Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="mjg407"]

[quote user="Bleu"]
    Oh that Obama girl...yes I have seen this and sorry the comment did kinda throw me. I'm so used to being polite and correct now-a-days I completely missed that one. This chick is psycho, I can't believe she sat down and made a video. She should just be like every other woman that has a crush on him and kept it to herself, lol. Women love this man and I can't blame them, he's a cutie in a politician sorta way, but the making of a music video got her placed on a not so good list. Her name and life is all over his campaign even down to her bra size so I'd stay away...llol.

[/quote][:$] I hope you would know me better. Well the girl in the video isn't even the songwriter or singer, it's some b-model chick who is now famous. Well he is easier on the eyes than Hillary.....</P>

lol</P>

[/quote]

Of course I do MJG...please excuse me. I'm telling you, my life has changed so much over the past few months and I hate when I lose me in situations like that. I know you much better.

So did you watch the youtube debates on CNN Monday? It was the best debate so far...the feedback from all of the campaigns is crazy. I mean I don't see how they're gonna go back to the old style w/o having to hear about it.
    [/quote]I saw some of the fox coverage on it. I saw that Obama did really well on it (at least from the perspective of the focus group). I honestly would prefer Obama to the alternate choices.</P>

To be honest I don't pay too much attention to the Democrat Party debates. I really don't watch too much of the Republican ones either. I know who I support currently. </P>

Hey Bleu, what's your opinion on this, being an attorney and all. The first attorney my fiancee and I hired for our custody battle wasn't cutting it. He wasn't returning phone calls, emails, nothing, and we are in a time crunch because of the start of the school year and a job offer. We fired him and he kept all of the $1500 retainer, which he no where near but in that kind of time (correction he gave us back $500). Shouldn't it be if you are unsatisfied with your attorney's performance you get it all back?

Veteran

Yeah most ppl are so jaded about politics that they just stay away and I can't say that I blame them. Before Obama's interest in the white house I wasn't too interested, esp. considering recent events of past elections and just the overall state of the US. So I know where you're coming from.

Do you have a FF team over at yahoo?

[quote user="Bleu"]Yeah most ppl are so jaded about politics that they just stay away and I can't say that I blame them. Before Obama's interest in the white house I wasn't too interested, esp. considering recent events of past elections and just the overall state of the US. So I know where you're coming from.

Do you have a FF team over at yahoo?
    [/quote]I don't think I have time for it. Plus who knows what will happen when I'm in Germany for 6 weeks. I would do the same thing I do in Madden. Pick all Giants. I hardly even know any other players. My poor daughter to be, all she knows is Go Tiki (she yells it at every player... .oh well). I have to teach her Go Jacobs... lol

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]Hey Bleu, what's your opinion on this, being an attorney and all. The first attorney my fiancee and I hired for our custody battle wasn't cutting it. He wasn't returning phone calls, emails, nothing, and we are in a time crunch because of the start of the school year and a job offer. We fired him and he kept all of the $1500 retainer, which he no where near but in that kind of time (correction he gave us back $500). Shouldn't it be if you are unsatisfied with your attorney's performance you get it all back?[/quote]

Well it depends on the agreement stated within the retainer document. I know alot of attorney's work on an hourly rate when handling cases like this. So was there a fee break down within the retainer in the event you chose to suspend his services? If so then you should contact him and ask for the break down of hours worked on your case supported by the actual taske he spent time on for your case in order for you and your fiancee to understand why you only received a portion of the fee back. I'm assuming it must be b/c if it weren't then he would have kept the entire fee b/c the document would have spelled that out as well.

And if you don't mind my asking...why are you undergoing a custody battle with your fiancee? Did things not work out, or is this for kids you and she have outside of the impending marriage? Sorry I can be a bit nosey so feel free to lemme know if you don't want to talk about your personal biz. I won't be offended.

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="mjg407"]Hey Bleu, what's your opinion on this, being an attorney and all. The first attorney my fiancee and I hired for our custody battle wasn't cutting it. He wasn't returning phone calls, emails, nothing, and we are in a time crunch because of the start of the school year and a job offer. We fired him and he kept all of the $1500 retainer, which he no where near but in that kind of time (correction he gave us back $500). Shouldn't it be if you are unsatisfied with your attorney's performance you get it all back?[/quote]

Well it depends on the agreement stated within the retainer document. I know alot of attorney's work on an hourly rate when handling cases like this. So was there a fee break down within the retainer in the event you chose to suspend his services? If so then you should contact him and ask for the break down of hours worked on your case supported by the actual taske he spent time on for your case in order for you and your fiancee to understand why you only received a portion of the fee back. I'm assuming it must be b/c if it weren't then he would have kept the entire fee b/c the document would have spelled that out as well.

And if you don't mind my asking...why are you undergoing a custody battle with your fiancee? Did things not work out, or is this for kids you and she have outside of the impending marriage? Sorry I can be a bit nosey so feel free to lemme know if you don't want to talk about your personal biz. I won't be offended.
    [/quote]We as in my Fiancee and I are fighting her ex. He is contesting the move (mostly because he's an ***). Her daughter calls me dad, tells me she loves me, and wants to move here. We don't want to bring her down during the school year, so right now we are fighting this *** about the whole move thing. The son of a ***** has been downright mean to his daughter over the whole issue as well. The good news is that now we have one of the top two family practice attorneys in the county and should know what the recommendation is of the Guardian ad litem (sp?) by the weekend.

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="Bleu"][quote user="mjg407"]Hey Bleu, what's your opinion on this, being an attorney and all. The first attorney my fiancee and I hired for our custody battle wasn't cutting it. He wasn't returning phone calls, emails, nothing, and we are in a time crunch because of the start of the school year and a job offer. We fired him and he kept all of the $1500 retainer, which he no where near but in that kind of time (correction he gave us back $500). Shouldn't it be if you are unsatisfied with your attorney's performance you get it all back?[/quote]

[/quote]We as in my Fiancee and I are fighting her ex. He is contesting the move (mostly because he's an ***). Her daughter calls me dad, tells me she loves me, and wants to move here. We don't want to bring her down during the school year, so right now we are fighting this *** about the whole move thing. The son of a ***** has been downright mean to his daughter over the whole issue as well. The good news is that now we have one of the top two family practice attorneys in the county and should know what the recommendation is of the Guardian ad litem (sp?) by the weekend.[/quote]

Ok well at least you now have a better attorney to handle things for you two. Unfortunately when dealing with custody at the end of the day all the courts take into consideration is financial well-being and what's in the best interest of the child. I assume you all are seeking full custody which is very difficult to obtain but with both incomes and what I also assume is much more attractive option for the childs welfare you should be ok. Good luck with everything!

Thanks Bleu

Veteran

[quote user="mjg407"]Thanks Bleu[/quote]

No problem...so when is the big day?

[quote user="Bleu"][quote user="mjg407"]Thanks Bleu[/quote]

No problem...so when is the big day?
    [/quote]I think we have finally narrowed down the setting. Looks like it will be either the first weekend or second weekend in October. Well thanks for chatting bleu, I've got to walk my doggie...Take care of yourself.