+ Reply to Thread
Page 5412 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 4412491253125362540254105411541254135414542254625512 ... LastLast
Results 54,111 to 54,120 of 55172

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

hey bandy

the grass is getting green, the Masters is right around the corner...we might have to use those greens fees I bought us early, I'm getting the itch

FORE

All-Pro

anytime Ban.. i'll shoot you a pm with my cell # </P>

paypal refunded my money from gmenshop.. not too sure what i want to do. i want the shirts but i dont want to wait another 6 weeks for delivery.. </P>

All-Pro

Take that Al Gore..

"Current theories of the causes and impact of global warming have been thrown into question by a new study which shows that during medieval times the whole of the planet heated up.
    It then cooled down naturally and there was even a 'mini ice age'."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...emissions.html

All-Pro

Doublé

[quote user="bandwgn86"]Take that Al Gore..

"Current theories of the causes and impact of global warming have been thrown into question by a new study which shows that during medieval times the whole of the planet heated up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...emissions.html[/quote]
    That occurence in midevil times had to be a natural phenomena. Today, with all the crap we spew into the air and the ocean's I can't say that this time around it is natural... so, perhaps we won't have the same eventual cooling. I do know this... in my 65 years, with 22 being on this mountain, this is the least amount of snow for any winter I've lived. Could be coincidence... we'll see.
    If the warming continues, and the polar ice continues to melt, our Gmen will be playing Synchronized Swimming Football.

Veteran

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bandwgn86"]Take that Al Gore..

That occurence in midevil times had to be a natural phenomena. Today, with all the crap we spew into the air and the ocean's I can't say that this time around it is natural... so, perhaps we won't have the same eventual cooling. I do know this... in my 65 years, with 22 being on this mountain, this is the least amount of snow for any winter I've lived. Could be coincidence... we'll see.
    If the warming continues, and the polar ice continues to melt, our Gmen will be playing Synchronized Swimming Football.[/quote]

Well Zim, the northern ice cap is floating in water, does your iced tea overflow when the ice melts? Water also expands when it freezes which is why ice forms at the top and not the bottom, so if anything when the northern ice cap melts the oceans will recede a bit.

As far as the crap we dump in the air, all a very bad thing, but not because of global warming. The globe as been warming since the last ice age. Only difference now is the rate of temperature rise has slowed over the past 100 years from before it.

Oh and a little thing that the Global warming crowd doesn't like to bring up......most economies will be helped more than hurt with an increase in global temperatures. It will also extend the growing season on both ends making fresh produce more accessible and cheaper. Could also help a bit with world hunger.

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="bandwgn86"]Take that Al Gore..

If the warming continues, and the polar ice continues to melt, our Gmen will be playing Synchronized Swimming Football.[/quote]

Well Zim, the northern ice cap is floating in water, does your iced tea overflow when the ice melts?* Water also expands when it freezes which is why ice forms at the top and not the bottom, so if anything when the northern ice cap melts the oceans will recede a bit.

As far as the crap we dump in the air, all a very bad thing, but not because of global warming.* The globe as been warming since the last ice age.* Only difference now is the rate of temperature rise has slowed over the past 100 years from before it.

Oh and a little thing that the Global warming crowd doesn't like to bring up......most economies will be helped more than hurt with an increase in global temperatures.* It will also extend the growing season on both ends making fresh produce more accessible and cheaper.* Could also help a bit with world hunger.
    [/quote]
    You nare absolutely correct on each point, jm. DUHHH. Mr. Chemical Engineer forget basic displacement rules.
    Yet all the carbon based garbage going into the atmosphere definitely has an effect on our atmosphere, and the stability of the ozone layer, which is very fragile at the poles, and getting worse... and that is our protection from the sun's UV rays.
    Effects and problems will manifest themselves in your lifetime... not mine... which concerns me because I have a 19 yr old grand daughter, and many young friends like you who I want to see grow old in a stable world.
    Yes about warming and crops... On my mountain things are blooming earlier than ever before, which will definitely be welcomed by my gardner son. There are places, however, which will get warmer and more arid than they already are.
    Increased ocean temps are not welcomed by most coral

Well.....don't like the looks of this!!! []</P>

</P>

I love the head in sand outlook that its just natural...all our emissions havent/wont do harm

worst thing they did was call it global warming...if they had only gone with climate change we could avoid all this bs and stop letting the oil lobbyists pay for all this devils advocate science

increased profits....are you ****ing serious?

yes that extended growing season will do wonders with the droughts we are seeing...
    we didnt even get snow this year...ground will be so dry, I'd hate to be a farmer these days...no wonder most are selling their lands for subdivisions and golf courses

but no nothing is happening at all....i look forward to longer drier summers ... and the inevitable war for our fresh water in 10 years

+ Reply to Thread