+ Reply to Thread
Page 3984 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 298434843884393439743982398339843985398639944034408444844984 ... LastLast
Results 39,831 to 39,840 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]

I think we need to draft another CB, LB, DE, OT/G, and here are my thoughts on each position</p>

QB - Eli is durable, and the need to bring in a vet to push him is not really needed. We many look at some Undrafted FA like we do every year, but expect the hefty left to be around.</p>

RB - Bradshaw will be the starter, let me repeat, he will be the starter, our line is built around his running style, BJ has durability and vision issues. Next year Bradshaw, BJ, RD, ward will be picked up by another team for a 3rd or 4th pick</p>

FB - Hedge**** is here to stay. Finn will retire.</p>

WR - Solid for at least one more year. Plax and Toomer with Smith the hier apparant for Toomer. Tyree, Moss, and Jennings will compete for the 4th and 5th. Moss may be odd man out. I see Hixon returning as well and he has emerged as our return man.</p>

DT - Alford, Coefield - young, Robbins Solid, Wright and Davis- solid. Buh bye Willie Joe - Maybe a late pick or a target of opportunity.</p>

DE - Tuck and Osi, stray if he returns, Awasom will be cut, and Toefield will stay. If Stray retires, need to draft another, because you can never pick enough - I'm talking 2nd to 3rd round</p>

LBrs - Pierce, Kiwi will be starters, interesting to see if we resign Tobor and Mitchell, Wilkenson is entering his third year and is emergining, and DeOssie and Chase are solid. I see this being a day one pick.</p>

CB -Ross is great. RW/Madison are getting old and slow. I'm not sure on Webster. Dockery/Pope are solid guys to, I'm thinking day one pick.</p>

S - Do we resign Gibril? I dunno. But we have a young secondary (Dahl, Johnson R, and Butler). Maybe a day two pick if Gibril resigns, day one pick if we don't.</p>

OT - Diehl should move back to guard, because he does have trouble with the speed rushers. Seubert is getting older as well. Not sure if Whimpy or Koets are ready to start. Karreem is getting long in the tooth too, so we need a day one OT</p>

TE - Shockey, Boss, Matthews and sign a Undrafted FA to the practice squad.</p>[/quote]

Was this posted here or on TAGF? Anyways...let me take a look here.....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

Was this posted here or on TAGF? Anyways...let me take a look here.....

[/quote]here, I try not to post in TAGF much.

Off to work... cya

QB - Eli is durable, and the need to bring in a vet to push him is not really needed. We many look at some Undrafted FA like we do every year, but expect the hefty left to be around.

<font color="#000080">Before last season, I thought Eli may have needed some HEALTHY competition. What we need is a smart, conservative
    veteran QB that can still play the game to fill in if Eli ever gets hurt. Not a #2 that still thinks he's
    a #1 and will try to win that spot. Anyone going into #2 knows they have no chance unless Eli gets hurt.
    I still don't know what JLoad can do if he had to cover for Eli for a couple of games....
    </font>

RB - Bradshaw will be the starter, let me repeat, he will be the starter, our line is built around his running style, BJ has durability and vision issues. Next year Bradshaw, BJ, RD, ward will be picked up by another team for a 3rd or 4th pick

<font color="#000080">I'm glad you picked up on my issues with BJ. As far as durability goes, we don't know if Bradshaw can go a full
    season either! But, the key is rotation. Keep the backs healthy. <font color="#ff1493">I'm confused though you think that BJ and Bradshaw
    will be picked up by another team? I think you mean just RD and Ward correct?</font>
    </font>

FB - Hedge**** is here to stay. Finn will retire.
    <font color="#000080">
    Agreed. Finn could go elsewhere, maybe to Arizona for another year. That's where everyone goes before they
    settle into the sunset, no pun intended...</font>

WR - Solid for at least one more year. Plax and Toomer with Smith the hier apparant for Toomer. Tyree, Moss, and Jennings will compete for the 4th and 5th. Moss may be odd man out. I see Hixon returning as well and he has emerged as our return man.

<font color="#000080">Yes, our WR core is solid for this year only because Toomer is still here. I don't know if Toomer will be back
    after that. The honest truth about Tyree which is very odd being that he is not part of the best catch in SB
    history is that he really does have pretty bad hands....
    Plax, Smith and possibly Hixon would be our WR's in 2009 season. I have my doubts about Moss and Tyree. And Jennings
    I don't think is durable enough. If Hixon does become #3, we would need a KR/PR because for 2008, I believe Hixon
    will perform both jobs...</font>

DT - Alford, Coefield - young, Robbins Solid, Wright and Davis- solid. Buh bye Willie Joe - Maybe a late pick or a target of opportunity.

<font color="#000080">Yes BUH BYE WJ!! You were good for absolutely nothing!</font>

DE - Tuck and Osi, stray if he returns, Awasom will be cut, and Toefield will stay. If Stray retires, need to draft another, because you can never pick enough - I'm talking 2nd to 3rd round

<font color="#000080">Yes keep picking pass rushers......that is our strength.....</font>

LBrs - Pierce, Kiwi will be starters, interesting to see if we resign Tobor and Mitchell, Wilkenson is entering his third year and is emergining, and DeOssie and Chase are solid. I see this being a day one pick.

<font color="#000080">We are good for LB core. I beleive Mitchell will be back, but not Torbor.</font>

CB -Ross is great. RW/Madison are getting old and slow. I'm not sure on Webster. Dockery/Pope are solid guys to, I'm thinking day one pick.

<font color="#000080">I'm not sold on Webster just yet. I like Dockery, haven't seen enough of Pope yet...but he's one fast CB.....
    I believe POpe has issues playing the ball though....might get a lot of PI's from him.....</font>

S - Do we resign Gibril? I dunno. But we have a young secondary (Dahl, Johnson R, and Butler). Maybe a day two pick if Gibril resigns, day one pick if we don't.

<font color="#000080">GW is still unknown at this point. I really haven't paid much attention to Dahl or Johnson so we'll have to see.
    But Johnson had the balls to fall asleep and yawn at the City Hall ceremony!!!!</font>

OT - Diehl should move back to guard, because he does have trouble with the speed rushers. Seubert is getting older as well. Not sure if Whimpy or Koets are ready to start. Karreem is getting long in the tooth too, so we need a day one OT

<font color="#000080">
    Yes our OL need to stay YOUNG! Diehl played great as a filler in the LT position but put him back at guard.
    I have seen too many speed rushers blow right by him...so let's get a solid LT....I'm also concerned about Kareem as well...I do see him useful for at least one more year..</font>

TE - Shockey, Boss, Matthews and sign a Undrafted FA to the practice squad.

<font color="#000080">This Boss kid is just a solid hard working kid from Oregon. I think he's the type of player the organization likes.
    I do beleive SHockey will be back but the team will deal him for a good deal, trust me on that, especially if the deal involves positions they are looking to upgrade....

The key here is also, WILL SHOCKEY WORKOUT IN MIAMI??</font>

QB - Eli is durable, and the need to bring in a vet to push him is not really needed. We many look at some Undrafted FA like we do every year, but expect the hefty left to be around.

<FONT color=#000080>Before last season, I thought Eli may have needed some HEALTHY competition. What we need is a smart, conservative
    veteran QB that can still play the game to fill in if Eli ever gets hurt. Not a #2 that still thinks he's
    a #1 and will try to win that spot. Anyone going into #2 knows they have no chance unless Eli gets hurt.
    I still don't know what JLoad can do if he had to cover for Eli for a couple of games....
    </FONT><FONT color=#008000>I really think we should look at Brunell, he knows the Gillbride Offence and he's a guy we can pick up cheap and won't want to fight ELI for the starter position. </FONT>

RB - Bradshaw will be the starter, let me repeat, he will be the starter, our line is built around his running style, BJ has durability and vision issues. Next year Bradshaw, BJ, RD. <FONT color=#008000>Ward will be picked up by another team for a 3rd or 4th pick
    </FONT>

<FONT color=#000080>I'm glad you picked up on my issues with BJ. As far as durability goes, we don't know if Bradshaw can go a full
    season either! But, the key is rotation. Keep the backs healthy. <FONT color=#ff1493>I'm confused though you think that BJ and Bradshaw
    will be picked up by another team? I think you mean just RD and Ward correct?</FONT><FONT color=#008000> Fixed it, there are lot of folks who are stating we need to keep Ward, I don't see why, has he made it one season without injury?</FONT>
    </FONT>

FB - Hedge**** is here to stay. Finn will retire.
    <FONT color=#000080>
    Agreed. Finn could go elsewhere, maybe to Arizona for another year. That's where everyone goes before they settle into the sunset, no pun intended...</FONT>

WR - Solid for at least one more year. Plax and Toomer with Smith the hier apparant for Toomer. Tyree, Moss, and Jennings will compete for the 4th and 5th. Moss may be odd man out. I see Hixon returning as well and he has emerged as our return man.

<FONT color=#000080>Yes, our WR core is solid for this year only because Toomer is still here. I don't know if Toomer will be back after that. The honest truth about Tyree which is very odd being that he is not part of the best catch in SB history is that he really does have pretty bad hands....
    Plax, Smith and possibly Hixon would be our WR's in 2009 season. I have my doubts about Moss and Tyree. And Jennings I don't think is durable enough. If Hixon does become #3, we would need a KR/PR because for 2008, I believe Hixon will perform both jobs...</FONT><FONT color=#006400> Unless we see a speedster in the 2nd day, I don't see the use of wasting a pick on a day one receiver. Watch the playoff games again, Steve Smith is playing at the level of a 4 year pro. </FONT>

DT - Alford, Coefield - young, Robbins Solid, Wright and Davis- solid. Buh bye Willie Joe - Maybe a late pick or a target of opportunity.

<FONT color=#000080>Yes BUH BYE WJ!! You were good for absolutely nothing!</FONT>

DE - Tuck and Osi, stray if he returns, Awasom will be cut, and Toefield will stay. If Stray retires, need to draft another, because you can never pick enough - I'm talking 2nd to 3rd round

<FONT color=#000080>Yes keep picking pass rushers......that is our strength.....</FONT>

LBrs - Pierce, Kiwi will be starters, interesting to see if we resign Tobor and Mitchell, Wilkenson is entering his third year and is emergining, and DeOssie and Chase are solid. I see this being a day one pick.

<FONT color=#000080>We are good for LB core. I beleive Mitchell will be back, but not Torbor. </FONT><FONT color=#006400>What makes you think that? I would like to see more of DeOssie during passing downs. The kid has wheels, he snaps the punts, yet is one of the first guys downfield and making contact.</FONT>

CB -Ross is great. RW/Madison are getting old and slow. I'm not sure on Webster. Dockery/Pope are solid guys to, I'm thinking day one pick.

<FONT color=#000080>I'm not sold on Webster just yet. I like Dockery, haven't seen enough of Pope yet...but he's one fast CB.....I believe POpe has issues playing the ball though....might get a lot of PI's from him.....</FONT><FONT color=#006400>POPE is an UFA, so there was doubts, but so was Dockery and Underwood. I think this is a day one draft need. More than LBr. CBs cost way too much in the FA market.</FONT>

S - Do we resign Gibril? I dunno. But we have a young secondary (Dahl, Johnson R, and Butler). Maybe a day two pick if Gibril resigns, day one pick if we don't.

<FONT color=#000080>GW is still unknown at this point. I really haven't paid much attention to Dahl or Johnson so we'll have to see. But Johnson had the balls to fall asleep and yawn at the City Hall ceremony!!!!</FONT>

OT - Diehl should move back to guard, because he does have trouble with the speed rushers. Seubert is getting older as well. Not sure if Whimpy or Koets are ready to start. Karreem is getting long in the tooth too, so we need a day one OT

<FONT color=#000080>
    Yes our OL need to stay YOUNG! Diehl played great as a filler in the LT position but put him back at guard.
    I have seen too many speed rushers blow right by him...so let's get a solid LT....I'm also concerned about Kareem as well...I do see him useful for at least one more year..</FONT><FONT color=#006400>I was rewatching the playoff games and Whimpy did well against Tampa Bay. </FONT>

TE - Shockey, Boss, Matthews and sign a Undrafted FA to the practice squad.

<FONT color=#000080>This Boss kid is just a solid hard working kid from Oregon. I think he's the type of player the organization likes.
    I do beleive SHockey will be back but the team will deal him for a good deal, trust me on that, especially if the deal involves positions they are looking to upgrade....

The key here is also, WILL SHOCKEY WORKOUT IN MIAMI??</FONT>

Brunell wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Plus he would already be comfortable with TC!!!
    Some are saying Trent Green too the problem with him isn't so much his age, he's just not
    winning games, even as a starter.

Ward can go, we don't need another person to take up a roster spot only to go on IR...
    Sorry Ward....I knew you couldn't make it through the entire season and you proved me right.
    Go con another team that you can do it....

Picking up Mitchell isn't TOP priority, but it's definitely on Reese's agenda. I read an article somewhere
    saying that they want him back and plan to make an offer, BUT will not blow their budget to keep him.

I can't tell you how impressed I am with Steve Smith, I've never seen anyone play that great as a rookie.
    It's just unbelievable, this team just saved itslef 3-4 years waiting for a WR to mature, we have him NOW and we have him YOUNG and HEALTHY.....

I really like Reese's backbone when it comes to overpaying players. In fact, I love it! Maybe because I'm frugal myself and I just don't believe players are worth half of what they are making these days.
    What's sad is that they are continually trying to push the salary limits...

We are beyond the point of what someone is worth and what they can produce on the field....

I just went to this awesome place in town that makes the BEST grilled chicken panini ever!!

It's kind of a yuppy place if you know what I mean but I don't care...anyways, I just completely
    downed it....and had a side of their homemade split pea soup....expensive as all hell for lunch
    but damn was it good!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I just went to this awesome place in town that makes the BEST grilled chicken panini ever!!

It's kind of a yuppy place if you know what I mean but I don't care...anyways, I just completely
    downed it....and had a side of their homemade split pea soup....expensive as all hell for lunch
    but damn was it good!!
    [/quote]</P>

AG,</P>

You will love this line</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VjsomPd3ms</P>

<H2>Giants Release Jim Finn</H2>
    <DIV class=byline>
    <DIV class=byline_left>

By Rich O'Callaghan | February 14th, 2008</P></DIV>
    <DIV class=byline_right>
    <DIV class=byline_tools>

E-mail | Print | Share</P></DIV></DIV></DIV>

The Giants released former starting fullback Jim Finn. His release was definately coming this offseason, due to the fact that Madison Hedge**** was signed to a long tem extention in November.</P>

Note: I have also heard today that Parcells and his Miami Dolphins are expected to have major interest in Gibril Wilson if he gets to free agency. Now is the time to lock him up long term JR, there are no halfway decent safties hitting the market, and the draft class is weak after Kenny Phillips. The price may be high, but paying it will beat the alternatives.</P>

I just read GW is looking for 11 million.... I don't see him being worth that much money.

+ Reply to Thread