+ Reply to Thread
Page 4828 of 5518 FirstFirst ... 38284328472847784818482648274828482948304838487849285328 ... LastLast
Results 48,271 to 48,280 of 55172

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bansaw"]it could be worse though
    [/quote]
    This is always true no matter how bad you think it is. As long as you have your family, a roof over your head, food and the Giants we will be all right.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="bansaw"]it could be worse though
    [/quote]
    This is always true no matter how bad you think it is. As long as you have your family, a roof over your head, food and the Giants we will be all right.
    [/quote]</P>

Amen.</P>

Keep the faith, all you GMB ffriends who are hurting, and you'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.</P>

MJG, Blue, Bansaw, Zim and to whomever else is interested.

I am looking to go to school first, before looking at such options as Chicago PD, IL State Trooper or as MJG wrote, re-enlistment.

If anything I've thought about going back to the Army, however my service-connected disabilty kind of stands in the way.

Nothing extreme mind you, but enough that may hinder any career advancement with little or no hassle. (read: PT Test issues).

Bare in mind, prior to getting hurt, I was "fast-tracking" to my Sergeant's rank. Then, boom, brickwall.

PS
    Ironic how the Pres returns and speaks about the Jobless rate being higher than what was predicted.

I know this is not a political forum but...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]MJG, Blue, Bansaw, Zim and to whomever else is interested. I am looking to go to school first, before looking at such options as Chicago PD, IL State Trooper or as MJG wrote, re-enlistment. If anything I've thought about going back to the Army, however my service-connected disabilty kind of stands in the way. Nothing extreme mind you, but enough that may hinder any career advancement with little or no hassle. (read: PT Test issues). <FONT size=4>Bare in mind, prior to getting hurt, I was "fast-tracking" to my Sergeant's rank.</FONT> <FONT size=4>Then, boom, brickwall.</FONT> PS Ironic how the Pres returns and speaks about the Jobless rate being higher than what was predicted. I know this is not a political forum but...[/quote]</P>

Geez... that sounds like you were an injured, and then discarded NFL player.</P>

Only you know what will work best for you and your family. If you can make ends meet while uncle Sam pays for your education, go for it...especially now that the job market is weak. Let's all hope that, by the time you're finished, things are on the upswing and the discipline you choose to study is in demand. You can still go into Chicago PD, or state troopers with an education, too, if you like that line of work... but, you'll have many more options available with the education.</P>

I've only been keeping track of this thread for a few months, but it seems like an 'anything goes' forum. There also seems to be a lot of good, smart, level headed peeps on here, without all the BS of the Giant forum where people are consumed with criticizing Giant players, and each other. So, don't worry about delving into politics.</P>

Keep sane, relax, and appreciate those around you who care for you.</P>

</P>

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]MJG, Blue, Bansaw, Zim and to whomever else is interested. I am looking to go to school first, before looking at such options as Chicago PD, IL State Trooper or as MJG wrote, re-enlistment. If anything I've thought about going back to the Army, however my service-connected disabilty kind of stands in the way. Nothing extreme mind you, but enough that may hinder any career advancement with little or no hassle. (read: PT Test issues). <FONT size=4>Bare in mind, prior to getting hurt, I was "fast-tracking" to my Sergeant's rank.</FONT> <FONT size=4>Then, boom, brickwall.</FONT> PS Ironic how the Pres returns and speaks about the Jobless rate being higher than what was predicted. I know this is not a political forum but...[/quote]</P>

Geez... that sounds like you were an injured, and then discarded NFL player.</P>

Only you know what will work best for you and your family. If you can make ends meet while uncle Sam pays for your education, go for it...especially now that the job market is weak. Let's all hope that, by the time you're finished, things are on the upswing and the discipline you choose to study is in demand. You can still go into Chicago PD, or state troopers with an education, too, if you like that line of work... but, you'll have many more options available with the education.</P>

I've only been keeping track of this thread for a few months, but it seems like an 'anything goes' forum. There also seems to be a lot of good, smart, level headed peeps on here, without all the BS of the Giant forum where people are consumed with criticizing Giant players, and each other. So, don't worry about delving into politics.</P>

</P>

[quote user="zimonami"]</P>

Geez... that sounds like you were an injured, and then discarded NFL player>

I've only been keeping track of this thread for a few months, but it seems like an 'anything goes' forum.* There also seems to be a lot of good, smart, level headed peeps on here, without all the BS of the Giant forum where people are consumed with criticizing Giant players, and each other.* So, don't worry about delving into politics.</P>

*</P>[/quote]

Yeah there are sad similarities between Former NFL players and Wounded Warriors/ Disabled Veterans.

As far as this forum goes, years ago TAGF became a hotbox of trolls, know-it-alls etc.

So up sprung this Thread. A Jerry Seinfeld-esque minutia oasis from the nuttiness of the main forums.

Out of respect that I have for many of the posters on NYG MBs, i rather not offend people with my Conservative beliefs and values. Though they are there.

regards.

Veteran

GY,

Sorry to hear what happened to ya, bro. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll find something eventually. I've been down that road before and it isn't fun. A good friend of mine just lost his job back in July and he was with the company for close to 12 years or so. We're all praying for you and your family. At least you got the Gmen and the Yanks to cheer you up.

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]GY,

Sorry to hear what happened to ya, bro. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll find something eventually. I've been down that road before and it isn't fun. A good friend of mine just lost his job back in July and he was with the company for close to 12 years or so. We're all praying for you and your family. At least you got the Gmen and the Yanks to cheer you up.

[/quote]

[] [B] thanks.

Like i wrote, I'm seriously considering School again, and I am interested in Theological Studies, Media Arts or even Wildlife Conservation.

But seriously everyone, please, please, please don't make this about me. back to minutia.

like: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA at chitcago....(sigh) the expressions of these people when Rio beat 'em out. priceless

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]GY,

[/quote]

[] [B] thanks.

Like i wrote, I'm seriously considering School again, and I am interested in Theological Studies, Media Arts or even Wildlife Conservation.

But seriously everyone, please, please, please don't make this about me. back to minutia.

like: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA at chitcago....(sigh) the expressions of these people when Rio beat 'em out. priceless[/quote]

Hope things are going well for you GY.

The Chicago thing is HILARIOUS. I'm sorry, but it is...

There's a CNN clip somewhere of one of the reporters who was stunned that Chicago was eliminated...as if someone else dare to reject the wise words of the messiah? LOL...

All-Pro

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]GY,

[/quote]

[] [B] thanks.

like: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA at chitcago....(sigh) the expressions of these people when Rio beat 'em out. priceless[/quote]

Hope things are going well for you GY.

The Chicago thing is HILARIOUS. I'm sorry, but it is...

There's a CNN clip somewhere of one of the reporters who was stunned that Chicago was eliminated...as if someone else dare to reject the wise words of the messiah? LOL...

[/quote]
    uh ohh they said no to Oprah?!?!?! hell hath no fury...

+ Reply to Thread