+ Reply to Thread
Page 5484 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 44844984538454345474548254835484548554865494 ... LastLast
Results 54,831 to 54,840 of 55170

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    We're all still alive.
    We're all incredibly bored with our Giants not in the playoffs.
    Can't go out and mow the lawn, so I'll watch the other teams in the playoffs.
    Happy Boring New Year to us all, and let's go Knicks!!
    you summed it up zim..what an empty feeling..no way im watchin the playoffs...Im watchin my Irish vs bama then im done with football...cant wait for the draft.

what do you guys want in the draft...I say we go CB in the first...with webby getting older, and TT pretty much done, we need another guy to play opposite of Prince in the future...I think CB or DE in the 1st, we should also look for some Oline help in the early rounds imo...thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    you summed it up zim..what an empty feeling..no way im watchin the playoffs...Im watchin my Irish vs bama then im done with football...cant wait for the draft.
    yeah, I'm done with football as well. After the Irish Title Game, it's a wrap. Could care less who wins the SB so long as it's not the Skins.

besides that all I got left is the Knicks, March Madness and then the Pinstripes...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    Football gods are cruel.. I finally watched a game where they win and it's all for not. In hindsight Maybe I shouldn't have switched over and watched the Detroit game

Anyways we'll get them next year.

Merry New Years people..
    BE SAFE.
    Im happy for you because you have had a long drought with the jays and there is reason to be pumped, but I cant stand Reyes, the AL east is deep.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    yeah, I'm done with football as well. After the Irish Title Game, it's a wrap. Could care less who wins the SB so long as it's not the Skins.

besides that all I got left is the Knicks, March Madness and then the Pinstripes...
    how has amare done in his comeback? I saw they beat the spurs, but Ive been away for work, havent been keeping up

what do you guys want in the draft...I say we go CB in the first...with webby getting older, and TT pretty much done, we need another guy to play opposite of Prince in the future...I think CB or DE in the 1st, we should also look for some Oline help in the early rounds imo...thoughts?
    I agree with CB and DE... although those positions have been up top our draft lists for a long time.
    Personally, I still hunger for a stud LB. I'm a product of the great LB corps we had from the late 70's to the late 90's, and appreciated how they dictated a game. We need a stud MLB, or an LT type, blitz effective OLB. What we have now is totally average.
    After LB, we need some stud O Linemen. We are very average at that position, too, and the younger guys are good/average, but not dominant. We do not have that one guy who, on 3rd and 2, can be the man to create the needed hole. We haven't had anyone like that for awhile.
    Unlike years ago when I was on top of the college crop, I don't know what our prospects are in the draft, abd I don't know what good LB's and OL's might be available on the FA market.
    We're going to have a lot of new faces next year. A big test for Reese.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I agree with CB and DE... although those positions have been up top our draft lists for a long time.
    Personally, I still hunger for a stud LB. I'm a product of the great LB corps we had from the late 70's to the late 90's, and appreciated how they dictated a game. We need a stud MLB, or an LT type, blitz effective OLB. What we have now is totally average.
    After LB, we need some stud O Linemen. We are very average at that position, too, and the younger guys are good/average, but not dominant. We do not have that one guy who, on 3rd and 2, can be the man to create the needed hole. We haven't had anyone like that for awhile.
    Unlike years ago when I was on top of the college crop, I don't know what our prospects are in the draft, abd I don't know what good LB's and OL's might be available on the FA market.
    We're going to have a lot of new faces next year. A big test for Reese.
    agreed about the oline..I think it needs to be addressed in the first 3 rounds and in free agency...I like Beatty, snee is great,booth is good, Baas is good enough, but we need depth and we need to get younger..I used to be like you in wanting a stud LBer but the game has changed and we have proven we can win without big time backers, having said that we are very average there and an upgrade would be nice, Blackburn is one of my all time favorites but he is average at best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post

I would like to see Pey-pey go to the SB and win. That would kind of stick it to Brady a bit. Other than that I'm going for Green Bay (Rodgers is from where I live), and I hate the niners with a passion.

agreed about the oline..I think it needs to be addressed in the first 3 rounds and in free agency...I like Beatty, snee is great,booth is good, Baas is good enough, but we need depth and we need to get younger..I used to be like you in wanting a stud LBer but the game has changed and we have proven we can win without big time backers, having said that we are very average there and an upgrade would be nice, Blackburn is one of my all time favorites but he is average at best imo.
    I am also very appreciative of what Blackburn has done for us with his limited natural abilities... mainly speed.
    But, funny... when I remember all our great LB's, starting with Brad, Harry, and Kelley... thru LT, Banks, and Reasons... then Pepper and Jessie, and even Pierce.
    And, even though he's not in their class, I'll remember him along with them, mainly because of his importance in helping to solidify the D in our last SB run. It doesn't happen without him. We got the most out of his abilities last year.

Tackle, Guard, Cornerback, Linebacker...

I hope that Ojomo and Tracy and JPP and Tuck and Kiwi can still play D-End well enough for us.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread