Re: Asian giant for HC

Dutchy,</P>

Maple Peper Turkey:</P>
    1. <LI><FONT face=Arial>Combine <FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: static" color=#006600><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: #006600 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">lemon </SPAN><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: #006600 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">juice</SPAN></FONT>, maple syrup, oil, shallots, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a sturdy 2 gallon plastic bag. Add turkey, squeeze out as much air as possible and seal bag. Distribute marinade evenly over and inside turkey. Set turkey, breast side down, in a bowl in the refrigerator and marinate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.</FONT>
      <LI><FONT face=Arial><FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: static" color=#006600><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: #006600 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Preheat </SPAN><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: #006600 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">oven</SPAN></FONT> to 450*F (230*C). Position oven rack on lowest rack.</FONT>
      <LI><FONT face=Arial>Remove turkey from marinade. Wipe off any shallots and garlic that are clinging to it and pat bird dry. Strain marinade into a bowl; skim off oil and reserve the rest. Set herbs, garlic, and <FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: static" color=#006600><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: relative">shallots</SPAN></FONT> aside separately.</FONT>
      <LI><FONT face=Arial>Carefully loosen turkey skin over breast and thighs with your fingers. Put all but 3 <FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: static" color=#006600><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #006600! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; POSITION: relative">tablespoons</SPAN></FONT> of the softened Maple-Pepper Butter in a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip, and pipe it under the breast and thigh skin, patting gently to spread butter. Alternatively, spread it evenly with your fingers.</FONT> </LI>

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tbody><tr><td style="border-top: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-left: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-right: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); color: rgb(140, 170, 158); font-size: 18px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffcc" nowrap="nowrap">BEER CAN CHICKEN</td><td style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206);"></td></tr><tr><td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-right: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); padding: 20px;" colspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffcc"><div style="padding-left: 20px; color: BLACK;">1 4 lb or larger whole chicken
    Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning
    1 12 oz. can of beer, any brand</div><div style="color: rgb(119, 34, 34);">Remove giblet package from chicken and discard or save for another use.

Spread Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning liberally over chicken. Wrap chicken in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.</p>

Preheat grill to 375F to 400F.</p>

If
    your grill has two burners, heat only one. If it has three, heat the
    two on the outsides and do not turn on the middle burner.</p>

Remove
    plastic wrap from chicken. Open beer can (you may add garlic to the can
    of beer if you wish) and insert the full beer can into the chicken (so
    that the chicken is standing upright with the can inserted into it).</p>

Stand
    the chicken upright on the burner of the grill that is NOT lit. The
    beer can should fit snugly in the chicken so that the chicken does not
    fall over. Close the grill and cook the chicken for approximately 2
    hours or until done.</p></div></td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]

Very interesting...I think I'd use a Henieken if I were to try this...

So you just open the can? You don't have to cut the top of it off like MJ said?

[quote user="JerseyGiant21"]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tbody><tr><td style="border-top: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-left: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-right: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); color: rgb(140, 170, 158); font-size: 18px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffcc" nowrap="nowrap">BEER CAN CHICKEN</td><td style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206);"></td></tr><tr><td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-right: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); padding: 20px;" colspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffcc"><div style="padding-left: 20px; color: BLACK;">1 4 lb or larger whole chicken
    1 12 oz. can of beer, any brand</div><div style="color: rgb(119, 34, 34);">Remove giblet package from chicken and discard or save for another use.

Spread Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning liberally over chicken. Wrap chicken in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.</p>

If
    your grill has two burners, heat only one. If it has three, heat the
    two on the outsides and do not turn on the middle burner.</p>

Remove
    plastic wrap from chicken. Open beer can (you may add garlic to the can
    of beer if you wish) and insert the full beer can into the chicken (so
    that the chicken is standing upright with the can inserted into it).</p>

Stand
    the chicken upright on the burner of the grill that is NOT lit. The
    beer can should fit snugly in the chicken so that the chicken does not
    fall over. Close the grill and cook the chicken for approximately 2
    hours or until done.</p></div></td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]

[quote user="DutchGMenFan"]

[quote user="mjg407"]sides, garlic mashed potato's, start off with butternut squash soup. Make my cranberies with bourbon and orange peel. I used to make a brussel sprout dish with red grapes.[/quote]</P>

wow man u sure r creative when it comes to cooking!! but what is butternut squash soup??</P>[/quote]

Butternut squash (known in Australia as Butternut pumpkin<SUP class=reference id=_ref-sydney_0>[1]</SUP>) is an edible type of winter squash with a vase-like shape. It has a sweet, nutty taste that is similar to pumpkin or sweet potato. It has yellow skin and orange flesh. When ripe, it turns increasingly deep orange, and becomes sweeter and richer. It grows on a vine. The most popular variety, the Waltham Butternut, originated in Stow, Massachusetts.</P>

</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(221,221,157) 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; BORDER-TOP: rgb(238,238,206) 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 18px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(238,238,206) 1px solid; COLOR: rgb(140,170,158)" noWrap align=left bgColor=#ffffcc>BEER CAN CHICKEN</TD>
    <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(238,238,206) 1px solid"></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(221,221,157) 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(238,238,206) 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 20px; BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(221,221,157) 2px solid" bgColor=#ffffcc colSpan=2>
    <DIV style="PADDING-LEFT: 20px; COLOR: black">1 4 lb or larger whole chicken
    1 12 oz. can of beer, any brand</DIV>
    <DIV style="COLOR: rgb(119,34,34)">Remove giblet package from chicken and discard or save for another use.

Spread Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning liberally over chicken. Wrap chicken in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.</P>

Preheat grill to 375F to 400F.</P>

If your grill has two burners, heat only one. If it has three, heat the two on the outsides and do not turn on the middle burner.</P>

<FONT size=5>Remove plastic wrap from chicken</FONT>. Open beer can (you may add garlic to the can of beer if you wish) and insert the full beer can into the chicken (so that the chicken is standing upright with the can inserted into it).</P>

Stand the chicken upright on the burner of the grill that is NOT lit. The beer can should fit snugly in the chicken so that the chicken does not fall over. Close the grill and cook the chicken for approximately 2 hours or until done.</P></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[/quote]

[/quote]Must be for the same people who can't figure out how to close their seatbelt on an airline. duh

I was happy eating my Digorno for dinner, now you guys are making me hungry!!

[quote user="Chopper"]
    They don't sell maple syrup over there? It's some of the best stuff ever.
    [/quote]</P>

i know i used it a lot when i was at summer camp there. but yeah, i believe ur native americans told the pilgrims and they never told their homeland.....</P>

but thinking bout it: there r prob some specialty store that sell maple syrup. just not in a regular supermarket (and i bet it will cost me twice the money for half the amount!!)</P>

AG,</P>

Why in the world would you eat digorno with all the great NY pizza places? Man, you all don't realize what you have. </P>

All-Pro

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="JerseyGiant21"]
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="99%">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td style="border-top: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-left: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-right: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); padding-right: 10px; padding-left: 10px; font-size: 18px; color: rgb(140, 170, 158);" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffcc" nowrap="nowrap">BEER CAN CHICKEN</td>
    <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206);"></td></tr>
    <tr>
    <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 206); border-right: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); border-bottom: 2px solid rgb(221, 221, 157); padding: 20px;" colspan="2" bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    <div style="padding-left: 20px; color: black;">1 4 lb or larger whole chicken
    1 12 oz. can of beer, any brand</div>
    <div style="color: rgb(119, 34, 34);">Remove giblet package from chicken and discard or save for another use.

If your grill has two burners, heat only one. If it has three, heat the two on the outsides and do not turn on the middle burner.</p>

<font size="5">Remove plastic wrap from chicken</font>. Open beer can (you may add garlic to the can of beer if you wish) and insert the full beer can into the chicken (so that the chicken is standing upright with the can inserted into it).</p>

Stand the chicken upright on the burner of the grill that is NOT lit. The beer can should fit snugly in the chicken so that the chicken does not fall over. Close the grill and cook the chicken for approximately 2 hours or until done.</p></div></td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]

[/quote]Must be for the same people who can't figure out how to close their seatbelt on an airline. duh[/quote]

Or the people that don't know to not use there hands to stop a chainsaw.

[quote user="mjg407"]

AG,</p>

Why in the world would you eat digorno with all the great NY pizza places? Man, you all don't realize what you have. </p>[/quote]

I feel I need to explain as my friends wife from Seattle says the same thing about me.

Here's the answer, I EAT great NY pizza all the time!! It is accessible to me 24/7..
    So because of that, I have the ability to eat Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, frozen pizza's and it's
    ok because the next day I can pickup NY style pizza....

[]