+ Reply to Thread
Page 5490 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 44904990539054405480548854895490549154925500 ... LastLast
Results 54,891 to 54,900 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

  1. #54891
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,105
    i have to agree Mr. Zim, plus we have yet to see what happens on the O in the Receivers Corps...to me we should keep Hixon and Cruz has to understand that he's not a Number 1, Nicks is.

    Besides that Randle has got to get his study up for the playbook.

    the backfield will be different as well.

    overall this will be a different team in terms of personality and feel.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  2. #54892
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,105
    http://blog.giants.com/2013/02/08/gi...edule-in-2013/

    This is good I think. With the Team in kind of re-build/ modify mode, we may need a "softer" schedule, though the NFCE games will be rough as usual.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  3. #54893
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    http://blog.giants.com/2013/02/08/gi...edule-in-2013/

    This is good I think. With the Team in kind of re-build/ modify mode, we may need a "softer" schedule, though the NFCE games will be rough as usual.
    It's about time we got a 'soft' schedule. As usual, we'll have 6 brawls within our own, but at least we won't have all the top teams for the other divisions..
    I don't know if Cruz, through his agent, won't want #1 pay. They don't care if we perceive Nicks as No. 1, other teams will view him as a 1. I think Randle can do a good job, but I don't know how smart he is. Is he another Manningham (duh), or a Nicks, Hixon, Cruz, who never showed a problem learning the playbook.
    For certain it will be a different team... we'll need Eli to step up and be a strong leader on O. But, who can step up on the D? If Tuck can regain his effectiveness and lead by example, he can be that man... but, if he plays like this past season we'll have a problem. Can JPP step up and be a leader in his 3rd year? To me the obvious position to be a leader is LB... like Harry for so many years in the 80's

  4. #54894
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,105
    Tuck should hand his "C" to Rolle in my opinion. Hell give it to Chase based on his heart and determination.

    Cruz needs a reality check, I know he's not making the big money but still, he's a system receiver. rumors of him and New England aren't that baseless though.

    I actually can see Bradshaw resurfacing there too.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  5. #54895
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Tuck should hand his "C" to Rolle in my opinion. Hell give it to Chase based on his heart and determination.

    Cruz needs a reality check, I know he's not making the big money but still, he's a system receiver. rumors of him and New England aren't that baseless though.

    I actually can see Bradshaw resurfacing there too.
    yikes... rotten thoughts, those.
    I would agree with Rolle... he was the closest thing we had to a leader on D at the end of last year.
    I love Chase... I appreciate Chase, and what he did to help bring us the last SB.... but, he'll be another 1/2 step slower. I don't know if his savvy can keep him on the field...We need a more legitimate starter than Chase. We all know he's a stop gap, although he's better than anyone else we have there... and, that's sad.

  6. #54896
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,105
    We need real talent at the 2nd level, Jaquan seems like a guy who many see as a savior but my fear is he becomes another injury-riddled dude.

    Again to me the top 4 priorities and in my order are: Beatty, Boothe, Nicks and Cruz

    for the draft: I know they go BPA and who would be surprised by either a D-End or D-Tackle in the First, but soon after that (2nd and beyond) I hope for a Corner, a Tackle or Guard, a Powerback, a downhill run-stopping LB or 2, then another Mauler for the O-Line


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  7. #54897
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    We need real talent at the 2nd level, Jaquan seems like a guy who many see as a savior but my fear is he becomes another injury-riddled dude.

    Again to me the top 4 priorities and in my order are: Beatty, Boothe, Nicks and Cruz

    for the draft: I know they go BPA and who would be surprised by either a D-End or D-Tackle in the First, but soon after that (2nd and beyond) I hope for a Corner, a Tackle or Guard, a Powerback, a downhill run-stopping LB or 2, then another Mauler for the O-Line
    I'm so rabid for a stud, run stopping LB on D, and a stud, run blocking bull on O, that I'm blind to the need at CB, or anyplace else for that matter. We've had out share of 1st and 2nd round CB's these past 5-10 years. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out, and in this pass happy era we're screwed without good CB's... but, it's been forever since we drafted a LB in the first round. I'm sure someone will know the answer to when that was.... my memory stops at LT in '81.... so we get that stud, run stopping LB and they'll just pass more against our weak CB's. You can't win. We have a lot of holes in this team. I honestly see 8-8. I don't want to think it could be worse. I'm hoping that all the new starters on defense will begin to gel and develop some chemistry together around game 10.

  8. #54898
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I'm so rabid for a stud, run stopping LB on D, and a stud, run blocking bull on O, that I'm blind to the need at CB, or anyplace else for that matter. We've had out share of 1st and 2nd round CB's these past 5-10 years. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out, and in this pass happy era we're screwed without good CB's... but, it's been forever since we drafted a LB in the first round. I'm sure someone will know the answer to when that was.... my memory stops at LT in '81.... so we get that stud, run stopping LB and they'll just pass more against our weak CB's. You can't win. We have a lot of holes in this team. I honestly see 8-8. I don't want to think it could be worse. I'm hoping that all the new starters on defense will begin to gel and develop some chemistry together around game 10.
    OK, I looked it up myself... since LT in '81
    2009 - 2nd pick, Clint Sintim
    1991 - 2nd oick, Kannavis McGhee.
    And, the last year we chose a LB as #1 was Carl banks in '84.
    So, it's been 28 years since we selected a LB as #1.

    In that same time frame, we've drafted 12 DB's in the 1st or 2nd (many of those DB's were safeties)
    Last edited by zimonami; 02-12-2013 at 09:13 PM.

  9. #54899
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,105
    if you look at our draft claases since 2007, I think we have a handful left, DeOssie, Nicks, Webster and a few others ???


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  10. #54900
    Good to see AGFHC still rolling along......been MIA for quite some time. My daughter got married at the end of Sept. and nephew the following weekend. Then superstorm Sandy train wrecked our area. I peeked in a few times in late season and much to my surprise the Eli threads were running rampant. LOL
    Thats the last thing I wanted to read!!! JK Hope all is well with everyone

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts