Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]The pilots got task saturated, they were both concentrating on the car chase and were not keeping a good "see and avoid" tactic.[/quote]

I still think it's unbelievable..

To me it's like having 2 space shuttles accidentally collide in space...

[/quote]not really, you are actually working in a relatively small area, and working in three dimensions, and both pilots are focusing on the ground, so neither sees each other. It has actually happened a lot. The worst Navy P-3 disaster which cost 25 lives happened when one airplane was climbing and the other descending over the same target.

Hey AG, </P>

Sorry,</P>

Happy Belated Birthday.... One more year and you are old.</P>

[quote user="mjg407"]

Hey AG, </p>

Sorry,</p>

Happy Belated Birthday.... One more year and you are old.</p>[/quote]

haha thanks man, how did you know?? Oh..I guess it's on my profile?

Don't remind me about getting older.... [:$]

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]

Hey AG, </P>

Sorry,</P>

Happy Belated Birthday.... One more year and you are old.</P>[/quote]

haha thanks man, how did you know?? Oh..I guess it's on my profile?

Don't remind me about getting older.... [:$]
    [/quote]okay, but for the guy rapidly aproaching 40, I don't wannna hear it....lol

[quote user="mjg407"]not really, you are actually working in a relatively small area, and working in three dimensions, and both pilots are focusing on the ground, so neither sees each other. It has actually happened a lot. The worst Navy P-3 disaster which cost 25 lives happened when one airplane was climbing and the other descending over the same target.[/quote]

I guess not being a pilot, my perception of things is way off. There seems to have been a lot
    of plane/heli accidents lately...maybe I need to stop talking about them....

[quote user="mjg407"]okay, but for the guy rapidly aproaching 40, I don't wannna hear it....lol[/quote]

I don't even want to think about 40....

My business partner is 1 year younger than me but EVERYONE thinks he's
    around 40...it's pretty sad and funny.....

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]not really, you are actually working in a relatively small area, and working in three dimensions, and both pilots are focusing on the ground, so neither sees each other. It has actually happened a lot. The worst Navy P-3 disaster which cost 25 lives happened when one airplane was climbing and the other descending over the same target.[/quote]

I guess not being a pilot, my perception of things is way off. There seems to have been a lot
    [/quote]why? Does it make you nervous about flying or are you worried about bothering me?

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]okay, but for the guy rapidly aproaching 40, I don't wannna hear it....lol[/quote]

I don't even want to think about 40....

My business partner is 1 year younger than me but EVERYONE thinks he's
    around 40...it's pretty sad and funny.....
    [/quote]well most people don't think I'm much above 30

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="mjg407"]not really, you are actually working in a relatively small area, and working in three dimensions, and both pilots are focusing on the ground, so neither sees each other. It has actually happened a lot. The worst Navy P-3 disaster which cost 25 lives happened when one airplane was climbing and the other descending over the same target.[/quote]

[/quote]why? Does it make you nervous about flying or are you worried about bothering me?[/quote]

No, I'm sure your experience in flying overcomes all the misconceptions and fear that I have.

It's not necessarily fear, I never have an issue getting on a plane, I do trust it, it's those dumb
    moments that I hate. Like that brazilian plane that ran off the runway and blew up....

A heli crashed last week here in NYC, it was one of those site seeing heli's....

[quote user="mjg407"]well most people don't think I'm much above 30[/quote]

That's a good thing!!!