Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]

Are you serious? Damn... It's only a game. People, that includes some of my fellow Yankee fans, take this rivalry too seriously, too!
    [/quote]

It's true, the fans make it more of a rivalry than the players do. Yes it's always a big game between
    these 2 teams but they players are more focused on winning and getting the job done than this rivlary....
    [/quote]

No doubt! But it is fun to watch the games, though. Remember our 5 game sweep of the Sox last year?
    [/quote]

No I agree, we can't play in the game so we might as well make it a rivalry as much as possible to make it fun.....yes the sweep was awesome!!

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"]

Are you serious? Damn... It's only a game. People, that includes some of my fellow Yankee fans, take this rivalry too seriously, too!
    [/quote]

It's true, the fans make it more of a rivalry than the players do. Yes it's always a big game between
    these 2 teams but they players are more focused on winning and getting the job done than this rivlary....
    [/quote]</P>

I think sports rivalries (sp?) are funny. After and before the game, the opposing fans are talking smack and fighting each other and theopposing players are talking, hanging out, hugging each other and the like. We look like suckers up in the stands.</P>

[/quote]</P>

It is all fun unless ppl get killed because they root for a certain team... unfortunately that is what happens here if u root for a rival team[]. I like the american sportsfans 100 times better than these socalled fans here. A few years ago they actually talked of meeting on a " battlefield" . Likea gangwar. 2 guys got killed that day. really reall bad!! and nothing to do with sports and supporting ur team</P>

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="DutchGMenFan"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]Dutch, I've never seen you around so early??
    [/quote]</P>

nah i know... i guess i will be here more frequent from now on. I usually go here when i m at work at night. Now i m home i figured i could go here to relax a bit. Didn't know the lot of u were here at this time! i like it !!</P>

[/quote]

Usually I am here, JG, and MJ. Gibril &amp; GMEN come too....

If I am really busy though I don't show up at all....
    [/quote]</P>

ummm sounds great. i will join u guys more during those early hours then (that is if u don't mind[*-)])</P>

Veteran

[quote user="Crush'em Giants"]

I agree. I'm not much of a baseball fan but am slowly starting to root for the Sox. It's hard not to here, its all you ever hear about. I don't know much about the sport but from what I can tell, A-Rod is jus ripping it up</p>[/quote]

Alright, that's it! You and I can't talk to each other anymore! [] Just kidding, dude. A-Rod has done very little for the Yankees, until this year of course. He knows he is a great player, but his problem was that he was concerned on what people thought of him. Now he's not letting anything get in the way, and he's playing like he should!

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="DutchGMenFan"]

Great thing man!! with knowing u worked a lot lately and ur upcoming bday, u did the right thing to take a day off!!</P>

LOL I do hope Kate will drop by, if only for the look on ur face when she does!! (hey, at least u have something to wish for a bday present right?!?!)</P>

[/quote]

Normally I'm off Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's, dude. I work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday's, but you're right, if I didn't tell them what my plans were, I would be working this weekend. I need the money, so OT every once in awhile isn't too bad. Dude... if Kate dropped by, I would be hysterical!
    [/quote]</P>

Ah i c! well if u dont mind to do it once in a while then i guess it is ok. but most bosses think: hey he did it once, i will make him do it a lot more; not thinking of u.</P>

Well let me know if it happend!! if not there is always next year.. and the next ...[]</P>

alright guys! i gotta go... prepare dinner and take a shower. then go to bed and get up for work, tonight. Maybe i catch some of u tonight, if not till later!!</P>

GMen: do enjoy ur bday, with or without kate[]</P>

[quote user="DutchGMenFan"]

alright guys! i gotta go... prepare dinner and take a shower. then go to bed and get up for work, tonight. Maybe i catch some of u tonight, if not till later!!</P>

GMen: do enjoy ur bday, with or without kate[]</P>

[/quote]</P>

See ya dutchy</P>

Man oh man, I just saw on cnn that a police detective in Seattle got in an accident and got a DWI for blowing a .48. The kicker is that she got a DWI the day before, as well. Thats a rough week.

Veteran

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

No I agree, we can't play in the game so we might as well make it a rivalry as much as possible to make it fun.....yes the sweep was awesome!!
    [/quote]

I suppose so, dude. The rivalry is fine as long as no one gets hurt... A little friendly ribbing with Sox fans is all good, though. Dude, I remember the sweep clearly because I went up to Giants camp during that series and there was a Sox fan there, too. He was beside himself. The Yanks had already won 3 games, and he said it himself, the f'in Yanks will sweep, you watch! I just started laughing, not to make fun, just the way he said it! He was really pissed at me when I started laughing, and he just walked away.

Veteran

[quote user="DutchGMenFan"]

alright guys! i gotta go... prepare dinner and take a shower. then go to bed and get up for work, tonight. Maybe i catch some of u tonight, if not till later!!</p>

GMen: do enjoy ur bday, with or without kate[]</p>[/quote]

Have a good one, Dutch! Talk to ya later and thanks again! It would be nice to see Kate!