+ Reply to Thread
Page 5482 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 44824982538254325472548054815482548354845492 ... LastLast
Results 54,811 to 54,820 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

  1. #54811
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    i support the 2nd Amendment as well, and as a Military Veteran I fully believe in gun/ weapon education, training and safety.

    banning ASSAULT weapons and high capacity magazines, in my opinion is a no-brainer. Leave high-powered weaponry/ equipment in the hands of the Law Enforcement and Military people of our Nation.

    I intend to purchase a few weapons, handguns and shotguns mostly for personal defense/ home protection and small-game hunting.

    but to support the NRA spokesperson, our CHILDREN are EXPOSED to large amounts of violence through video games, TV, Movies, Music a.k.a the Media and its various sources.

    Gun safety begins at home.

    The cornerstone to every Civilization has ALWAYS been the FAMILY and its core values of morality and ethics.

    As the Society erodes, so does the Family, as the Family erodes, so does the Society.

    the man-child had some mental issues to begin with. He acquired weapons that were legally purchased by another. I'm for registration of all firearms so if you give/sell/ steal a weapon and "bodies" get attached - you the registered owner should face some serious consequences.

    As we lose our Freedoms, or are threatened to lose them, we resemble the frog in the kettle more and more.
    wow..I agree 100%...with everything you said, especially the comments about family and the importance of that...It sounds corny but it really is true...Old fashion family morals and values are the key imo...Look at the divorce rates these days its sick..What ever happened to making a commitment...I feel we are too passive when it comes to education and modeling traditional family morals and values...How to fix that is the million dollar question.. tougher gun laws may help a little, but it's the mind frame of society that needs the work...Sorry to sound preachy, I am by no means a saint, but things are going too far these days...Crazy thing is guys, is that in a month from now this will be old news, as sad as the shootings in the school were, we are numb to this stuff anymore.
    Last edited by alentown pa; 12-22-2012 at 03:57 PM.

  2. #54812
    I forget about that 'invisible line' Bandy. God, that's is a good point. I tend to think of our problems as problems common to any man... but that's not true.
    GY has some excellent points that are no-brainers... like certain assault weapons, and other classes of weapons should be forbidden to a normal citizen.
    If a citizen wants to bear arms, they sure as hell have a responsibility to learn how to handle it safely, and to understand the consequences of discharging it.
    A lot of good points about family, and core ethics.
    There are sick people out there. They'll find a way to hurt others, if that's their agenda.
    Here's something... We now have the technology to accurately identify psychotics, manic depressives, schizophrenia, etc. by simply mapping the brain... almost like an MRI. Various areas of the brain show up as a certain color when normal, and have other colors when a chemical imbalance, an excess or deficiency of chemicals, exists. For example, Schizo's have a deficiency of lithium in their systems and it is clear as a bell in a brain scan. This is an exact science.
    So, your little Bobby is in 8th grade and it's time for all children to get their scan. Bobby comes home with a letter telling you that he's psychotic and will, forever more, not be allowed certain privileges, like ever owning a firearm.
    Is this a violation of our personal rights?
    How do you resolve personal rights and the rights of others to know who might dangerous.
    "Did you hear? Bobby Smith down the block is a Psycho"
    What percentage of Psychos ever perform an act dangerous to others? probably damned few. But, the possibility exists... so, do you have the right to brand someone because of a possibility?
    Lots of questions and no way to find exact answers without effecting the rights of many innocents.

  3. #54813
    In our future, can we begin any serious process by agreeing that all existing career politicians are to be lobotomized and sent to Antarctica?
    What's that?
    Eh?
    Oh... they've already been lobotomized??? ... we simply forgot to ship them out, so they still run our countries.

  4. #54814
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I forget about that 'invisible line' Bandy. God, that's is a good point. I tend to think of our problems as problems common to any man... but that's not true.
    GY has some excellent points that are no-brainers... like certain assault weapons, and other classes of weapons should be forbidden to a normal citizen.
    If a citizen wants to bear arms, they sure as hell have a responsibility to learn how to handle it safely, and to understand the consequences of discharging it.
    A lot of good points about family, and core ethics.
    There are sick people out there. They'll find a way to hurt others, if that's their agenda.
    Here's something... We now have the technology to accurately identify psychotics, manic depressives, schizophrenia, etc. by simply mapping the brain... almost like an MRI. Various areas of the brain show up as a certain color when normal, and have other colors when a chemical imbalance, an excess or deficiency of chemicals, exists. For example, Schizo's have a deficiency of lithium in their systems and it is clear as a bell in a brain scan. This is an exact science.
    So, your little Bobby is in 8th grade and it's time for all children to get their scan. Bobby comes home with a letter telling you that he's psychotic and will, forever more, not be allowed certain privileges, like ever owning a firearm.
    Is this a violation of our personal rights?
    How do you resolve personal rights and the rights of others to know who might dangerous.
    "Did you hear? Bobby Smith down the block is a Psycho"
    What percentage of Psychos ever perform an act dangerous to others? probably damned few. But, the possibility exists... so, do you have the right to brand someone because of a possibility?
    Lots of questions and no way to find exact answers without effecting the rights of many innocents.
    great points on all Zim, Imo there is no rite answer to the question of should certain people be labeled, IMO you can't because it is a personal rights issue, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored, if there are enough red flags proper precautions should be take. What or how to do that is beyond me...someone is always going to be upset.

  5. #54815
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    not really buying the hype to be honest.. i know getting pitchers is a sexy thing and they've done a good job but come on Vegas has them at 8-1 to win the WS.. over Detroit Angels Dodgers etc

    so many question marks at just about every position
    Bull pen = ?
    Lind at 1st Base=?
    second base=?
    short stop Reyes=solid
    Lawrie at 3rd=?
    CF Rasmus=?
    LF...= still dont know who will play there
    Catcher JPA=solid
    RF Bautista=? (dude wrecked his wrist last season)

    granted if they can get on base this teams stealing 1st to 3rd all day.
    if healthy the jays are the team to beat on paper imo...thats a big if but when you can run Johnson,Morrow,Romero,Buhrle,and ****ey out there you have a chance to win every day, and the jays when healthy can score runs...will they gel? idk but they have the horses, thats the best staff in the AL east, hands down.

  6. #54816
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,104
    Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    if healthy the jays are the team to beat on paper imo...thats a big if but when you can run Johnson,Morrow,Romero,Buhrle,and ****ey out there you have a chance to win every day, and the jays when healthy can score runs...will they gel? idk but they have the horses, thats the best staff in the AL east, hands down.
    the comment about this tragedy becoming old news is horrifying true...

    "life goes on" I guess ?

    switching gears with you guys:

    The Jays look solid on paper but I'm not declaring the the Philly Eagles of the AL East yet.

    There is still time. Actually the O's are probably the pre-season favorite to win the East especially if the Yanks and Sawx sit pat with what they got.

    the Jays might start off red hot then trail off like our Giants ??? ugh.

    never the less the East will be changing over time especially if the Yanks don't get young and athletic... ( I shiver at thoughts of my young life in the 1980s )

    edit:
    leaving town in a few days so just in case:

    Merry Christmas/ Happy Chanukah !!!
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 12-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  7. #54817
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    the comment about this tragedy becoming old news is horrifying true...

    "life goes on" I guess ?

    switching gears with you guys:

    The Jays look solid on paper but I'm not declaring the the Philly Eagles of the AL East yet.

    There is still time. Actually the O's are probably the pre-season favorite to win the East especially if the Yanks and Sawx sit pat with what they got.

    the Jays might start off red hot then trail off like our Giants ??? ugh.

    never the less the East will be changing over time especially if the Yanks don't get young and athletic... ( I shiver at thoughts of my young life in the 1980s )

    edit:
    leaving town in a few days so just in case:

    Merry Christmas/ Happy Chanukah !!!
    On a baseball note... agree with your assessment of AL East. Yanks in big trouble if they don't make some moves. It'll be fun to watch the O's and Jays rule the div. for awhile.
    Be careful out there, GY, and enjoy the Holidays with those you love... we'll be here when you get back.

  8. #54818
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,104
    sorry fellas, this Team is done.

    Fewell has to go the way of Sheridan and Lewis...

    Reese has to concentrate on O-Line and Secondary, then Backs and Backers

    the Times have soured and the Giants and Yanks are on a decline, no Hockey means no Rangers so all we have left are the Knicks (or Nets)...

    wow. F'n wow.

    Happy Holidays all...GY out.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  9. #54819
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,478
    Merry Christmas everyone .....

  10. #54820
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,104
    Merry Christmas Byron !!!


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts