Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

ouch!! Do you guys have 3 octanes to choose from?

We have 87, 89 and 93

[/quote]

most garages usually just have petrol or deisel. I want a deisel next. the mileage is really good, and modern deisels are powerful cars!
    [/quote]

Yes I've heard diesel gave you a ton more power and lasts much longer....so I'm not sure
    why we don't have more? Do they pollute more or something?
    [/quote]

I don't think so, It's just that they are still seen as slow noisy cars. deisel used to cost much less than petrol over here, like a third or so less, but since the engines got better and more popular, it costs a good bit more now. the government here is taking the ish. when lpg fuel was introduced, the goverment said it would remain incredibly cheap to encourage the environmentally friendly option, but then people started using it more, so they whacked up the price. it makes me sick!

[quote user="andyeyebrows"]

I don't think so, It's just that they are still seen as slow noisy cars. deisel used to cost much less than petrol over here, like a third or so less, but since the engines got better and more popular, it costs a good bit more now. the government here is taking the ish. when lpg fuel was introduced, the goverment said it would remain incredibly cheap to encourage the environmentally friendly option, but then people started using it more, so they whacked up the price. it makes me sick!
    [/quote]

Interesting. There's not that many diesel cars here in the states. There are some Benz models that use diesel but other than that, it's all trucks!!!

I'd like to drive a diesel car and see if I notice and difference. I'm sure I'll notice the increase in torque!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="andyeyebrows"]

[/quote]

Interesting. There's not that many diesel cars here in the states. There are some Benz models that use diesel but other than that, it's all trucks!!!

I'd like to drive a diesel car and see if I notice and difference. I'm sure I'll notice the increase in torque!!
    [/quote]

the 0 - 60 times are slower, but the 60 - 80 is faster. the torque is further up the revs than with petrol, so it makes passing cars at speed much easier. my mate has a 1.9 tubo deisel audi. the standard HP is 130, but he had the CPU altered and it now runs at 170bhp and it really shifts. it's the 4wd version too and it is phenomenal.

hey Andy, it's pouring rain now. Check out the 2 links below. The first one you saw,
    but the second one is traffic behind the first link. The second one is about 3 miles behind
    the first link....

http://www.nysthruway.gov/webcams/tz1/index-hs.html

http://www.nysthruway.gov/webcams/i8702/index-hs.html

anyway, it's 10.45pm here, and I need some sleep. speak to ya tomorrow I imagine. cheerio.

[quote user="AsianGiant"]hey Andy, it's pouring rain now. Check out the 2 links below. The first one you saw,
    but the second one is traffic behind the first link. The second one is about 3 miles behind
    the first link....

[/quote]

nasstty! I'm so glad I don't have to put up with that! right, bed this time for sure. bye.

the 0 - 60 times are slower, but the 60 - 80 is faster. the torque is further up the revs than with petrol, so it makes passing cars at speed much easier. my mate has a 1.9 tubo deisel audi. the standard HP is 130, but he had the CPU altered and it now runs at 170bhp and it really shifts. it's the 4wd version too and it is phenomenal.
    [/quote]

Ohhh!! I thought the TQ would be in lower revs...very interesting....

I really like Audi and I want to buy one, but over here, they break down A LOT.
    You see them on the side of the roads all the time, and customer service is one of the
    worse in the business...and I'm not talking about old Audi's either....

Probably not what you deal with over there, but Audi of America is BAD....

But I agree, for a 4wd to be able to move like your friends does, that's pretty good...

[quote user="AsianGiant"]hey Andy, it's pouring rain now. Check out the 2 links below. The first one you saw,
    the first link....

[/quote]

nasstty! I'm so glad I don't have to put up with that! right, bed this time for sure. bye.
    [/quote]

Ok dude, have a good one!!

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]It costs more upfront for the diesel too, so for you who prolly drives what 15-20K miles a year it makes sense. For me not so much since I haven't even driven 10k on my truck this year and that includes a trip across country.</P>

BTW, wrong day for the appointment. SOB!</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="AsianGiant"]

[/quote]It costs more upfront for the diesel too, so for you who prolly drives what 15-20K miles a year it makes sense. For me not so much since I haven't even driven 10k on my truck this year and that includes a trip across country.</p>

BTW, wrong day for the appointment. SOB!</p>[/quote]

Wrong day? hahaha what's wrong with you!!

Did you check out the links? Bad weather.....