+ Reply to Thread
Page 4581 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 35814081448145314571457945804581458245834591463146815081 ... LastLast
Results 45,801 to 45,810 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]Aw! How sweet! Plaxie sent us a Christmas card!
    <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=cards/081222/burress">
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=cards/081222/burress</a>

How thoughtful!
    [/quote]

Plax has really brought us some comic relief!!!
    [/quote]

I know right? LOL... I know it's a terrible situation but the fact that there's all this satire about it out there is just great. The Landline YouTube video... the cartoons... the photoshops... it's a bad situation, but it's nice to see we're all having a little bit of fun with it.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    It really and truly is. One day we will all know what that feels like. We will be rich!
    [/quote]

Yes, we will be rich, and then wake up! Then find out the average bench player makes $50K a pop(literally) and the super athletes make a $1 billion veteran minimum....

Then they will have charities where they donate say $10,000 and people will say, "Awww! They are sooo nice, that is so much money!!"

Then after the charity they will blow $50K at a strip club...

We'll have "specialized" players who don't play every day because we need them for just those super duper crucial moments...and we'll sign players that only play in the postseason!

Do I sound bitter? I'm really not!! [:P]

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]Aw! How sweet! Plaxie sent us a Christmas card!
    <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=cards/081222/burress">
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=cards/081222/burress</a>

How thoughtful!
    [/quote]

Plax has really brought us some comic relief!!!
    [/quote]

I know right? LOL... I know it's a terrible situation but the fact that there's all this satire about it out there is just great. The Landline YouTube video... the cartoons... the photoshops... it's a bad situation, but it's nice to see we're all having a little bit of fun with it.
    [/quote]

It's all good and fun. I don't mind it at all...

As far as the players salaries. The sky is literally the limit. You see, the OWNERS just can't help themselves, they really can't. If they have the money, they HAVE to have that player. Boras would make a good psychologist, he knows what the owners are thinking, he knows how to play their mind...

Boras paints the most beautiful picture as if your high on "something" to all the owners.
    The owners sit back and smile and start dreaming, "yes...yes Boras, I can see it...I can see it.."

Then while the owners are high, he gets them to sign the contract....

To all you Asian for HC moles that live in this thread and don't come out, MERRY XMAS. Talk to u guys after the Minny game

(unless i get the new laptop up and running before then)
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
    It really and truly is. One day we will all know what that feels like. We will be rich!
    [/quote]

Yes, we will be rich, and then wake up! Then find out the average bench player makes $50K a pop(literally) and the super athletes make a $1 billion veteran minimum....

Then they will have charities where they donate say $10,000 and people will say, "Awww! They are sooo nice, that is so much money!!"

Then after the charity they will blow $50K at a strip club...

We'll have "specialized" players who don't play every day because we need them for just those super duper crucial moments...and we'll sign players that only play in the postseason!

Do I sound bitter? I'm really not!! [:P]

[/quote]
    No not at all. You sound like you are full of glee for the holidays.

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="bigblue4417"]<h1><font size="3">Mark Teixeira agreed to a $180 million deal with the Yankees. We
    broke down his '08 stats to translate his annual salary ($22.5 million).</font></h1>To find out how long it takes Mark Texeira, CC, or Johan among others to earn your wages click here
    <a>
    </a>http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...leteId=3708899

<div class="text-cont"><div class="text-pos"><h1><font size="3">Mark Texeira will make $50,000 after the following...</font></h1><div class="sub-text"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="150"><span class="result">.39</span> Hits</td><td width="150"><span class="result">.07</span> Home Runs</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="150"><span class="result">1.28</span> At-bats </td><td width="150"><span class="result">.27</span> RBI</td></tr></tbody></table><div class="year">

You will need to <font color="#0000ff">work 450 years</font> in order to make Mark Texeira's annual salary. OUCH!!!
    </div>

</div>
    </div>
    </div><a>
    </a>[/quote]

Ouch is right. Holy crap.
    [/quote]
    1 at bat and he makes more than me in an entire year. It is crazy. Comes to the plate. Pops out to 2nd. $50,000
    [/quote]

it's absolutely mind boggling and hard to comprehend isn't it?

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I'm still trying to comprehend that. So for all those October strikeouts A-Rod has, he makes more than you do in an entire year? WTF? That's insane.

I love my Yankees and love the fact they got all that dough to throw around to put the best product on the field, but something's gotta be done about these athlete salaries. I mean, I know they should make more because their careers don't last as long as say a guy who works in a cubicle, but come on.... 50 grand for 1 at bat? That's insanity!

I wonder what it's like for NFL salaries.
    [/quote]
    I know right. It is totally mind blowing. 1 fly ball. There are like 8 other baseball players you can do that for. I bet Arod makes 50.000 for putting on his batting gloves. lol.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    I know right. It is totally mind blowing. 1 fly ball. There are like 8 other baseball players you can do that for. I bet Arod makes 50.000 for putting on his batting gloves. lol.
    [/quote]

Someone needs to do one of those Mastercard commercials where they break down all the little things at cost....

I'm all for what the Yankees did, it's business, I'm glad I'm a Yankees fan and it's the very reason that America is what she is. But damnnn, I know if I were a fan of another team, I would really hate the Yankees...

Let's not all forget our favorite gal on Xmas....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Let's not all forget our favorite gal on Xmas....

[/quote]

She looks clean and sane now.......that's good!

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"][quote user="AsianGiant"]Let's not all forget our favorite gal on Xmas....

[img][/img]
    [/quote]

She looks clean and sane now.......that's good!

[/quote]

well clean....lets not get ahead of ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread