end soon enough......

Next week's episode will probably deal with the return/retirement of Strahan........fun fun y'all! [+o(]

An arcade game in Japan called "Arm Spirit" that pits players against the machine in an arm wrestling battle has been recalled after three people suffered broken arms.</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

"We think that maybe some players get over-excited and twist their arms in an unnatural way," a spokesman said... "The machine isn't that strong, much less so than a muscular man. Even women should be able to beat it." </P>

Arm Spirit gamers advance through 10 levels, pitting their strength against a French maid, a drunken martial arts master and a Chihuahua dog before reaching the final challenge - a professional wrestler. </P></BLOCKQUOTE>

[quote user="mjg407"]

An arcade game in Japan called "Arm Spirit" that pits players against the machine in an arm wrestling battle has been recalled after three people suffered broken arms.</p>
    <blockquote>

"We think that maybe some players get over-excited and twist their arms in an unnatural way," a spokesman said... "The machine isn't that strong, much less so than a muscular man. Even women should be able to beat it." </p>

Arm Spirit gamers advance through 10 levels, pitting their strength against a French maid, a drunken martial arts master and a Chihuahua dog before reaching the final challenge - a professional wrestler. </p></blockquote>[/quote]

I got this too in an email yesterday! Because my friend broke his arm, armwrestling 3 weeks ago...

Trust me, you don't know to know what it's like...

Eli and Tiki.... cat fight...</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdQl5fkh8-c</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

An arcade game in Japan called "Arm Spirit" that pits players against the machine in an arm wrestling battle has been recalled after three people suffered broken arms.</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

"We think that maybe some players get over-excited and twist their arms in an unnatural way," a spokesman said... "The machine isn't that strong, much less so than a muscular man. Even women should be able to beat it." </P>

Arm Spirit gamers advance through 10 levels, pitting their strength against a French maid, a drunken martial arts master and a Chihuahua dog before reaching the final challenge - a professional wrestler. </P></BLOCKQUOTE>

[/quote]</P>

LMFAO-- can we say We Todds????</P>

[:O]</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Terminators are real....i thought it was a silly hollywood movie too</FONT></P>

Sometimes it's nice to not be in NY and get the media blast thing you all are facing right now over the Eli/Tiki kitten fight. Jeeze folks are seriously burning their Tiki Jerseys....... Harooni got banned (again) Does anyone want to talk about football? Like Lentz suckkked again in practice.

anybody home?

Morning All. just two days away from the weekend.woot!!!

+ Reply to Thread