+ Reply to Thread
Page 3493 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 249329933393344334833491349234933494349535033543359339934493 ... LastLast
Results 34,921 to 34,930 of 55171

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

I think these are valid thoughts, i for one still believe that in his World of Tiki, he must have thought that the troops would rally to his cause (possible retirement), they didn't, he painted himself into a corner and pride got him in the end.</P>

how goofy will he feel if this team were to go deep or more?</P>

these grown men have become subsumed by greed and ego and have really lost sight of what a team really is and made of.</P>

Eli and Tiki need to let the crap run down the drain and move on. only thing that will come from this stupid episode of the melo-drama: The Jints be Burning, is more needless and useless chatter.</P>

Frankly and REALISTICALLY Tiki DID carry this team in the final stretch and that's a hard fact that many can't swallow. So did he not give his all out there? Stop smokingcrack...you know he did.</P>

Meanwhile the other 31 NFL teams concentrate on the upcoming season and what they have to do to get a Championship...</P>

[/quote]</P>

Well good for Eli I agree that he should have stood up for himself and I'm glad that he's now laying it down and putting it behind him. This thing was so ridiculous but it had to happen and I'm glad it did. </P>

Now moving on...when is Strahan going to make his "Grand Debut"? </P>

</P>

</P>

Veteran

Oh and good morning peoples!

Yo yo yo Bleu!

Strahan is still MIA....they are gonna need to put his face on a milk carton soon............oy!

I'll be back later...I have to get some coffee............

Hey all!!</P>

How is everyone doing lately???</P>

sorry for not being around as often but my new job prevents me from doing that...[] (read: i go to work when y' all going to bed...) but i try to be around as much as possible!!</P>

Any news bout my boy Stray?? and what bout the news of Trotter being released?!?!?</P>

[quote user="DutchGMenFan"]

Hey all!!</P>

How is everyone doing lately???</P>

sorry for not being around as often but my new job prevents me from doing that...[] (read: i go to work when y' all going to bed...) but i try to be around as much as possible!!</P>

Any news bout my boy Stray?? and what bout the news of Trotter being released?!?!?</P>[/quote]Hey Dutchy, I've seen conflicting reports on the Strahan thing. Trotter is a good thing, but I don't see us bringing him here, we have AP. AP and Trotter have some bad blood too.

Oooops, just saw this</P>
    <H3 class=entry-header>Strahan is on the way to New York area</H3>
    <DIV class=entry-content>
    <DIV class=entry-body>

All indications continue to point to Michael Strahan returning to the Giants. </P>

According to a league source with knowledge of Strahan's plans, the Giants' 35-year-old defensive end is expected to return to the New York area from southern California as soon as today or tomorrow, which would put him on schedule to be back with the team by the weekend or perhaps Monday. He could show up in street clothes on the sidelines for the Giants-Jets preseason game Saturday at Giants Stadium. Or else he'd return when the team has its first practice at Giants Stadium on Monday. </P>

That Strahan would return on the day the Giants break camp echoes what we've been hearing in recent days, that he'd return once two-a-days were over. According to a team official, Strahan has not informed the Giants that he's coming back to the area. </P>

There is always the chance that Strahan will remain away from the team and continue his flirtation with retirement, even if he's back in the area. But that is a remote possibility at this point, because he has given strong indications to people close to him that he's ready to return. </P>

Strahan has accrued close to $400,000 in fines as a result of his absence, although there are indications the team is prepared to reduce that amount if he returns to the team. The Giants do not want to further alienate Strahan by pursuing the entire amount, yet they are also sensitive to the fact that eliminating the fines entirely will send the wrong message to other players who might think about staging similar holdouts in the future. </P></DIV>
    <DIV class=entry-more id=more></DIV></DIV>

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]Yo yo yo Bleu!

Strahan is still MIA....they are gonna need to put his face on a milk carton soon............oy!

I'll be back later...I have to get some coffee............

[/quote]

On the way to work, they said that he may retire afterall and that the holdout WAS about money...

WTF is going on?

[quote user="mjg407"]

Oooops, just saw this</p>
    <h3 class="entry-header">Strahan is on the way to New York area</h3>
    <div class="entry-content">
    <div class="entry-body">

All indications continue to point to Michael Strahan returning to the Giants. </p>

According to a league source with knowledge of Strahan's plans, the Giants' 35-year-old defensive end is expected to return to the New York area from southern California as soon as today or tomorrow, which would put him on schedule to be back with the team by the weekend or perhaps Monday. He could show up in street clothes on the sidelines for the Giants-Jets preseason game Saturday at Giants Stadium. Or else he'd return when the team has its first practice at Giants Stadium on Monday. </p>

That Strahan would return on the day the Giants break camp echoes what we've been hearing in recent days, that he'd return once two-a-days were over. According to a team official, Strahan has not informed the Giants that he's coming back to the area. </p>

There is always the chance that Strahan will remain away from the team and continue his flirtation with retirement, even if he's back in the area. But that is a remote possibility at this point, because he has given strong indications to people close to him that he's ready to return. </p>

Strahan has accrued close to $400,000 in fines as a result of his absence, although there are indications the team is prepared to reduce that amount if he returns to the team. The Giants do not want to further alienate Strahan by pursuing the entire amount, yet they are also sensitive to the fact that eliminating the fines entirely will send the wrong message to other players who might think about staging similar holdouts in the future. </p></div>
    <div class="entry-more" id="more"></div></div>[/quote]

haha I posted before I saw this...

It makes no sense, they just reported on ESPN radio this morning that he may retire...

This is really annoying...

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Morning All. just two days away from the weekend.woot!!![/quote]

Sounds like you are beginning to like this thread?? []

Tiki bear and Eli are making up... awwwww</P>
    <H3 class=entry-header>Tiki on Eli: It's enough</H3>
    <DIV class=entry-content>
    <DIV class=entry-body>

You think you're sick and tired of the Tiki Barber-Eli Manning he said-he said soap opera? Well, Eli said yesterday's it's over and done with, and now Tiki says it's time to move on. </P>

Barber is reluctant to say anything else, hoping the controversy will die down. It was not his intention to have it blow up like this, although he understands why it did. </P>

But Barber did say he felt his use of the word "comical" when describing Manning's halting attempts to talk to the team before a game last season was misconstrued. It was that word that seemed to set the whole feud off. </P>

"I was glad he made that speech," Tiki said. "He needed to do that. It was just a matter of him being uncomfortable when he first started talking, and that's where the 'comical' thing came up. It was funny, but I didn't mean it to be critical of him. That's why that whole thing was taken out of context."</P>

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/</P></DIV></DIV>

+ Reply to Thread