+ Reply to Thread
Page 3950 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 295034503850390039403948394939503951395239604000405044504950 ... LastLast
Results 39,491 to 39,500 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Veteran

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="Bleu"]Ok so how long before we get to watch our "America's Game" special. I'm sitting here watching the Colts from last year on NFLN and I want ours NOW! I'm getting chills just thinking about it![/quote]</P>

hehe I'm watching it too! Vanderjack is such a jack...</P>

I'm recording the game on Weds so I can have it in High Def!</P>[/quote]

Me too! NFL Replay is the best as well. I wonder what their rings will say. On the Colts rings theirs say "Faith".

They should have say like: Resilency, Redemption, Revenge or something to show the struggle and triumph of this 2007 team.

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Bleu"]Ok so how long before we get to watch our "America's Game" special. I'm sitting here watching the Colts from last year on NFLN and I want ours NOW!

I'm getting chills just thinking about it![/quote]

Every year it seems I need NFLN more and more....this year was the year to have it....

[:$]
    [/quote]

NFLN is just like every network, but its when football season is over that it becomes a big deal. Its like football season never ends. The America's Game series is simply spectacular though. Its my favorite show, I've watched almost every one for every team. Nice way to build football knowledge too.[/quote]

They really need to end this cable dispute and just show it already. I don't mind paying for the channel.
    I just don't feel like switching to another carrier to get it. I already have internet, tv and phone through my cable so it would be a pretty big deal for me to replace all that in one swoop...

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="Bleu"]Ok so how long before we get to watch our "America's Game" special. I'm sitting here watching the Colts from last year on NFLN and I want ours NOW! I'm getting chills just thinking about it![/quote]</P>

hehe I'm watching it too! Vanderjack is such a jack...</P>

I'm recording the game on Weds so I can have it in High Def!</P>[/quote]

Me too! NFL Replay is the best as well. I wonder what their rings will say. On the Colts rings theirs say "Faith".

They should have say like: Resilency, Redemption, Revenge or something to show the struggle and triumph of this 2007 team.

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Gibril called Dawkins and asked for advice....

Do you think we can ever get Gibril to be as scary as Dawkins? Their body types are soooo
    different....
    [/quote]Dawkins can cover, Gibril struggles. Gibril will demand big $$$ this year, not sure if we (Reese) will offer.

[quote user="mjg407"]

Well if SPAGS stays, and IF, we need a safety that can cover. Johnson can, Butler and Gibril can't. Gibril is most likely gone next year, because the market will demand a lot of money for him, and I don't see us matching. Most like Kavika is gone too, but with DeOssie, Tobor, and Wilk now maturing, he may not be needed. We are still solid at DT (Robbins,--- Coefield is a 2yr guy and Alfordwas a Rookie, Tuck resigned)for the next few years, and at DE. Stray will prolly come back. Ross is solid, but RW/Madison are going to be one year older and I'm not sold on Webster as a starter.</p>

O Line, Seubert reserve and slide Diehl back to guard, get a young LT. We are solid in the receiver department, Steve Smith has emerged and if Amani retires, he will be the #2. Moss or Tyree at #3. Our fullback has been signed for a new deal, and Bradshaw and BJ will be around for a bit. Not sure what the contract is with RD. I think Ward is up for contract. Feagles will probably retire. I'm not sold on Tynes.</p>[/quote]

Don't forget Hixon. He can be used as KR and PR and as a 4th WR if need be. He just needs to learn
    the playbook...

I am happy with Toomer, Plax, Smith next year with Tyree as the 4th.

We have Moss and Hixon that can also be used as WR but at this point we really should trade Moss.

I honestly don't see Moss amounting to much.

True, let's put Diehl back to guard and get a good solid LT. Whoever that may be...

We need major depth at LB positions because we saw 2 years ago how horribly we were when
    one by one we lost LBer's...

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Gibril called Dawkins and asked for advice....

Do you think we can ever get Gibril to be as scary as Dawkins? Their body types are soooo
    different....
    [/quote]Dawkins can cover, Gibril struggles. Gibril will demand big $$$ this year, not sure if we (Reese) will offer.[/quote]

Well I do like Gibril and I hope the $$ doesn't get to him too much. He's young and can still learn with the Giants...

I can't beleive our GMEN all have SB rings now....I am just so utterly shocked....

When you talk about Gibril, he's got a ring, Eli? He's got a ring.....Alford? He's got a ring...
    They all do....amazing...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

True, let's put Diehl back to guard and <font size="4">get a good solid LT. </font>Whoever that may be...

[/quote]

What happened with little Whimpy? Isn't he being groomed for that spot?

good morning all. i am using a work PC in the cafeteria...</P>

anyway i OVERLOADED with Jints sports media yesterday, chitcago sports radio was full of a TON of crow-eating LOL</P>

it's great to feel a HUGE emotional payoff from all thoe years of handley, reeves[:@], fassel (whom i liked a bit)</P>

</P>

thank you GIANTS, so much respect for Stray, Amani, Eli, Coughlin, Pierce etc.</P>

Tiki, tiki, tiki, eat your burnt crow, and learn something about HUMILITY, TEAMWORK, ESPRIT D'CORPS!!!</P>

Jeter, please take a hint and LEAD the Yankees to the unthinkable!!!!</P>

GO GIANTS.</P>

everyone have a blessed, safe and good day!!!!</P>

Kev</P>

</P>

PS</P>

oh yeah, <FONT size=6>SPAGS PLEASE DON'T GO !!!!</FONT></P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

</P>

oh yeah, <FONT size=6>SPAGS PLEASE DON'T GO !!!!</FONT></P>

[/quote]</P>

yes please don't. Washington is a crappy place to go as a HC right now, I hope spags realizes that and turns it down. </P>

Just incase anyone is lazy to read the whole article....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ead/index.html

SALARY CAP </p>

New York is projected to have about $20
    million to work with under the $116 million cap (which is up $7 million
    from last year's $109 million), and that's a better position than the
    Giants were in last year at this time. In terms of salary cap room, New
    York is in the upper third of the league. Even better, the Super Bowl
    champs don't have a very daunting list of its own free agents to worry
    about, so general manager Jerry Reese has said the Giants should be able to do their fair share of shopping in the market.</p>

FREE AGENCY </p>

Locking up starting free safety Gibril Wilson
    is New York's clear-cut No. 1 priority in terms of its own unrestricted
    free agents. Safety is already a weak spot on the depth chart, and
    losing Wilson would only compound the problem. The Giants would also
    like to retain weakside linebacker Kawika Mitchell, although they won't break the bank for him because they're also high on Gerris Wilkinson, a promising second-year player who performed behind Mitchell in 2007.</p>

New York's other free-agent linebacker, Reggie Torbor, became a starter only after 2006 first-round pick Mathias Kiwanuka
    -- a converted defensive end -- was injured and lost for the season.
    The Giants are not expected to make much effort to keep Torbor. New
    York will gladly let defensive tackle William Joseph reach free
    agency. The team's 2003 first-round pick missed almost all of the
    season with a back injury and has been a complete bust in his five
    years in New York.</p>

The Giants would like to retain soon-to-be 42-year-old punter Jeff Feagles,
    and during Super Bowl week Feagles didn't sound like a guy inclined to
    retire even if he finally won a ring in his 20th NFL season. New York
    could keep kicker Lawrence Tynes, but his inconsistency could also prompt the Giants to look in another direction.</p>

Given Ahmad Bradshaw's emergence, reserve running back Derrick Ward will probably be allowed to walk, as will longsnapper Ryan Kuehl. The Giants had two rookie snappers this season, Jay Alford and Zak DeOssie, and both were solid. No. 3 quarterback Jared Lorenzen could return, but only for a minimum deal, with the realization that New York wants an experienced backup behind Eli Manning.</p>

+ Reply to Thread