Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

Great show, keeps you humble.....maybe I'm getting old but a lot of TV shows now
    don't seem very good anymore, not much substance....
    [/quote]

I agree, they're not. I miss shows like Seinfeld, too. Oh well... What can you do? Alright I'm out.
    [/quote]

Ok dude, see you later!!

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

Great show, keeps you humble.....maybe I'm getting old but a lot of TV shows now
    [/quote]

I agree, they're not. I miss shows like Seinfeld, too. Oh well... What can you do? Alright I'm out.
    [/quote]

How can you miss Seinfeld?

It's only on 10 times a day.

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="GMENFAN4EVER"][quote user="AsianGiant"]

Nope, I never saw his standup. That was a unique show, one of a kind. Kinda like Roseanne in a way.
    The show had substance and it was funny....when the boys started to grow up, you can tell the show
    was losing it...
    [/quote]

Yeah, it was. His standup's like Home Improvement. If you ever find it, definitely check it out. I never got into Roseanne for some reason.
    [/quote]

[/quote]</P>

too true. as for the Rock of Love show, oh it def sux; but it's like watching Nascar; you watch to see how stupid people act just for their 15 min of fame.</P>

the quality of TV in general , is deminished(sp). I liked Roseanne for the real blue-collar feel of the show, Home Improvement was just plain funny, Martin's first 3 seasons were ridiculous, King of Queens (freakin' jets fans[:S]) was a fav of mine for a while.</P>

Pam on HI was waaay better than Pam on BW; but i liked the Heidi character better than Pam's character.</P>

what was Moose's deal, our boys are slippin' again.</P>

i got some burning questions folks:</P>

Mike Greenberg- Jets fan???? he revealed something the other day on one of the shows.</P>

Rich Eisen- Jints fan? i know he's real charismatic with all the players but he seemed really happy to be interviewing Osi a while back.</P>

Ray Ramano- Jints fan, i guess because whenever you saw his basement/office there was always Giants' memorabilia(sp) displayed.</P>

and what's with so many NY based shows having more love for the green guys?</P>

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

sup y'all? what's with all the poison bashing going on?????? they are awesome! as are the crue. not a fan of g'n'r though.

i'm not bashing poison or any of the glam rock bands for that matter.</P>

wasn't really my cup of tea back then, i did like a few songs from them and i still like to listen to 80s rock once in a while. It was this era in which Run DMC and the Beastie Boys drew me into the (real) hip-hop thing.</P>

at any rate what "reality"(not) shows do you watch for the sheer human carnage.</P>

Flavor of Love was one of my fav as was College Hill (on BET). this Rock of Love thing looks like many a young lass will be hurt before show's end.</P>

*i also admit to like the CMT bull-riding shows like the celebrity bull ride sponsored by the PBR....but i digress</P>

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

i'm not bashing poison or any of the glam rock bands for that matter.</p>

wasn't really my cup of tea back then, i did like a few songs from them and i still like to listen to 80s rock once in a while. It was this era in which Run DMC and the Beastie Boys drew me into the (real) hip-hop thing.</p>

at any rate what "reality"(not) shows do you watch for the sheer human carnage.</p>

Flavor of Love was one of my fav as was College Hill (on BET). this Rock of Love thing looks like many a young lass will be hurt before show's end.</p>

*i also admit to like the CMT bull-riding shows like the celebrity bull ride sponsored by the PBR....but i digress</p>[/quote]

well, we don't get all the shows you get over here. but if I'm watching TV it's for scrubs or family guy. I prefer movies myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316BF17k5d8</P>

</P>

winnie the pooh crank it(soulja boy)</P>

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

too true. as for the Rock of Love show, oh it def sux; but it's like watching Nascar; you watch to see how stupid people act just for their 15 min of fame.</p>

the quality of TV in general , is deminished(sp). I liked Roseanne for the real blue-collar feel of the show, Home Improvement was just plain funny, Martin's first 3 seasons were ridiculous, King of Queens (freakin' jets fans[:S]) was a fav of mine for a while.</p>

Pam on HI was waaay better than Pam on BW; but i liked the Heidi character better than Pam's character.</p>

what was Moose's deal, our boys are slippin' again.</p>

i got some burning questions folks:</p>

Mike Greenberg- Jets fan???? he revealed something the other day on one of the shows.</p>

Rich Eisen- Jints fan? i know he's real charismatic with all the players but he seemed really happy to be interviewing Osi a while back.</p>

Ray Ramano- Jints fan, i guess because whenever you saw his basement/office there was always Giants' memorabilia(sp) displayed.</p>

and what's with so many NY based shows having more love for the green guys?</p>[/quote]

Exactly!! Roseanne had that blue collar feel. Martin was also another good show that after
    while though I stopped watching. And King of Queens was also a favorite of mine, last 2-3
    seasons I stopped watching it but I did catch the finale show...

I think the Jets have more of the underdog blue collar(no pun intended) feel than the Giants.
    It's like having a NY based TV show and the characters are Yankee fans...

Producers probably like to go with the poor guy, root and support him thing....

King of Queens he was a Mets/Jets fans. I think it would be hard to root for him if he was a
    Yankee fan...it almost doesn't seem to fit....

I haven't watched a NY-based show in a very long time where the character is a Giants fan.
    I never got into Everybody Loves Ramon...

[quote user="Chopper"]

[/quote]

This is true, but only if you want to get all nostalgic and watch all the old shows.

Veteran

[quote user="Chopper"]

[/quote]

True, but I am talking about seeing the actual show, not in syndication like it is now. I missed watching new episodes every week.