+ Reply to Thread
Page 4456 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 345639564356440644464454445544564457445844664506455649565456 ... LastLast
Results 44,551 to 44,560 of 55172

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

HOLY MOLY!!

DOW CLOSES +968!!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

</P>

Wow, teaching acceptance and tolerance and rights for citizens of all types. What has this world come to?</P>

[/quote]

No, I am very open minded. What I don't like is subliminal ways to force views on someone else.

Kids are young and innocent and don't know what is considered education versus forcing your views on them via "educational" means....does that make any sense?

I am all for freedom to live your life however you see fit.....

My point is, don't confuse them at such an early age....

[/quote]</P>

With all due respect, I hardly figure it a "subliminal" tactic. First off, I would assume parents were informed of the feild trip their children were partaking in. I totally agree that children are innocent and impressionable (sp). It is a great time to teach tolerance of othersand to begin understanding that not all people are the same. I hardly think that because a student attended a same sexwedding that he or she is now more likely to become gay, strictly due to that experience. Many people still believe that prayer has it's place in school. I am undecided on that one. I believe a "Pledge of Allegiance" is great for kids. Thing is, many folks state that the bible says that being gay is a sin. So as long as one side is being represented, why not have the other side represented. </P>

Just my .02</P>

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

With all due respect, I hardly figure it a "subliminal" tactic. First off, I would assume parents were informed of the feild trip their children were partaking in. I totally agree that children are innocent and impressionable (sp). It is a great time to teach tolerance of othersand to begin understanding that not all people are the same. I hardly think that because a student attended a same sexwedding that he or she is now more likely to become gay, strictly due to that experience. Many people still believe that prayer has it's place in school. I am undecided on that one. I believe a "Pledge of Allegiance" is great for kids. Thing is, many folks state that the bible says that being gay is a sin. So as long as one side is being represented, why not have the other side represented. </p>

Just my .02</p>[/quote]Good point, I know we have to sign a permission slip for each individual "field trip" so the parents should (key is should) have been able to decline. This sounds like a charter school so it may have a different set of rules. I'm glad that you support the pledge, a lot of folks are trying to get rid of if.

I know you wouldn't call me a fascist. This guy on another MB is just a butthole. I think the discussion was over NSA monitoring soldiers calls from Iraq (which is a no duh) on government lines.

With all due respect, I hardly figure it a "subliminal" tactic. First off, I would assume parents were informed of the feild trip their children were partaking in. I totally agree that children are innocent and impressionable (sp). It is a great time to teach tolerance of othersand to begin understanding that not all people are the same. I hardly think that because a student attended a same sexwedding that he or she is now more likely to become gay, strictly due to that experience. Many people still believe that prayer has it's place in school. I am undecided on that one. I believe a "Pledge of Allegiance" is great for kids. Thing is, many folks state that the bible says that being gay is a sin. So as long as one side is being represented, why not have the other side represented. </p>

Just my .02</p>[/quote]

Well, we will have to agree to disagree, what if the parents are both male or female? Of COURSE they will sign off on it....but since we don't know the parents status, there's no use in trying to guess....

What I don't like are people trying to rub it in....if you're gay, fine, go and do normal human things, don't walk around all flamboyant and rub it in people's faces that you are gay....

I'm a Giants fan but I don't go walking around screaming, "Giants rule!!"

So just because gay marriage is starting to become the norm now, I don't see the need to send 1st graders to see you getting married and making a whole show about it. Go do it and be happy with your significant other, no need to broadcast it to everyone...

As for the pledge, it is part religion and part patriotic. I'm not the most patriotic nor do I pretend to be. But this country does need a culture of its own, and it does need to have patriotism. We can't become a culture so concerned about being politically correct that we are just a bunch of robots...

Why must we remove our history from our founding fathers and their belief's?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

With all due respect, I hardly figure it a "subliminal" tactic. First off, I would assume parents were informed of the feild trip their children were partaking in. I totally agree that children are innocent and impressionable (sp). It is a great time to teach tolerance of othersand to begin understanding that not all people are the same. I hardly think that because a student attended a same sexwedding that he or she is now more likely to become gay, strictly due to that experience. Many people still believe that prayer has it's place in school. I am undecided on that one. I believe a "Pledge of Allegiance" is great for kids. Thing is, many folks state that the bible says that being gay is a sin. So as long as one side is being represented, why not have the other side represented. </P>

Just my .02</P>

[/quote]

Well, we will have to agree to disagree, what if the parents are both male or female? Of COURSE they will sign off on it....but since we don't know the parents status, there's no use in trying to guess....

What I don't like are people trying to rub it in....if you're gay, fine, go and do normal human things, don't walk around all flamboyant and rub it in people's faces that you are gay....

I'm a Giants fan but I don't go walking around screaming, "Giants rule!!"

So just because gay marriage is starting to become the norm now, I don't see the need to send 1st graders to see you getting married and making a whole show about it. Go do it and be happy with your significant other, no need to broadcast it to everyone...

As for the pledge, it is part religion and part patriotic. I'm not the most patriotic nor do I pretend to be. But this country does need a culture of its own, and it does need to have patriotism. We can't become a culture so concerned about being politically correct that we are just a bunch of robots...

Why must we remove our history from our founding fathers and their belief's?

[/quote]</P>

I agree with your second part (pledge)</P>

I also agree that we will have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't know where to start with your first part. Being a flamboyant gay has nothing to do with a teacher wanting to show a ceremony celebrating the love between two people, regardless of gender. Being flamboyantly gay is just as annoying as a man and woman sucking face in public, in my mind. There are idiots in every type of group.</P>

I agree with your second part (pledge)</p>

I also agree that we will have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't know where to start with your first part. Being a flamboyant gay has nothing to do with a teacher wanting to show a ceremony celebrating the love between two people, regardless of gender. Being flamboyantly gay is just as annoying as a man and woman sucking face in public, in my mind. There are idiots in every type of group.</p>[/quote]

Yes agreed...

All I'm saying is I don't know the last time a teacher ever invited their 1st graders to go see them get married. How's this for an example.....

When interracial dating started to become "ok", do you think any teachers invited their 1st graders to show them marrying a different race?

I don't know the answer to this either.....and I have no idea what the answer would be....

Back to my point about patriotism, in a way, I could say I went Obama-style after 911...

You know when every single car had the American flag flapping in the wind? I didn't do it...nor did I want to or feel compelled to do it...I didn't feel any less patriotic not doing it...
    I guess in a way, you can say Obama copied me when he didn't wear the American flag pin....during his campaigns....

[]

Hey hey..... I'm voting for Sammy Stephens for pres. I heard he will make banking just like a mini-mall.

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey hey..... I'm voting for Sammy Stephens for pres. I heard he will make banking just like a mini-mall.
    [/quote]</P>

Plus you know he can work both sides of the aisle. He says so in his diddy. "To the left, to the left, to the right, to the right". </P>

All-Pro

Let's Go Giants.

17-7 Browns?

How come our defense looks very very average?

+ Reply to Thread