+ Reply to Thread
Page 3970 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 297034703870392039603968396939703971397239804020407044704970 ... LastLast
Results 39,691 to 39,700 of 55171

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="mjg407"]I just want to say that I'm sorry to my east coast friends. I guess it's going to snow there today.[/quote]</P>

No apologies necassary. I love the snow. I think we will be getting rain up here in Boston and it won't start till tomorrow.</P>

[/quote]I've been really spoiled by this NORCAL weather. It was a rainy and cold Jan, and I'm happy to see the sun again! </P>

Hey, can we discuss the draft and needs? I looked at the NFL Draft forum, but it's like a bunch of kids that are playing madden. </P>

One site had us drafting Dan Conner LB Penn State at #32, but I don't see him being around. I do see the OT from USC still around at 32 and he may be what we need, because I think we lack depth (and I mean quality depth) at O-line, but I don't know how Koets or Whimpy are progressing.</P>
    <H1>Dan Connor LB 63 233 Penn St. </H1>

<SPAN class=maintext>By: Robert Davis</SPAN> </P>

<SPAN class=article>Connor came to Penn St. with lofty expectations and he has delivered on those, then some. Despite only starting four games as a freshman, he had 85 tackles, 4.5 for loss, a sack, and an interception earning Freshman All American honors. As a sophomore, he had 76 tackles, 5.5 for loss, and 1.5 sacks. It all came together as a junior, where he was arguably the top linebacker in college football. He finished the year with 113 tackles, nine for loss, five sacks, and two interceptions on the year. Connor saved his best for last, as he finished his senior season with 145 tackles, 15 for loss, 6.5 sacks, and an interception.

Connor is an all around standout linebacker. He is a player that can make the big play, but also the type of player you count on to lead your defense and consistently be around the action. He is athletic, and has the quickness and speed to cover in space. The rare trait he has, is that he has a knack for finding the ball and making a play on it that most linebackers do not possess. He also has the toughness and strength to stick his nose in between the tackles and stuff the run. He is the prototypical linebacker, and has everything you look for in a linebacker prospect.

Connor is about as complete a linebacker as you can find, but he could stand to add a few more pounds to his frame. He will need more bulk and strength to hold up at the point attack in the running game against NFL blockers. He is not an athletic freak either, but he is not lacking either.

Connor may be a better prospect than Paul Posluszny who was taken in the second round by the Bills last year. Another huge season has him in contention to be the first outside linebacker selected in April. He will need a good workout to keep off Keith Rivers, but he is still a first rounder no matter what. </SPAN></P>

[/quote]</P>

To be honest, I'm a little bit surprised we resigned Tynes for as long as we did. The boys in the FO must not see any worthy prospects in FA or the draft.</P>

I wonder if Tynes has some blackmail photos of TC and Reese?[:$] I don't understand we don't resign Feeley last year, and we resign Tynes who chokes quite a bit?

[quote user="mjg407"]I wonder if Tynes has some blackmail photos of TC and Reese?[:$] I don't understand we don't resign Feeley last year, and we resign Tynes who chokes quite a bit?[/quote]</P>

And did I read we signed him for 5 years? I agree- hemust have photos.............of something</P>

</P>

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="mjg407"]I wonder if Tynes has some blackmail photos of TC and Reese?[:$] I don't understand we don't resign Feeley last year, and we resign Tynes who chokes quite a bit?[/quote]</P>

And did I read we signed him for 5 years? I agree- hemust have photos.............of something</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

yeah, I am hoping this is one of those ambiguous reports that is more rumor than truth. At least make him compete for the job. </P>

I think we need to draft another CB, LB, DE, OT/G, and here are my thoughts on each position</P>

QB - Eli is durable, and the need to bring in a vet to push him is not really needed. We many look at some Undrafted FA like we do every year, but expect the hefty left to be around.</P>

RB - Bradshaw will be the starter, let me repeat, he will be the starter, our line is built around his running style, BJ has durability and vision issues. Next year Bradshaw, BJ, RD, ward will be picked up by another team for a 3rd or 4th pick</P>

FB - Hedge**** is here to stay. Finn will retire.</P>

WR - Solid for at least one more year. Plax and Toomer with Smith the hier apparant for Toomer. Tyree, Moss, and Jennings will compete for the 4th and 5th. Moss may be odd man out. I see Hixon returning as well and he has emerged as our return man.</P>

DT - Alford, Coefield - young, Robbins Solid, Wright and Davis- solid. Buh bye Willie Joe - Maybe a late pick or a target of opportunity.</P>

DE - Tuck and Osi, stray if he returns, Awasom will be cut, and Toefield will stay. If Stray retires, need to draft another, because you can never pick enough - I'm talking 2nd to 3rd round</P>

LBrs - Pierce, Kiwi will be starters, interesting to see if we resign Tobor and Mitchell, Wilkenson is entering his third year and is emergining, and DeOssie and Chase are solid. I see this being a day one pick.</P>

CB -Ross is great. RW/Madison are getting old and slow. I'm not sure on Webster. Dockery/Pope are solid guys to, I'm thinking day one pick.</P>

S - Do we resign Gibril? I dunno. But we have a young secondary (Dahl, Johnson R, and Butler). Maybe a day two pick if Gibril resigns, day one pick if we don't.</P>

OT - Diehl should move back to guard, because he does have trouble with the speed rushers. Seubert is getting older as well. Not sure if Whimpy or Koets are ready to start. Karreem is getting long in the tooth too, so we need a day one OT</P>

TE - Shockey, Boss, Matthews and sign a Undrafted FA to the practice squad.</P>

What is up with Chris Berman? link

Someone at ESPN don't like Berman too much!</P>

I still love him!</P>

hey guys, i haven't really seen much college ball this year, or read up on who is going to be available, but i would like to see a safety brought in.

and also, how cool is it that we get the 32nd pick by rights this year???? we didn't trade to get it, we earned it!

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]hey guys, i haven't really seen much college ball this year, or read up on who is going to be available, but i would like to see a safety brought in.

and also, how cool is it that we get the 32nd pick by rights this year???? we didn't trade to get it, we earned it!
    [/quote]</P>

Lol, we did EARN it!</P>

All-Pro

How's everyone doing? It's been a little while since I've been here, but I see we can have sigs. now. What's up with that?

lol</P>

+ Reply to Thread