+ Reply to Thread
Page 4849 of 5517 FirstFirst ... 38494349474947994839484748484849485048514859489949495349 ... LastLast
Results 48,481 to 48,490 of 55162

Thread: Asian giant for HC

Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="bansaw"]my friend just posted that Jim Zorn was fired

can't find anything yet though...that team is a mess
    [/quote]
    I saw that they offered Shanahan the job this week and he turned them down.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/19/s...usspor00000002
    [/quote]

NO ONE should take the Redskins job. Especially if you are a pretty well known and credible coach like Homlgren, Shanahan, Cowher etc....

The pick for Zorn shocked everyone at the time, it didn't make any sense. But that still doesn't matter, any coach is going to risk their career if they go to Washington.

Heck, even Jim Fassel should pass if they offer him the job.....it is a dead end job....

the dumb thing is Zorn was supposed to be an Offensive Co-Ordinator NOT a H.C

Last minute they decided to make him a H.C...so ironically Snyder doubly screwed up. Zorn probably would have thrived as OC....

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]the dumb thing is Zorn was supposed to be an Offensive Co-Ordinator NOT a H.C

Last minute they decided to make him a H.C...so ironically Snyder doubly screwed up. Zorn probably would have thrived as OC....[/quote]

I can't see how Snyder is ever going to get a quality coach anymore the way he treats his coaches.

He's pretty much doomed himself now to no name coaches with no rep so they will take the HC position. Thus yet another gamble on the entire franchise....

Skin fans should boycott with their pocketbooks.....then again, I do like the drama cause they are a division rival. So really, Snyder is our man!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]the dumb thing is Zorn was supposed to be an Offensive Co-Ordinator NOT a H.C

Last minute they decided to make him a H.C...so ironically Snyder doubly screwed up. Zorn probably would have thrived as OC....[/quote]

I can't see how Snyder is ever going to get a quality coach anymore the way he treats his coaches.

He's pretty much doomed himself now to no name coaches with no rep so they will take the HC position. Thus yet another gamble on the entire franchise....

Skin fans should boycott with their pocketbooks.....then again, I do like the drama cause they are a division rival. So really, Snyder is our man!
    [/quote]He and Al Davis are the two guys you don't want calling you to be a head coach.

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]the dumb thing is Zorn was supposed to be an Offensive Co-Ordinator NOT a H.C

[/quote]He and Al Davis are the two guys you don't want calling you to be a head coach.
    [/quote]

I'd throw in Jerry Jones as well. Lots of money but lacking football sense....

I meant to write the other day that as AG wrote, it's good to have at least 1 Loss a Season as you get away from all that extra pressure regarding going undefeated, the 70's dolphins and Mercury Big Mouf Morris...

also a beating like that sobers a team up, and hopefully after watching some film and seeing the glaring weaknesses, the Coaching Staff can gameplan in a way to cover the 'holes'.

Let's be honest, if a team is well-balanced a defense has to decide whom to put the "extra guy" on, which in turn frees up another guy. The Stains have a running game and a passing game.

I do believe the road to the SB will be thru the Stains...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]the dumb thing is Zorn was supposed to be an Offensive Co-Ordinator NOT a H.C

[/quote]easy to take what we have in this organization for granted

people here will say this or that about Gilbride but look how much Eli has grown with his presence Eli's whole career. Then look at the other side and the growing pains moving from Lewis to Spags - Spags to Sheridan. Stability is crucial in the NFL. (to a point though....welcomes get worn out over time and Jeff Fischer has somehow lost that team this year)

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]the dumb thing is Zorn was supposed to be an Offensive Co-Ordinator NOT a H.C

[/quote]easy to take what we have in this organization for granted

people here will say this or that about Gilbride but look how much Eli has grown with his presence Eli's whole career. Then look at the other side and the growing pains moving from Lewis to Spags - Spags to Sheridan. Stability is crucial in the NFL. (to a point though....welcomes get worn out over time and Jeff Fischer has somehow lost that team this year)
    [/quote]</P>

with guys like Gruden, Cowher (sp?) etc unemployed its a head scratcher as to why some of these head coachesstill have jobs.. </P>

Norv Turner's head has to be on a swivel

I bet that's the job Shannahan turned down the Redskins for

LOL just saw this and had to share it []

[quote user="bansaw"]LOL just saw this and had to share it []

[/quote]
    I check that web site and withleather at least every few days...

+ Reply to Thread