Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]AG did you check out the FedRex video. It's funny cause it's true! Loll![/quote]

I have to put my headphones on to hear it....so I left the page up until I can get up and plug it in.

I started watching it without sound and figured I was going to spoil it if I didn't watch
    it with sound...
    [/quote]What kind of computer does everyone use? AG, JG, Frute?</p>

Me, I use a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop.</p>[/quote]

The PC I'm using right now I am milking for all it's worth. I built it from scratch in 2001..!!
    It has the first P4 1.6ghz CPU in it. I've upgraded parts here and there to support newer things
    but overall it's a beast and it's still humming away. No issues.
    I built it for about $500 back then, it was comparable to probably a $1400 machine if I bought one
    from Dell/Gateway....

Anyways, I've been thinking about getting a new PC now just to catch up to everyone else....
    But because it still works I don't want to, but at the same time, I really want a new PC!!

Now before anyone says I'm cheap, I used to spend about $2500 every 2 years on a PC or laptop until I started getting wise about money...

Sorry for the rant, I know all you wanted to know was what PC I was using...LOL...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]I have a Sony Vaio...[&lt;)]
    You have a dell? You have my sympathies.....I hate Dell as much as I hate jaywalkers. I had a Dell Inspirion....worst 2 years of my life.....I was so fed up I was about to run my laptop over with my car...GGGRRRRR
    [/quote]This is my third Dell. I've had no problems. I'm sold. Sorry you had a bad time with yours.

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]I have a Sony Vaio...[&lt;)]
    You have a dell? You have my sympathies.....I hate Dell as much as I hate jaywalkers. I had a Dell Inspirion....worst 2 years of my life.....I was so fed up I was about to run my laptop over with my car...GGGRRRRR
    [/quote]

You could have had a lemon....it happens...every maker has bad products.

I don't have anything against any vendor really, but a lot of times their own software that
    they add to the OS causes issues. The PC that I made has a clean WinXP and nothing else.

So windows sometimes gets a bad rap when it's really manufacturers adding their own stuff
    that causes it to flake out....

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

You could have had a lemon....it happens...every maker has bad products.

I don't have anything against any vendor really, but a lot of times their own software that
    they add to the OS causes issues. The PC that I made has a clean WinXP and nothing else.

So windows sometimes gets a bad rap when it's really manufacturers adding their own stuff
    that causes it to flake out....
    [/quote]

Hhhmmm..maybe...but I dunno...I'm not the only one with issues with dell.....I still hate dell with every fiber in my body....my dad was looking for a new PC a year ago...I told him not to get a Dell...he still got a Dell....now he is looking for a new comupter........
    I just hate Dell as much as I hate rHomo. Michael Dell better pray he never crosses my path.[:P]

The good news is...I love my Sony! So all is well!

But I think the next time I make a computer purchase...I will get an apple. I just have to have the money for it...

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

Hhhmmm..maybe...but I dunno...I'm not the only one with issues with dell.....I still hate dell with every fiber in my body....my dad was looking for a new PC a year ago...I told him not to get a Dell...he still got a Dell....now he is looking for a new comupter........
    I just hate Dell as much as I hate rHomo. Michael Dell better pray he never crosses my path.[:P]

But I think the next time I make a computer purchase...I will get an apple. I just have to have the money for it...

[/quote]

Yeah Apples are expensive! I was thinking about getting one too...just because I've never had one.

The Sony Vaio's are really pretty though...the only thing I hate about Apples is the mouse they use...
    I like having a right and left click button...

But same here, I need money first!!!

Yeah Apples are expensive! I was thinking about getting one too...just because I've never had one.

The Sony Vaio's are really pretty though...the only thing I hate about Apples is the mouse they use...

[/quote]

Yeah...when I was gonna replace my Dell..I wanted to get an apple...but it was too much money....
    I traded in my dell to compUSA and they gave my $150 for it..and then I bought my sony....
    So...when the time comes years from now...I will probably go there and trade in my Sony for an apple.
    The apple sure seems nice......

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

[/quote]

[/quote]lol, the dell hate! Nope I will stick with dell. They have awesome customer service. Haven't had one problem with my new laptop. My fiancee has a dell desktop, and then when I upgraded to this laptop, gave her my old one so she could do homework in the living room. She wants an apple because they come in pink!

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]

Yeah...when I was gonna replace my Dell..I wanted to get an apple...but it was too much money....
    I traded in my dell to compUSA and they gave my $150 for it..and then I bought my sony....
    So...when the time comes years from now...I will probably go there and trade in my Sony for an apple.
    The apple sure seems nice......
    [/quote]

Next time can you give me your laptop? I'll give you $150 for it!!!

That's actually not too shabby because most companies don't give anything for old laptops..

This one website I found was only willing to give me like $25 for a laptop that I paid $2500 for
    before!! That's crazy!!

[quote user="mjg407"]lol, the dell hate! Nope I will stick with dell. They have awesome customer service. Haven't had one problem with my new laptop. My fiancee has a dell desktop, and then when I upgraded to this laptop, gave her my old one so she could do homework in the living room. She wants an apple because they come in pink![/quote]

That's good to hear, I've never had a Dell so I can't say. But I've heard horror stories from every
    vendor...

Do they even have anti-virus for Apples?

Next time can you give me your laptop? I'll give you $150 for it!!!

That's actually not too shabby because most companies don't give anything for old laptops..

This one website I found was only willing to give me like $25 for a laptop that I paid $2500 for
    before!! That's crazy!!
    [/quote]

LOL!
    You don't understand...I thought those people were smoking crack when they told me they would give me $150 for my laptop....at that point my dell was that bad....I expected them to offer me a dollar...[:P] I remember after I got fed up using dell to fix my laptop I took it somplace else...the dude actually started laughing at my computer [:$]....lordy....I have so many stories..oy.
    Well..I'm out..talk to y'all later